Sick and tired of this automated report system

Please take a look at this reporting system because I am sick and tired of getting banned from mass false reports.

3 Likes

banned for what?

3 Likes

This isn’t related to off-meta.

Then specify?
20char

Yup, happened to me twice already. One of the times I even flexed every game and got banned anyway since people didn’t agree with me for various terrible reasons. The point is that there is no verification of reports and anyone can report you for any reason and you will get banned eventually.

2 Likes

how?! i mean, my friend, i played 5000 games, literally
and i didnt even get a warning, yet alone a ban
 over 5000 games, thats YEARS!!
does that mean i’m doing something wrong, or you are?!
you played what? 200 games? if that

dont break the rules, you wont get banned, ez

3 Likes

There really isn’t any verification and when you submit a ticket, not only do you have to wait for the response but when you do get a response, it’s an automated response. I’ve maybe had one Game Master actually provide valuable feedback.

It’s not “basically throwing” because you can play whatever hero you want and those people who report people that are playing off-meta heroes just because they are off-meta, are submitting false reports. Like I said, this is not related to off-meta.

1 Like

Its not throwing whether you like to admit it or not.
Already been confirm by devs that not switching/playing certain heroes is not against the rules. The automatic system however doesn’t care neither does the support staff.
Some heroes are hated way more than others, Sym being the most hated.

If certain heroes are only allowed in very niche situations, it’s bad design and they should be disabled in comp.

1 Like

So what do you propose to replace the automation? They definitely won’t hire a team to deal with reports so

I have no idea but this whole false-reporting-automated-ban system is depressing.

The responses you get from tickets provide nothing as to what you did wrong so you can’t even fix the problem of what you were banned for, which leads to seeing customer support in a negative light of not caring about their customers or even actual ATVI investors who pour time and effor into the game.

1 Like

Yea I’ve never been banned before either. However if someone says they will ban me and it’s not for a valid reason I’d usually just reported them for abusing the reporting system. Nothing happened against the person but then again nothing happened against me either.
However only times I’ve received notifications of bannings that I reported people on were related to abusive chat. People may want to make sure they don’t say anything that can be considered abusive even as a joke.

They couldn’t manually check every report. They get way to many reports for this to be conceivable.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree.
Actually edited would rather not give them a reason, think you read it so

I agree it needs removed but can’t see a solution.

Then what is the issue as to providing us, the players, with feedback on what we did wrong in a response on a ticket instead of a copy-paste-dropdown selection?

Basically if you did nothing wrong, blizzard just hides your post and suspends your forum account so you can’t bring it up again.

If you did do something wrong then a dev will respond and publicly shame you for a PR stunt and everyone on reddit will celebrate in a “DADDY JEFF ROASTED ANOTHER TROLL” thread.

Censorship is the best way to keep a community alive. /s

1 Like

I was banned on my alt account as well for false reports. I play Symmetra in the Diamond rank with a 60% winrate (15 hours on her this season). I was even on my career high a few games before I was suspended. I don’t understand why this happens and nothing is being done :frowning:

Here is an example of what I have to deal with as a Symmetra player:

The text at the bottom of this screenshot was actually a scrolling text I had on my VODs basically saying that I was not throwing, being afk, etc. That I was only playing my favorite hero. And that I was recording this as evidence (not that it did anything to help me, they denied my appeal twice)

The full text read:

NOTICE: I am NOT: throwing, intentionally feeding, disrupting my teammates, spamming, being inactive, griefing or anything that can get me suspended. I am simply playing my favorite hero Symmetra and trying my very best to win. I am recording this as proof of no wrong doing because a lot of people online are being banned simply because people are reporting them for playing Symmetra which is NOT AGAINST THE RULES. I hope I wont ever have to defend myself against a suspension for just playing my favorite hero, but from now on I am going to record all my competitive matches, just in case this happens to me.

The suspension is now over, but this will forever be on my “record”. Even though I did nothing to deserve it.

2 Likes

And what do you think happened to that guy telling everyone to submit that false report? Pretty sure he is violating Gameplay Sabotage.

I can tell you what happened to that guy. Not a damn thing.

It’s sad. Really sad. This automated reporting system that not only gets people falsely banned but the customer support who just does not care.

2 Likes

It is throwing. Throwing does not have to be intentional, it’s still throwing.

1 Like

If you are getting MASS reported, that means you pissed off dozens if not hundreds of people.

You probably got what you deserved.

1 Like