Shanghai Dragons vs. Seoul Dynasty - FINAL

Shanghai coach BlueHas actually said something about her the other day I’ll go find it

Geguri is skilled for sure but her hero pool is bad. I’m not surprised she’s on the bench.

From what was stated in the interview any games that use the standard rule set should be set to run a role lock. However with Practice vs. AI being the least populated game mode of the game, I would not say for sure. (It is currently disabled on the PTR.)

1 Like

Sadly this is the truth. Quite literally becoming the Danica Patrick of esports.

Ouch lol. Yeah Danica was bad.

We’ve seen Shanghai on Ilios, they should have this

She was know for her Zarya back then before she became pro. Then she also got good with D.Va and whenever I see her in live streamer game matches. She is always D.Va but I thought she was just using D.Va to keep practicing for OWL matches later.

I want to see her on the Zarya in OWL stages but she never does it.

Zarya is not a very optimal hero so far since the rule change and Envy plays a comparable D.Va and has a large hero pool.

Statistically she’s in the high mid tier for dvas in the league but unless you’re playing a map/strat where you’ll never need to swap off Dva/Zarya she’ll have a hard time starting.

Envy has a very good Roadhog so that’s probably why he’s being played over her.

Here’s what BlueHaS had to say about Geguri:

With regards to Stage 1-3 -

I would not like the fans to think that Geguri is not playing because of her skill. That is not true at all. The reason why she is not finding any playtime is because our team as a whole has a very aggressive style, meaning we often chose not to run an off-tank, a role she specializes in. As a result, that is mainly the reason she was not able to get that much play time.

With regards to Stage 4 -

While it is my personal hope that she gets a lot of playtime, again it’s ultimately dependant on her performance. If she performs well, then she will definitely be able to get playtime, but nothing is set in stone.

2 Likes

What did I missed? ^^"

OWL shows that 2-2-2 works without forcing it through the game. And OWL is actualy the only reason why people are bored of goats. I actualy never encountered any serious goats in casual games. For me, there is no advantage of forcing 2-2-2 - except nicer OWL matches to watch but that’s all.

Thanks for posting, shame this is what happens to the only female player in OWL. Geguri is still QUEEN.

Luffy showing Moira is actually high IQ

1 Like

im buying the shanghai moira skin later

I think that’s the first time I’ve actually seen someone use Fade to avoid EMP in OWL, great heads up play from Luffy

1 Like

Yeah, I am surprised that the reaction time is long enough to use fade after EMP has been announced. But I guess you need the response time of an Jet Figher Pilot - or an OWL player for this stunt. ^^"

i didnt even know you could dodge emp with fade and im a moira main. guess i gotta start working on improving that strat

I’d have to watch the replay but I think he was looking for translocator and saw it

If I had to make a bold prediction, Geguri will likely be released from the Dragons roster when they are eliminated from the post-season. She will go back to Korea and either commit to full-time streaming or try to work back up the pro ladder through a Korea Contenders team. Dare I say, Aspen has a better chance of making it to a 2020 OWL team than she does.

Aspen is support. She would be played a lot due to that reason.