Should D.Va get a 20% damage reduction as a new passive for her Mech?

[Laughts in Hammond].

Anyway, just give D.Va 300hp/300armor or 200hp/400armor…

3 Likes

Maybe have it while she’s flying forward.

The Armor change is kind of a Double edge sword.

On one hand, any damage above 25 is reduced more than current armor math.
I.e. Widow headshot does 240 damage, instead of 295.

On the other hand, Tracer/Reaper damage is increased by 30%.

I usually include it as a mostly Nerf to Rein/Orisa in my “AnchorTanks should be vulnerable at close range”

Like I said, maybe I’m biased, but I enjoy playing with Dive tanks and typically those matches go well.

I’d certainly rather have a Dva on the team then a Hog.

1 Like

I can understand if this is the case for higher ranks, but lower down/in QP I’d rather take the Hog. QP D.Vas are massive healing sinks while Hogs, whatever else you might say about then, are largely self-sufficient.

So let me get this straight:
You want to give the tank that has the BEST absorption skill (eats ultimates) that is only countered by beams, also good mobility with boosters, can hide HS hitbox by looking to the side … 20% damage reduction ON TOP of the armor?

DId you actually live when she had 400 armor and 200 hp? It was BUSTED AS HELL … literally took 3 heroes going full nuts DPS to down her when she had a pocket, impossible if she had natural cover too.

Hell no.
DM is already busted, you should NOT make her easier under ANY circumstances.

I’m in mediocre ranks and 90% of my playtime is QP.

Fortunately my main can get by with very little healing, so Dva grabbing a bit more doesn’t bug me. Plus I tend to make more packs then most Sombra’s I run into, so maybe that factors in.

Take away her Crit box. Make her an anti-sniper tank.

4 Likes

I never understood why the Devs just refuse to change her health to 200 and 400 armor again.

She can’t have anything nice, can she?

5 Likes

If she does 0 damage, there won’t be anybody asking for more D.Va nerfs. It would be a worthwhile nerf to consider.

No

1 Like

Damage reduction as a passive sounds very OP, just revert the Goats nerf, and maybe buff Winston so the duo can make a comeback after 3 years

2 Likes

Damage reduction from all damages would be broken. Imagine a Flying Bastion in Turret mode (not the same analogy, just for the damage resistance), coupled with her mobility would be too hard to kill. Something they could give her is damage reduction on Critical hits, as her critbox is easy to hit and she always exposes it when attacking (Other tanks also expose it, but they all have one way to defend it while attacking, except for D.va)

But let’s look at the job she’s supposed to do, and why she fails.

-She works best with Dive, but with a shorter DM range, she’s not fully capable of protecting her fellow teammates in time, because she takes a while to get to the action. When she Dives, she has to commit to the push until her Booster CD is over. Increasing her range allows her to be effective a little further away, making it easier to escape or save others.

-When diving, she’s susceptible to ALL forms of Knockback. Add back some resistance when Boosting or shooting (after all, how can you knock a SUPER HEAVY MEKA THAT’S FLYING AT YOU LIKE A TENNIS BALL?).

i kinda just wanna just revert her DM back to 15 meter

its pretty garbage now, dm hitbox are so small

3 Likes

I never understood the thought process of changes like this. She is not a bulky front line tank. If you want one of those there are perfectly good front line tanks to play. DVA is a dive tank. She is not very good at that role, but it is what she is. There is no reason to completely change around how to play her into a playstyle that already exists in other heroes.

I want that 15m back as well. I’m just afraid of what will happen in like OWL if she were to get it back because she also had the recharge rate buffs. If she were to get the 15m back she would straight up be stronger than pre-GOATS. OWL pick rates were enough to ruin her for over a year and I don’t want her getting completely trashed over OWL again.

eh pre goats make her strong because u have other 2 tanks with her

with only 2 tanks allowed now i think she will be fine…

1 Like

Please no. Just revert some of the GOATS nerfs. It’s like people forget she had almost a 100% OWL pickrate, was great on ladder for most ranks, and was meta for like 2+ years. She was BUSTED at one point, and she could easily be busted again. So revert SOME of the nerfs so she’s not OP, and then she should be viable.

Take in mind before anything Armor is especially impactful in close range.
D.va uses her matrix to get close so the only things she has to fight against are close range heroes.
So extra armor will be really good overall, the only heroes that might be strong against it are Junkrat,Genji,Doomfist,Torbjorn,Reinhardt & Sigma.
And most of them except for maybe junkrat and maybe maybe torbjorn are fine to be strong against. So I don’t see any problem with the extra armor.

Oh, I’m not talking 20% damage resistance, in addition to the current armor math.

I’m talking replacing the current armor math with a 20% damage resistance.

Which would mean Attacks like Reaper/Tracer/Dva/Sombra/Hammond, would only get reduced by 20%, instead of 50%.

Which it seems like you thought I meant those would get reduced by 60%.

1 Like