"Server Closed Due to An Unexpected Error" in Competitive

I don’t know how many times it will take so again
Don’t play competitive UNTIL Blizzard posts about it being fixed.
Can a blizz representative tell these people to stop playing D:

Same exact thing happened to me 10 minute break… I screen shot that incident too

I’m pretty sure this will be ignored. I lost 50 cp from getting boot out too. What a great game BLITURD.

So calling people names that are trying to help the issue will solve it? I doubt it will be ignored seeing as that would leave a sizable percentage of people unable to play Competitive. Things take time. Chill out.

For Real @DragonFox I even played one more game and my buddy got booted and cause us to loose i actually just want back my SR i lost man

nice work on the game btw!

I think the server issues aren’t just for comp anymore, I’ve been getting strange things in my arcade games too. Like swapping to the enemy team mid game… went from the winning team, turned it around, and then was swapped to the original team. So I lost :frowning:

Please give back sr , this just happened to me to . Sad part is i got in at the end and team still won lol.

I just had this happen to me on console, rather aggravating but at least it was the last game for the night

Yeah, lost 50 sr and banned for 8 more min. We’re not going to get our sr back. Shame on Blizzard for this situation. All I want to do is play but I encounter this or racists or people jumping to their deaths the entire game. I don’t see it changing any time soon.

Edit: Called it. No SR back. Whatever. Back to the grind I guess.

Looks like this has been mentioned already, but maybe take a break from playing for a bit on comp mode till they post this is fixed or they are asking for retesting. I know you might not like hearing it, but maybe go play QM or Arcade for a bit till they find what what needs to be done.

I’ve said that like 4 times haha nobody listens X)

FYI, this also happens in custom games when competitive game mode is selected.
This happened to me earlier today in comp and then later on mid scrim. One of the players in the team lags out, then it forces both teams back to menu after a “server closed due to unexpected error” message.

Could someone link actual official ‘no recompense if Blizzard penalizes players by mistake’ page/post please? Several have claimed if Blizzard bans and/or otherwise penalizes a player due to a mistake on Blizzard’s part, in this case specifically a Blizzard server error disconnecting a player, Blizzard refuses to fix the damage, be it reputation, comp rank, or play time, or some combination thereof. I would appreciate more than anecdotal claims as such if it exists, please.

I should mention this happened in QP and I have a screen shot of in-game chat still working after I was kicked. This suggests it was NOT my internet. That I was still in some fashion connected to the game even though I could no longer play and was stuck, unable to do anything but exit the client.

I was told in live chat because when YOU disconnect from a game, it affects other players, suspensions and SR lost cannot be removed/refunded. Regardless of why you disconnected, it still affects other players.

This is BS … we should get SR back. This isnt a user issue. It’s a game issue!

“you: And of course no SR will be refunded, and the suspensions people receive cannot be removed correct?
Mirdrellos: Im hoping with so many reports they’ll be able to do something for the entire playerbase - but it’s not something we can individually alter, no =(”
As it appears it may be possible that some lootboxes will be given or those affected might get a certain amount os SR or # of suspensions removed, but no guarantee. That is from Live chat just a few minutes ago.

I was in a competition game and taken back to the title screen and a message that said “server closed due to unexpected error.” The Play selection was replaced with Rejoin Match and I selected it and started to get back into the game. The game then ended due to a leaver and I ended up being suspended for 10 min and lost 50 SR and an endorsement level. I think it would be very beneficial to the community if game logs could be checked and SR/endorsement level could be given back if the “server closed error” impacted anyone this weekend…

My wife is playing on the ps4 and she is not being paired with any enemy teams at all, she has had multiple games like this. Im on PC was playing comp and servers kicked me out. Had to restart the game to be able to rejoin. Won the game. However my rank dropped 65 SR now 2460 was 2515 and my endorsement fell. Not fair when my internet is connecting well and I get penalized when it is a server issue and many people are reporting it and server tracker can back my statement. Want to know if my SR can be restored where it was since it was not my fault. (Beginer in playing on PC)

THREE TIMES this has happened to me. You really need to start fixing the problem AND refunding the players affected. This is ridiculous.