-
-
-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: TwitchOverwatch LeagueESPN3

well we saw geguri in the audience so at least shes here

if there will be new teams maybe they will pick up some players that have potential but are benched like Geg

There will be no new teams for the 2020 season due to the home game transition. They are planning for expansions in 2021 though.

I’m pretty confident Aspen could replace Kellex at least

I’d assume it treats EMP as a debuff, like Anti, so being mid-Fade just cleanses it

Yep that was great play.

Boston are one of the weakest teams lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

yea, i know they said that - but maybe situation will be different

nobody expected that they will ruin OWWC so hard in just one decision, so they can change if its about OWL teams number

I’m just looking forward to 2021, when Win98 will be eligible. I want to see “Winigami” in OWL

I would just like to see any South American players make it to the league.

2 Likes

sadly there are a lot of regions that dont have any teams or players

Agreed and let’s be honest. It’s the bloody franchise fee that is really holding back the full potential of Overwatch League. There could be so many more good international teams but there is just no funding for the $30 million price tag.

1 Like

South America just doesn’t seem to have a ton of players. Similar to how other FPS aren’t really popular in Asia so it’s rare to see them outside of OW.

oh yea i 100000% agree
but sadly (again) OWWC example shows that blizz is going the other way ://///////////////////////////

One problem behind this is that South America has always struggled with maintaining a stable internet infrastructure for Overwatch in general.

1 Like

True. I can only think of 3 Middle Eastern players across OWL or Contenders, and 2 of them are Israeli (Eqo and Kaffeeeee). Only Ksaa comes to mind otherwise and he literally made his debut earlier this week

1 Like

and blizz made it almost impossible for teams to qualify to OWWC where they (potential players) could shine

Don’t get me wrong, but I see the world cup as more of a joke in comparison to Overwatch League. I mean look at the South Korean roster… they are…

It will take a miracle to South Korea to not win OWWC for the fourth year in a row.

One other problem for SA is that Brazil (Portuguese speaking) makes up half of the pro scene, whilst the rest are all Spanish speaking