Since no one actually gonna say it

I am a support main, and I prefer Freedom Queue over Forced Queue, which in turn means I prefer QP Classic over QP

Many tank and/or Support players have stated on these forums that they prefer Freedom over Forced

While I agree OP is wrong about their suggestion the bug you mention is not the same as what OP means

The bug was ā€œfirst come 2-2-2ā€ you had 2-2-2 but whoever rendered the player select screen had first dibs on roles/heroes and as they filled up roles would be blocked out

OP wants LFG but instead of only choosing your role you also choose if you want 2-2-2, 4-1-1 or any other comp.

You completely miss the point. Or it was me calling it soft 2-2-2. Idk but QP bug is not what I described in my post.

and you can go to old forums and see its been a problem for years. and when i see all the dps players crying i say what do they purpose for a fix. Because going back to always having to flex for them isnt something i will go back to, i keep this life style.

Honestly every game its just everyone going dps and who ever decides to go healer first wins 12 dps a game aaayyy

Yeah but how much of the pie do you make up?
One small bite that leaves 95% of it left.

If it werenā€™t that way, I wouldnā€™t have said what I said. Also Dodo, I told you this would happen :stuck_out_tongue: Foresight is a gift :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I know of no valid data to support the claim of a majority in the statement quoted above

I can see how that sounds appealing.

The major issue here is that Blizzard tested the 4/1/1 and 3/2/1 formula and they, Blizzard, found it to be not applicable for the current environment that is Overwatch. I disagree with many things Blizzard has done, is doing and will do in the future. Role Queue is the first time in a long time that I have agreed with the route Blizzard has taken.

4 Likes

That actually sounds just like QP classic? Most of my games would start with 4 dps and once we were stomped enough, some people would consider switching. Sadly, a lot of people would wait until we were about to lose to switch.

3 Likes

ā€œIT JUST QP LOLOL FUNā€ and the second tanks and supports saw the light it didnt take long for them to go running.

6 Likes

I have played over 3 dozen matches of qp classic at this point

I have never had more than 4 dps on the team, and that occurred only twice in those 36 games

I must add you can also chose dps +5 any role for fastest queue or dps + support + tank + 3 any role for more or less fast queues and not completely trash comp. by any role I donā€™t mean flex role, I mean it can be filled with any role, but it still will be locked.

I know of no valid data to support the claim of 95%

Each person has different experiences with it I guess. I mean, Iā€™ve probably done about 2-3 dozen as well and maybe seen a support or a tank every 5th or 6th game. Might be why lots of people see it the other way than you.

I think I came out of the factory wrong because I enjoy solo healing (Lucio main BTW). Itā€™s one of the few times Iā€™m ok with aurabotting.

:stuck_out_tongue: Oh you. sure, there is no data, but the obvious experience eludes to the fact that they are all gone for the most part. So its at least obvious that more than 3 quarters of the QPC audience arenā€™t people who play support or tank.

2 Likes

Yeah I get what you mean, was just trying to do it justice while explaining it to others.

Blizzard, the owners of the game, tested the other methods outside of 2/2/2. What they found was the solo tank or support player was not able to play the game in a manner that most people would call ā€œfunā€, not ALL people, just most people.

Kaplan sat down in an interview and talked about how (paraphrased) ā€œsolo tanking and healing is probably the worst experience you can have in Overwatch.ā€

When the game director says something is bad and they donā€™t like it, things change.

10 Likes

the statement I replied to indicated (gist, not a quote) that all 12 players in every match are dps

as such, my reply stands

I enjoy solo healing as well

1 Like