Servers keep crashing (Season 11) *Battle.net problem?

Servers keep crashing. About every third match throws me out of the match, where the game punishes me by giving me a penalty. Season 11.

OW2-DISCONNECTIN-PROBLEM

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxv-UiwTdME&list=PL3a-tVgkB1D5dOBU3U7VT2hCudjGCUUh6&index=10&t=443s]

Overwatch 2 game has a very serious disconnection issue that causes a momentary exit from the match. The worst thing about this is that it punishes the exiting player easily, as there is no way to re-enter the match. This is due to the fact that the replacement player immediately replaces the one who left, even if the absence lasts only seconds. In the video, go directly to 7:30, where the disconnection problems start. The video contains evidence of my original gameplay, which can also be viewed with the game’s own replay code: D2YG92

41 Likes

The last three nights that we have played, we have experienced MASSIVE server lag. In one of the games, it dropped one of us from the game with a “server has closed due to an unexpected error” but it kept that person in the group, so they were stuck in the main menu screen still in the group while we continued to play a 3 v 3 (others had been booted from the server, too). Just now we played a game and experienced MASSIVE server lag in the middle of a critical point in play, which objectively caused us to lose the game. Even the other team was apologizing. We are losing SR due to the server issues and have yet to see any messaging come out from Blizzard about the known issues that MANY are now reporting. Ugh!

7 Likes

Same problem, even after an update…can we play?

3 Likes

Very many people experience various performance issues after the season update, reminds me of business-ruining scale Windows updates in the past…what a coincidence that Blizzard is now Microsoft owned.

5 Likes

The Battle.net app crashes, logging me out, and then restarts from time to time. This happens when I’m on Windows, or I’m playing Overwatch 2, when I get kicked out of a match because of this problem. It could be that there is something wrong with my internet connection, but I still doubt this, the problem is probably in the Battle.net application.

5 Likes

totally the same. I tried to analyze the app but nothing, after 10 minutes same error message. My internet is very good and i think is not a connection problem (100%). Some corrupted files in the patch maybe?

8 Likes

Can’t play matches without crashing, really frustrating… This bug seems to bring down the entire network momentarily, so time to try some other online game that isn’t under Battle.net. If the same doesn’t happen, for example, in some other games on Steam, then the fault must be in Battle.net and its games.

4 Likes

Had this issue twice tonight.

2 Likes

Same, i wonder if blizzard has fixed it yet. I havent been on ow in a few days. :sob:

2 Likes

I have literally same problem guys… I get dc and sometimes it lasts 3sec and it looks like i’m just afk in match but with title screen and then i can play from the place i got kicked out. Sometimes when i dc i have to put email or log in and password to login and then i can rejoin match, sometimes when i dc i’m in the menu ( you know where are all tabs ) and automaticaly game rejoin ( i don’t have to click it ) and it look’s like i’d just got into the match cause i have to pick hero again and of course it resets my ultimate so yeah… i run 1gb internet i have 38/39 ping when i play, i have brand new pc, i changed anti virus to “overwatch” friendly and i reset my IP and flush DNS before every game and reset my router and plug it out… oh and i forgot i have such problems ONLY playing overwatch, when i played diablo or wow i didn’t have problems like that or any other game

4 Likes

Luckily, sometimes I can play several games in a row without any problems. But not so luckily, when next time I start the game, the connection might lost and I immediately get banned for two hours. Luckily I only play Quick Play.

4 Likes

This game for me is competly unplayable in every game mode. Like i mentioned i know i repeat my self but i reset everything i can and nothing helps… btw i can’t even play practice range cause of “lost connection” xDDD. I’m curious how will i lvlup my battlepass.

3 Likes

I think if you get penalty, you can play Custom games, that’s something…

3 Likes

had the same issue 5-6 times already in a week or so. Just some random crashes in middle of the game

2 Likes

few times in a week you’re lucky XD i literally have crash every single game i swear and ofc i get penalties so i’m not even trying to play rankeds and i can’t even finish battle pass. Cool experience blizzard :wink:

5 Likes

I havent been able to play but maybe 3 or 4 games since season 11 and i used to play every night. Of course i am penalized for it. I have been spawned without a weapon or told over and over that i am not signed into my xbox account (i am and dont have an issue on any other game) or that i have lost connection while internet speed is great. I am dropped from nearly every game i try to play after it starts the glitchy transporting me around the map. Garbage lmao.

2 Likes

Same problem very frustrating

2 Likes

Since June 21st/22nd I haven’t been able to log in at all I get the error lc-208.001 on console, when I log in on pc unexpected server error. I’ve contacted blizzard support on bnet and twitter and I’m pretty sure blizzard is ignoring me on twitter now, on bnet I had to file multiple tickets (at one point they said it was a voice chat issue) and the latest one said please be patient and we’ll update you when we get info. My alt accounts work just fine. I’m not banned or suspended and I’ve tried literally everything. I hope they get this fixed because it’s frustrating that bought the battle pass and I can’t even level it up

3 Likes

Think we need to bump this up more

5 Likes

Just when we would have won the match, a DC error occurs. Whenever this issue occurs, the game logs me out and I don’t even get a chance to get back into the match. This happens so often these days that I always get a two hour penalty from the game. Also my endorsement level just dropped from five to four because of this. Very frustrating. Already reported on this several times.

5 Likes