Sigma's Nationality šŸš©

He is 100% dutch. There is a dutch teaser in his trailer and the voice actor is dutch.

Yeah, this is a good point.

WEEE OOO WEEE OOO :rotating_light::police_car:
forum police has arrived :policeman:

Then they did a horrible job on the voice actor. I mean he did great but he sounds he is from north England. Sigma is a uncommen name in northen netherlands, rest of the netherlands dont use it.

We only have a character reveal, and you say this.

For goodness sake man wait until all the evidence is on the table before you make the claim.

2 Likes

Can I have a source for this please?
Iā€™d love to know for sure :smiley:

1 Like

Fun fact ā€“ Sigma is not his actual name.

Youā€™ve got to admit though. Itā€™s nice when playing a game and someone starts saying stuff in your own language outside of the usual omnipresent English.

Itā€™s also what I found so neat about Age Of Empires 3. You could play as pretty much all notable European countries of the 16-17th century and your troops would say stuff in their respective language.

Iā€™ll never forget that pompous ā€˜AANVALLEN!!!ā€™ that they always said when playing as the Dutch.

Dutch people who speak English basically donā€™t have an accent, soā€¦

And Sigma is obviously a codename, like half of the roster has. His real name is probably like Jan-Jaap or something incredibly Dutch. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh definitely. I think thatā€™s a great touch that does signify their nationality as interconnected into their characterā€¦ though it does leave me a lot of the time struggling to know everything they are actually saying.

In the end, there are full on language options for a reason. As much as I enjoy hearing them say things in their own language sometimesā€¦ I donā€™t KNOW their language necessarily, and that makes it difficult to get what they are saying.

Hell, the best remedy theyā€™ve made for this to date is the subtitle system. It says what they are actually saying, translated, in the subtitles.

Some of genjiā€™s dialogue is just great.

Did you know he sometimes calls people idiots? I didnā€™t!

1 Like

Just learned from the Seagull stream, he IS Dutch.

1 Like