Shanghai Dragons vs. Seoul Dynasty - FINAL

i guess this is also a reason why there arent any japanese players/teams in the league

I get that, part of why Asia doesn’t have much of a foothold in FPS is because home PC gaming has/was been more niche historically which is the roots of competitive FPS.

Dw fam, Team Ireland are just going to bring the black stuff and get all of SK drunk at BlizzCon

1 Like

well i know teams like Kora are stacked… what i care about is that rules are equal for all

and that as many teams can attend as possible … now only those who have money can

Yeah, Japan’s most dominant genre is fighting games due to arcade culture. Though there’s a couple talented Siege teams made up of mostly airsoft otaku.

Youngjin is basically Saitama at this point

What’s the actual reason for that ridiculous price tag? I mean it’s not like you can make a gazillions of money with that kind of (artificial) league.

I also wonder where all the japanese pro players are. They still count as best videogame players in the world, not only at Beat 'em Ups. Japan is also a rich country so where is the “Tokyo Drifters” Team or so? :thinking:

As much as it looks like Shanghai is getting rolled at times they’re managing to pull it together. What a weird game.

PC gaming is very niche/expensive in Japan.

Really? Hmm. Are consoles that cheap over there compared to western countries? And they actualy have a ton of PC (dating sims)games …I’ve heared… :sweat_smile:

yes it is… wondering why … my PC run Overwatch and its worth is like 4 beers and a chewing gum

oh yea speaking of beer :beer: cheers… or i should say KAMPAIIIIII :smiley:

1 Like

Well visual novels and such aren’t very resource intensive so you can play them on a cheap work computer. In Japan historically PCs have been mostly seen as work devices and consoles for games. It’s becoming less niche over time but the “PC gaming” community is very small compared to other regions.

Its more about economics. Between Sony and Nintendo they dominate the Japanese scene just because they control most of the video game sector in that country. Also Japanese culture is more shifted toward arcades anyways.

I would point out that Team Japan is quite formidable, but not quite to the level of Korea still.

Interesting. So, they really missed ALOT over there in case of PC gaming glory. ^^"
And I’m sure they would like Overwatch, Hanzo and Genji alone are cool dudes! And doomfist plays like a 3D Beat 'em Up! :sunglasses:

That and even owning consoles in Japan is considered a luxury. Its why the arcade industry is still very huge in Japan. Bandai Namco’s Amusement (arcades and theme parks) SBU is about the same size of that of their Entertainment (video games, manga, anime) AND their toys SBU (figures, models, toys) combined.

i just bought more RAM… it was cheap as dirt … wondering why :jp: is sooo specific … island countries

I would love to visit a real Arcade, but that kind of amusement hall is not existant here in germany due restrict youth protection laws. We never were able to develop an Arcade culture since these machines are treated like gambling machines. :sleepy:

Okay, I’m looking at the Stage 4 schedule…I think there’s a reasonable chance Seoul goes 2-5, 1-6, or even 0-7. Here’s who they play:

SF = 1-3 LOSS
Shanghai = 0-2 (@ HT)
LAV
GZ
Toronto (easiest match)
Shanghai (again)
Philly

If Seoul goes 0-7, they may just miss out on play-ins, let alone top 6

I’m not so sure about that, Wyoming. They were good last year, but JUPITER are a team in complete freefall, I expect it to instead be an almost entirely new 7 this year, coming from Green Leaves instead

After Map 2

-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: TwitchOverwatch LeagueESPN3