Sigma's Nationality đŸš©

does he have a plan though

2 Likes

Like i said, he is dutch
 confirmed by VA

His plan is Thaiti.

But yeah Correct anwser is Dutch. VA confirmed it on his twitter.

We don’t ‘need’ anyone specific to be added to the game. Creative freedoms alone will allow the game’s cast to become more diverse. Forced ‘diversity’ is a joke.

The devs will make the heroes they want to make. It’s their game.

Besides, if all you can connect to or care about a character is their race, or even sexuality–and not their actual character
 Idk. That’s very shallow.

By the way, he’s dutch. VA confirmed that.

1 Like

its about wanting variety.
i dont care ONLY about his nationality, or ONLY about his orientation, but i do care about all those things as a whole.
if we got a new character that shared 99% of his traits with an already existing one, it would be a disappointment.
so of course its more exciting to know that something new, something fresh is coming.

i wouldnt want the overwatch roster to be a bunch of minions, with only minute, barely recognisable differences. not because of politics, but because of fun!

At first I thoght he was English but after listening to the start of the video multiple times I now realize he is Dutch.

I don’t oppose variety. In fact I would encourage them to think up crazy unique characters.

I’m also certain some people would almost entirely ignore what the character is actually like specifically because of nationality.

Nationality should be an afterthought for the most part. Not to be ignored, but it shouldn’t be the focal point of the character. The devs have been good about that, but a chunk of the playerbase hasn’t.

yea i assume you are right.
i remember when ashe came out it didnt go so well.
she was a white american (like mccree), had a cowboy-esque aesthetic (like mccree), and was a midrange hitscan (like mccree)

nobody cared that she brought a completely new character profile (sassy, bossy but also competent young woman who leads a fairly large organisation mainly filled with men) but all they whined about was that shes another white american
 hmpf

1 Like

Yep. It’s incredibly racist that they said those things when you take a moment to think about it.

i wouldnt call it incredibly racist. its not THAT deep. but it shows how shallow people can be if they want to.

Sure, I’ll agree with that.

Sigma’s voice actor is english. He doesnt have a dutch accent

1 Like

Video game history, by HUGE majority, has been pandering to straight, white men for years.

This game was announced with diversity being a part of it from the get go. People who don’t get to see themselves in games are allowed to get excited or speculate who’s next if they so please.

So, Sit down.

lets not get hostile now

So, you’ll completely ignore what I actually said then. Cool.

I’ll remain standing, thanks.

Oh i did, doesnt change that people are allowed to speculate on those things regarding future heroes.

You may think it’s “shallow”, but to many people it’s important.

I never said they couldn’t. I said it’s shallow to focus simply on the nationality alone. Not that they have no reason to care about nationality.

The character as a whole is important. Reducing them to nationality is what I think is shallow.

Then let them talk about it sans comment.

Demonstrably false, given the large video game industry in Asia.