Show PING option gone

I actually noticed some really weird engine glitches now:
I died two times when each time I was suddenly moved around by 1 meter + and game “stopping” for a split second, like a freeze, on my death.
This never happened before and I have a 100% stable 500 Mbps line at constant 24ms, there are no spikes or anything and I never had lag problems ever before.
This seems REALLY FISHY. I’d say chances are the engine has been “improved” and they’re trying not to tell us how exactly, for a reason.

1 Like

I don’t even see it during a match. I just had a game where a widow was killing me behind walls. I was so confused, I check my ping, and it’s not there. It cost us the game.

1 Like

Same here.

Since it’s been removed, I don’t feel safe playing competitive since I had to rely on my ping being at a good rate as having bad internet in Australia while playing Competitive is hard enough, without seeing the ping is going to be worse.

4 Likes

I LOVED the show ping option because my ping is usually at around 30 but can go into the 100-200 range at random. The latency option only shows 20 for me and never changes. Just put the ping option back Blizzard, please.

1 Like

LATENCY is a large word, especially when in all caps. can you rename it back to PING, or shorten it to LAT, so that it doesn’t take so much space on the bar. Pretty please!

2 Likes

Please refer to the following post for changes made to ping and RTT.

12 Likes

That wouldnt work. Ping has never worked in the menu.

I kind of want ping back, it was useful for knowing if your having lag. Be it blizzard’s ISP or ours.

1 Like

ping =/= RTT. It’s a shame Blizzard thinks one can replace the other. This is a huge problem for frame counting; there’s no reason to wholly replace the one-way ping reading. You wouldn’t replace the FPS counter with one which takes into account server ticks and other players’ frame rates.

8 Likes

my wifi is terrible and i actually test my ping in training or custom games to see if im able to go int quick play or arcade.

7 Likes

The difference between ping and RTT was very useful in diagnosing issues, especially when the RTT was spiking and the ping was stable. Please put it back in.

1 Like

yeah i cannot see the ping in game too , it needs to be fixed

1 Like

they need to bring the network options back.

They said that RTT is measured over 3 seconds and ping was measured over 15 seconds so if anything ping was just misleading you. You get more accurate info of the state of things from RTT.

A couple concerns

1. The overlay on the screen for this new merged latency counter is much more obtrusive than the old PNG: XX counter, and is almost distracting at times. Is there an option for us to make it a standard 3 letters and then displaying the value, and if not, can you add it?

2. Using my net graph(CTRL+SHIFT+N) still displays my ping as it was prior to this patch, meaning it’s still in the game so surely it’s still having to be calculated. What the heck is that, if not wasting resources like you said? Not an expert but the value is identical to my “old ping” and around 10 lower than my merged latency value is now.

4 Likes

Try training bots before joining a competitive game. You can see your latency there.

I usually got 40-50 ping, but the new latency option shows 70-90.

Blizzard please put it back to normal. like ping is on PING, and latency on LATENCY. It is annoying a lot of people.

1 Like

Half of your latency that is your ping approx. make sure you have display performance counters/stats turned on with show latency or else it wont appear in match

not really… latency is ping