Sick of the 'Play Better' Argument

If he has the proof it’s because he’s a Blizzard employee, and he won’t share it. If he’s not a Blizzard employee he’s either delusional or lying.

Dude… you gotta stop saying that everyone who disagrees with you is a shill. It destroys any argument you’re trying to make. Try making an argument that either stands on its own merit or has non-anecdotal evidence to back it up.

1 Like

Are you the one that got the other thread locked?

It’s just a factual matter that OP can’t know the info unless he works there. Whether you’re paid to make all these posts aimed at the same thing, well that’s a matter of judgement.

You mean the thread you made that got locked because you called out the dev team? :rofl:

No, certain systems can be reverse-engineered. A deep-learning neural network probably couldn’t, though - even if you know the inputs you can’t know what it’s doing under the hood - kinda the point of them. :rofl:

No, that would be an actual factual matter. :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s not a “no”. I take it you reported it after you lost all those arguments.

Nope, didn’t report it at all. It’s still available for reference - why don’t you show me on the thread where I lost an argument? I just see a bunch of you calling people shills and pretending to be an expert in AI while demonstrating that you know nothing of AI and asking the Overwatch forums to explain AI. :rofl:

2 Likes

You literally called out Blizz employees in your title. That’s against the rules on the forums. That’s why the post got locked. It’s that simple.

1 Like

I’m satisfied with what’s there in thread, speaks for itself, especially the final post (not mine, the one from Blizzard.)

It’s against the rules to diagnose serious problems? Fascinating.

I agree!

“development team callout/insult, so we’re closing it down.” yep!

1 Like

You’re always welcome to post issues about problems you may have like anyone else is. You, however, are not allowed to call out specific people, including Blizz employees.

Also, you are now derailing this post.

1 Like

False, I was simply responding to your point.

You started accusing another commenter of either being:

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand and is derailing the thread. Please stick to the topic at hand. Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

personal performance will determine ur rank, the only constant factor of your games is yourself

trust me, i was “hardstuck” (dont like using that word, nobody is ever hardstuck) in silver (~1600-1800) for about 4 seasons. i never gave up trying to improve and kept playing despite seeing little improvement in my rank.

However, i saw improvement in my gameplay as i picked up 1.) more heroes and 2.) got better at my mains. eventually you will climb to wear you need to be (shockingly, the matchmaker rewards you in low ranks because of the performance- based system), it just takes time

i am now 3100

its all about your gameplay.

stop blaming the factors you cannot control

4 Likes

It seems to me that the biggest issue with games like this is that there are too many heroes, so there are too many combinations that have an impact on your success. Nobody wants to feel like they did a good job but lost. That’s silly. If you do a good job, you should win.

In my opinion, that’s one of the bigger issues that we’re not talking about. Maybe what’s needed is that the game needs to stop focusing on the team rank, and needs to only start looking at the player rank.

Team rank is worthless. That’s like trying to say that everyone on the NBA is equal, yet you’ve got players you’ve never heard of playing alongside LeBron. That’s silly. LeBron is going to play circles around most of the NBA, and you know it.

And what’s more, in professional sports, everyone knows who’s on each team, and what they can do. So you can plan accordingly ahead of time. This is why LeBron can’t just carry his team to victory solo every single time.

But we’re not compensating for any of this, and the teams are all completely random for the vast majority of the players. This would be like if LeBron–each game–was being placed into a random team every game, and even though he’s one of the best, he’s going to lose, a lot.

The focus should be on the individual, not the team. And there should be a hell of a lot more ranks. I don’t want to see a few ranks. I want to see bronze level 1, level 2, level 3, level 4, level 5, silver level 1, etc. I want to see solo scores. A bronze level 3 team player who plays a Phara at gold 4. I want the game to know who can play what at what level and make sure it’s not making matches where the player who plays a Phara at gold 4 actually has a player who is a viable counter. You can’t put a Phara at gold 4 on one team where the opposite team’s best counter is a Mcree silver 2, who can’t switch to the Mcree, because they’re also the team’s only Mercy gold 3.

This is the problem, and there’s the solution.

Agree, and I try to have fun. But when 1 out of 8 games is actually a fun/good game because there is clearly a teammate not up to speed with the rest of the team, it gets old.

Maybe you should watch some of Jayne’s videos where he experimented with low sr players against a high sr player.

1 Like

Just to add another post to the list of anecdotes:

My gold account was 2020 SR at the end of Friday night. Saturday I played a bit in the morning and then some more in the early evening. I played a fair bit, but not all day. I ended Saturday at 2556.

It’s easy to climb when you have decent winning streaks and are getting 30 - 45 SR per win and then when the streaks end you’re only losing 17 - 18 SR for a loss. Also having ~87% win rate helps.

My other account is at ~2700 at the moment. So I climbed more than 500 SR in a single day while my “real” SR was only ~700 above where I started.

So again, if you’re really a diamond player you do not get stuck in silver.

1 Like

People that have been in gold multiple seasons don’t gain SR that fast, and they also don’t get that kind of win rate. Had you thrown to get to 2020 SR? How many games has that account played in Gold? Have you always played with your normal stats?

Normal SR gains are 24 according to the best guide I have found (below). If you’re getting 30-45 SR, I believe that means the system is in correction mode, or it has designated your account as one that belongs much higher, and is being given matches that will get you out of gold.

I don’t think any account that has thrown to derank, or any fresh account behaves in the same way as an account with 5+ seasons of being in the same rank. The matchmaker tracks both what skill it thinks you are, as well as how certain it is of that skill based upon the results of the matches it has put you in over time. On new accounts and thrower accounts, that certainty is wide, making it more willing to move your SR.

No. I was ill for about a month and was on some pretty strong pain meds. Opiates really mess with your reactions, decision making, aim etc. I dropped without throwing.

Anyway, the point was that by playing better than I had been recently, and consequently better than my enemies, I climbed very easily. The OP is apparently “sick of the ‘play better’ argument” but playing better sure is a great way to climb.

1 Like