Sigmas hero origin story theory

After watching the sigma origin story many times I’ve started to notice things about him. I have a theory. I’m going off of he is spilt he has spilt personalities ok on to the theory.

In the sigma trailer numerous times we hear him say something backwards. From release me to other stuff I think that sigma knows he is stuck. He is trying to break out of the manipulations of Talon he doesn’t know what he’s doing for them. That’s why he has stuff in backwards he is trying to gain control of himself he is trying to contact his split personality. He’s trying to get control of what he lost. In the origin story it’s glitching from scienctist him and talon him. Which would fit perfectly into the fact he has spilt personality. Also when he says “What is that melody” I think that’s how talon uses him they use that so he can’t hear himself he can’t regain control of his mind with the black hole experiment changing him into two people and talon uses the melody to make him do things unwillingly and unknowingly. He is consistently saying things backwards to himself but the melody always buffers it out. Creepy if you think about it.

Just an idea pls don’t take overly serious it’s theory so it can be completely wrong

6 Likes

I think its a cool theory, I also had a similar one in the sense that the black hole split his mentality into two. One which has been manipulated by Talon and the other still controlled by himself. The melody is from Talon and controls him by drowning out his sane voice.

It’s always fun to theorise

2 Likes

Agreed you never can figure things out unless you try to go off of what you have and make a theory

Just going to put what we were told about Sigma - and that some people have never read/seen because it was on interviews.

That’s what Michael Chu said about him :

“It’s interesting, because I can see how people in the community have identified with Sigma as someone who is struggling or dealing with mental health issues,” Chu said. “But with the idea of the character, we never intended him to be an example of someone who’s going through mental health issues. He’s really supposed to be more focused on this very specific thing that happened to him, which is that his body and his mind were literally ripped apart by the momentary exposure to a black hole.

“With other aspects of his character, he’s certainly supposed to be eccentric. The idea behind that is more just that he sees the world a little differently. We liked this idea that he had this connection to music. So, for example, the way that he thinks about the universe, gravity, and physics, is through this prism of music. From experience talking to physicists and especially theoretical physicists is that other things that aren’t literally just the equation or the mathematics have influenced the way in which they interpret things. And so that’s the direction we went with him.”

“It’s also interesting for Sigma because he’s not necessarily a card carrying believer in Talon,” said Chu. “ He’s sort of not there because he wants to be. So we thought that added interesting character to his backstory. I think it’s also interesting to see another scientist in Talon, and I’m looking forward to his interactions with Moira. That’ll be pretty good.”

“ There are other groups that make up Talon ,” adds Chu. “Especially for someone like Sigma, I imagine they set him up with his own lab somewhere . So he’s not like… walking down the hallway, bumping into Reaper.”

4 Likes

Interesting that’s really cool I guess I’ll check more in and come back in a few week with a a new theory

1 Like

That’s the spirit :wink:

I’ll give you more to think about then : you can clearly see that Sigma went to some ehancements/cybernetisation : he has some “LED” on his cheekbones - that may be connected to his brain (cybernetic brain updgrade is a thing that exists in OW, Sojourn has some) - maybe Talon even “cure” his condition by doing it? It’s still very mysterious what they did to him .

If you like the mind-controlling stuff, you can come up with cool theories and ideas

After some more research I’m not completely done I found that his mind was indeed fractured. Meaning it is completely possible for most of the theory to work. The music is kind of like lake lagoui from avatar. It says “But the same experiment that had opened his mind had fractured it, and he struggled to put the pieces together. I also saw the connection to Winston which had been obvious but I think he had a connection to the creator of zaryas gun. He may have even roles make it.