Sitting in DPS queue forever to have someone leave

Going to have to do something about this… 16+ minutes for a single match isn’t likely going to go over well.

4 Likes

Come down and play at the bottom, Q times are 1 min max.

5 to 8 minutes in plat seems pretty normal after 10 est. The problem is when you sit in queue for that long, get into a match… and then someone quits canceling the match. Then you get to do it all over again.

And I say this as someone who mostly plays Tank with some Support on the side. Playing DPS is not fun for the wrong reasons with the canceling of matches. Maybe a cut in line bonus for canceled matches for any role with over 5 minute queue?

6 Likes

Just cancel and re-queue. My account is High-Plat, low diamond and I find matches in 7 minutes tops even at early hours in the morning on the Singapore server. I’m sure you’ll find games faster on other servers.

Well, Jeff did said that if there is no behavioral change, the DPS queue times would average to 20 minutes.

Guess offereing credits and lootboxes weren’t enough to incentive people to change their behavior.

I was enjoying the instant queues we had right before 222, to be honest. And most teams would make a decent comp on their own. It’s new though. I hope they do a lot to smooth it out. Getting more tanks and supports, maybe taking a couple out of DPS would be the first place i’d start.

2 Likes

This just shouldn’t happen. It should put you at the front of the queue if you re-queue within a minute or something. It doesn’t matter if it’s 5 minutes or 20 minutes for a queue, you shouldn’t have to wait 10 minutes instead or up to 40 with that happening.

3 Likes

WIth my friend we were often playing duo dps carry. Somehow after winning 5 placement game we were dropped from diamond to mid plat. Now if we would like to play duo dps queue is around 19-25 min

Hot take: Maybe time to make ow 7v7 with 3 DPS slots.

2 Likes

Just go full dps as tank.
problem solved

I’ve been doing that as Rein since season 4. Might be why I’m still hardstuck.

Gotta go for the flank dive. Love it.

Actually that seems to be the new meta with Sigma

I’ve been wondering about this idea too.

I’ve had to start using skirmish between games… And I hate skirmish with a passion. If I didn’t I can see myself leaving ow, a game I love(d) nearly as much as good old Q3. I just don’t like waiting 15 mins per game at best of times, then having a game cancelled and waiting another 15.

its strange, people complain about the dps queue times"okey fair enough" and they want the RQ away and go back like before.
Ironicly this are the same people that saying theire games where never full of dps and usualy had 2 tanks and healers anyway.
Something dont add up, where did all the tanks and healers go

@Thund3rfury People can like different things dps tank heal, the thing is that if you like playing dps you have to wait for at least 10 minutes to have a chance to play it

yes and so? when majority want to play dps all the time and at the same time this is what happens. there is no way arround it. the more people start playing tank and healers the less queue there will be. when people actualy start flexing that they have been screaming about here the queue will decline because " you will probably play tank and healer sometimes to" And if nobody dos the queue times for dps will stay high and prob get higer…thats how it works and nothing to cry about. Adjust or adios amigos

It’s the demographics, healers and tanks are more played by older people in college or adults with/without jobs. So at certain times when these sorts of people will be playing then dps queues are shorter.
But between 12 and 6 and then after midnight. Dps queues are pretty bad. maybe it will ve different when summer is over

yeah maybe. im on eu server and i dont have long queue ever. longest i had was for dps yesterday when i waited 8min something. it was 3 clock night time. was in plat. i average about 3 min on dps queue. not what the estimated but what i actualy wait