Sleep dart needs to be removed for OW2

If Blizzard is removing CC for roles other than tank, there is NO justification for them keeping the literal most oppressive CC in the game on a support hero.

Sleep dart is a whopping 5 second stun if no one shoots you which also gives time to load up head shots, burst moves, and other effects (Such as Ana’s anti-heal, which means she can effectively keep a tank out of the fight for 9 seconds total).

Even if you just shoot straight through sleep dart, it’s a 1.5 second stun. That’s longer than any single stun in the game, including Mei’s. That’s more than twice as long as Flashbang.

Inb4 “But sleep dart is hard to land!”

Yeah? Not on tanks. It’s actually pretty dang easy to dart them, and they are the most effective people TO dart, since keeping the 1 tank in the game in OW2 out of literally the entire fight with a single ability is insane.

Is sleep dart any harder to pull off than Junkrat’s trap? It’s actually a fair bit easier, since you have to get people to walk into that thing without shooting it first. But Rat is still losing the snare on his trap, while Ana gets to keep her 5-second stun.

If they’re going to remove CC, they can’t play favorites, ESPECIALLY not when the favorite is the literal best CC in the game.

55 Likes

Oh but… they already have! -cheesiest villain line ever

7 Likes

They’re not removing cc….they’re trying to reduce/limit it….I imagine the “bad” ones will be more limited….but will still be there though…and they’re still going to add more of it (if you believe leaks sojourn seems to have a slow mechanism :man_shrugging:t2:)

8 Likes

Could you suggest something to replace it or are we outright removing it with no new ability? Because without sleep dart or something similar, Ana will get destroyed by everyone as soon as she gets dived.

5 Likes

Okay, so if ana’s CC is literally the hardest CC in the game, why is it that all indications point to it being completely untouched, while other, less harsh cc is getitng completely removed?

They’d need to give her something else, just like Cree is (as far as I know) getting a new ability. They could keep the dart but cause it to reduce the damage a hero does for a few seconds instead. Or they could be more creative and give her something new.

At the same time, Ana’s dart isn’t the best at counter-dive as it is. It only really works reliably against tanks (hit tracer with that thing, I dare you lol) and it only really works against Ball consistently. Winston is much harder since he can shield it out.

The nade is honestly better self-defense than the dart. And Ana should always be more vulnerable to dive than heroes like Moira/Lucio, since she’s allowed to have very powerful abilities and very long-ranged healing.

1 Like

They already said it’s not being removed tho

Yes… that’s why I’m making a thread saying it should be.

If they hadn’t said anything, I think most of the community would assume it was going because it is the single longest CC move in the game.

1 Like

I think they said the cooldown was being increased to 15 seconds or something. And besides, Tanks will get a CC reduction, so they could just make Sleep Dart last half as long on tanks

Tanks are getting displacement reduction, which is different.

And even then, down from 5 seconds to 2.5 seconds. Still the longest CC move in the game, btw.

AND it’s still going to be a 1.5 second stun if you shoot straight through it, which is a HUGE portion of the problem.

But hey, we’re going to remove Cree’s .7 second stun and Brig’s .75 second stun because they’re oppressive.

They literally said they wanted to keep it in because it gave Ana “big plays.” But clearly Brig doesn’t need big plays whatsoever, like stopping ults with shield bash, I guess…

They’re playing favorites, and it’s stupid. If they’re removing CC, they need to remove what is literally the longest cc in the game.

2 Likes

I’d be fine with them nerfing/removing dart if they also nerfed hypermobile heroes accordingly. Ana should still be capable of defending herself.

1 Like

Pretty sure it was just knockback reduction, not full cc reduction. Though they also give less ult charge.

1 Like

All things considered its not that hard. Once you start feeling the flow of a particular player’s blinks you can make them walk into it.

That said:

Dive tanks are the very reason it exists in the first place. The alternatives are high mobility, high firepower, or high durability, none of which suit Ana, which is why the ability was spared. Inconsistency is not a problem- counterplay runs both ways and Ana does in fact require skill.

More importantly though:

Removing CC was already a mistake, let’s not make them repeat it.

2 Likes

It’s fine to think that, but if that is the course of action they are set on, it is extremely unfair and unbalanced to remove it from everyone EXCEPT Ana.

They made it pretty clear that she’s their favorite.

They didn’t want to remove it because it was “part of her identity”. Yet they reworked how many heroes to lose theirs lol.

25 Likes

Idk about anyone else, but I have no issue with sleep dart. I’d rather she keep it than it getting removed or replaced.

5 Likes

Cass, Mei, and Brig can be made more durable and more damaging. Ana can’t.

Also, if the goal was to reduce CC stacking, then removing all but 1 achieves that.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re murdering two of my most played characters and destroying the very fabric of the game, but it does make sense to keep sleep.

1 Like

or…play around it and try to track her sleep cooldown. it’s not that hard to bait it out

1 Like

A lot of responses in here make you realize why ana is such a favorite.

1 Like

Are you trying to advocate to kill the support role entirely? Right now, in this stage of OW2 development, supports are suffering. They’re getting completely destroyed by flanking heroes such as Tracer and Genji because they’re becoming defenceless enemy ult fodder more than anything.

Do you really want to remove some of the very few anti-flanker tools that the support heroes have left? If Ana misses her sleepdart in OW2, she’s met with a hefty cooldown. I think last time we saw them play it was around 14-16 seconds. On live version I think it’s 12 seconds or so.

They’re also toning down CC, not removing it. These changes are mostly supposed to affect the DPS class in particular.

8 Likes

I still find it weird that a healer has an instant kill 5 second CC. :roll_eyes:

A few things you could do to make this ability less insane. Make it break instantly upon damage. Allow the person who was slept to instantly use actions upon it breaking. Reduce its duration to 3 seconds.