Shanghai Dragons vs. Florida Mayhem - FINAL

I see you don’t believe in using the right tool for the job.

You don’t use a screwdriver as a chisel; it will break, it won’t do a good job.

Florida will melt Fleta cheese. :cheese:

It’s still a bit of a stretch and a spin off their own design decisions.

Do you really believe the man designed from day one to hold up a giant rectangle shield wasn’t intended to be a “main tank” versus other tanks who have more mobility or damage?

1 Like

“No matter what B.O.B. does, he does it well dressed.” - Scott Mercer

1 Like

Yeah. I think maybe they didn’t come up with those terms, but there’s some clear mmo inspiration in some of their designs and those concepts are pretty commom in that genre.

Reinhardt and Zarya especially seem like they were always supposed to be in that direction.

I think they called them anchor tanks before…

OGE looks so tired and frustrated

We’re free!

My bracket is saved!

Go to bed!

:sleeping_bed:

1 Like

He’s a hero then, because we need more King’s Row and less Paris and Havana.

Yay, a quick 3-0! We can go to bed happy :grin:

1 Like

FINALLY! THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER!

FINAL

Oasis (Control): Shanghai Dragons 2, Florida Mayhem 0

Hanamura (Assault): Shanghai Dragons 1, Florida Mayhem 0

King’s Row (Hybrid): Shanghai Dragons 2, Florida Mayhem 1

FINAL SCORE: Shanghai Dragons 3, Florida Mayhem 0

SHANGHAI DRAGONS WIN!

The Shanghai Dragons move on to the May Melee Grand Finals, while the Florida Mayhem walk away with a bonus League Point and a small sum of cash.

I like Havana tbf.
Comps I like are better on kings row, but Havana is a pretty and tactically interesting map.

1 Like

Unfortunate for the 3-0, Florida got freaking recked!

Final Score

-
-
Victory!
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

Yeah, Havana is diverse between each point. Like Gibraltar.

1 Like

THAT’S IT FOR NOW! The Grand Finals of the May Melee will kick off TOMORROW at 9pm Eastern (6pm Pacific). If for some reason you fell asleep during this marathon broadcast, an Encore presentation will be airing starting at 12:30pm Eastern (9:30am Pacific). We’ll see you then!

As my final duty as acting OWL superfan, I order every one of you to bed. I will join you all in Dreamland momentarily.

It’s pretty, but much sniper playground, and on console, particularly QP, tanks are just ball, Dva, and Hog. Trilly brains = 'sploded.

1 Like

I feel like Havana tests how well players know the game.
Like, how heroes relate and excel in different environments.

Whereas kings row is more like… an additional team member. The map itself helps you defend or gives you avenues to attack.

Main, anchor, whatever you call them I thought it was a lame cop out from Mercer saying they didn’t intend for these subset of tanks to develop. They aren’t that dumb, and they knew the designs would go that way especially when they enforced 2-2-2.

Wait… not yet… here is my debt fulfilled…

4 Likes