Sick of the constant Paris toxicity

So here’s the story :

I was playing Competitive and I landed on Paris (in attack). Right from the start, someone from my team left the game to cancel the match.

I dared to say “please report the person that left on purpose. It’s toxic to leave a map one doesn’t like. A coward thing to do”.

Answers from people in that match :

“No, it’s not, I’m reporting you instead”

“Thank God someone left”

“I was about to leave anyway”

“This game is pure trash”

“Wtf do u know”

“Die”

“This game is dead and the map’s a dumpster”.

I just had time to justify myself by stating it’s disrespectful to the devs to boycott a map like this. I mean, they spent time working on it and we didn’t pay anything extra to access it.

I’m not creating a lot of rant posts but will our community ever grow up and accept the game the way it is ?

This constant bad attitude is really jeoparidizing the whole game and every player’s fun.

It’s ok to dislike a map but it’s unacceptable to do such things. People should stop blaming devs and start taking responsibility for their actions. There’s no one else to blame but themselves when it comes to toxicity and how it’s increasing every year a little bit more.

If people start to leave it’s only because people can’t behave and act like adults, period.

16 Likes

They’re right

But Horizon Lunar Hell is much worse than Paris period.

47 Likes

So if droves of people are willing to sacrifice their sr so they and 11 other people don’t have to play a map because they all dislike it so much and the common denominator is the map, then why do you think everyone else is the problem?

67 Likes

Wow… The answers on this post are appalling.

No wonder the game is in such a bad state when toxicity is cheered and common sense is laughed at.

ok, nvm… don’t mind me, carry on with toxicity promotion, I’m sure the game is gonna be just fine when everybody quits.

2 Likes

honestly it’s stupid that they reported you and I get that leaving is a bad thing, but it’s just that a lot of people really hate Paris, and considering no SR is lost I think a lot of people would rather wait in queue again than have to play on this map.

5 Likes

Disrespectful? No one wants it. Who cares that it was added for free or that they spent time working on it? They also spent time working on every form of power creep, especially in CC, in the game, and that’s not welcome, either. They designed something awful and forced it on us, just like with the power creep ruining the game’s balance. Damn right people should boycott it if they don’t like it. The devs need to be held accountable for changes that are ruining Overwatch.

Absolutely nothing in this world, including your ability to even play a video game, ever got created or fixed because people “just accept things the way they are.” Ever.

20 Likes

No you misunderstand this whole thing. Someone sacrifices themself when the match on paris starts out of courtesy for everyone else. If you read that wrong and think it’s toxic then its on you, and you’ve got your head screwed on backwards.

39 Likes

The map sure as hell sucks and I do understand their need to justify the player leaving.

however, they shouldn’t have been toxic. it’s an online game, toxicity is most likely going to stay in the game… too bad.

OP was the toxic one to begin with.

13 Likes

How was OP toxic to 'em?

2 Likes

Did the leaver say they were leaving specifically because of the map? If not, you may have jumped to a false conclusion. People may have reacted negatively to your call for reporting based on that assumption.

As for the rest of their comments, the Paris map has developed a bad reputation among the community, so dislike of the map isn’t surprising. It definitely needs some adjustments.

4 Likes

Brigading people to false report someone is toxic.

2 Likes

Asked everyone else in the match to report the sacrifice.:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Considering the game is against leaving matches maybe the report he encouraged as “toxic” is misleading but I’m sure it falls under another category.

I mean, I would thank the player however what if OP was dps and waited for so long and someone cancelled the match?

that’s sad.

1 Like

Just report and move on. Why do you need to get on the high horse about it too?

2 Likes

Disconnecting isn’t a reportable offense. Trying to get people to false report someone for doing something that isn’t reportable but is simply something OP doesn’t like is toxic.

5 Likes

Dude if he left before the match begain was his/her sr loss, not yours. Better someone that leave in that window of time instead after the match is goin on and there he ruin your team … no?

Sorry but this time I don’t see why you should report him/her.

3 Likes

Almost every Paris match gets cancelled now anyway, it happens to every other player in the match too idk why it matters what role they were playing.

4 Likes

How do you know if it’s disconnect or intentionally leaving? Either way, said person get punished by the system. :man_shrugging: And what OP did is not necessarily toxic. It’s misleading and false but not toxic.

I would be pissed off if someone left a comp match where i queued up as DPS and got a match after 30 minutes.

1 Like

Neither is a reportable offense.

Nope, it’s definitely toxic.

3 Likes