Shameless 40€ scam

I am as disgusted by the Watchpoint Pack as the next guy, but you sound unbelievably entitled.

2 Likes

You deserve more likes, but I can only push the heart once.

1 Like

My reasoning was that the high price was an active deterrent for the high PC population.

Cross play has been around for a while, but not cross-progression. They likely still want more recent data.

That’s exactly my issue.
I know it’s not just OW1/2.
That’s what my issue is. Because I already own OW1 and OW2 is free.
I want to buy the watchpoint pass without OW1, because I already own it.
I would be ready to pay 20-30 bucks for it.

9 Likes

and I agree with you here, I would love it, and its what is stopping me as well
but I know what I am paying for if I bought it.

I think I can explain why the phone number requirement exists.
Since Overwatch 2’s PvP environment will be free to download, you will be able to make many burner accounts as a game hacker. This is a method, of many, to prevent a large wave of people who will cheat to come in.

They have this same requirement to get the rank top 500.

Of ourse, me too.
I am complaining about the price or that it is a scam. I am complaining that there is no cheaper version without OW1 in it

4 Likes

and that I am agreeing with you on. what I am sick of is everyone else (Not you) complaining that its 40 bucks for beta access, when anyone with simple reading skills knows its not

1 Like

yes i know that and that’s why i mentioned that i’ve had this account for a long time and whatnot

Will you be doing the content creator sign up thing again? That was cool

Considering that, I think it will require you to add your phone number to your account.
I understand that some do not want to do this, but logically I think you will have to do so.

This is speculation, so take it with a grain of salt.

You’re not paying for OW1. Battle pass: $10. 2000 currency: $20. Two skins: $10. That’s $40 right there. Of course, these numbers are speculation, but it’s what things have cost and do cost. Unless you think they’re going to charge less than what the competition is charging?

After this, the next event where you can play will be the October launch.

Capitalising on beta access, another low from Blizzard. And lets just sprinkle in “the founder’s pack”, capitalising on squeezing some money out of people just before the game goes F2P.

2 Likes

Hey now, the founder’s pack is free!

Ignore the fact that it only has two ugly epic skins, an icon, and…

What was it?

Oh, unannounced something or other that was probably forgotten.

Sweet.

1 Like

Cross progression won’t be in any beta. It will be in October at launch.

Clown Sombra is kinda funny tho.

Dude it’s a Hard Drive headline in real life.

This is even if there is a way to get beta through twitch, the following below still applies:

This may seem kind of biased having 5.5m healing done and 2.8m damage taken in ow2’s first beta. Even if I don’t receive the beta invite in time or at all for the second round, PLEASE let the people who rollout the beta know that they need to allow those who have have significant (30-50+ hours) time playing support on the initial ow2 beta OR in ow1 the ability to get priority into beta. Either that just give people with significant support playtime access unrestricted and have the normal roll out for everyone else. I would imagine people that have accounts that have support playtime are willing to switch support and can play somewhat well, even if they are only queueing because the dps/tank queues are 10 minutes.

Otherwise its going to be a lot of the same as the first beta rollout. I 100% wouldn’t have played nearly as much if I had to wait 5-10 minutes for a match like dps and tanks for a match that may or not have been a complete steamroll.

Yes I would be.

Is included with OW1 already

We don’t know how much it is.

Maybe, yeah.

3 Likes