Serious hit detection issues

Shooting an enemy close range ,multiple times and there being hit effects ( blood etc ) but no damage, no hit detection.
I got 1000 mbps network, super high quality connection and stuff, so IM PRETTY SURE its not my network.

5 Likes

Itā€™s the Ghost of Overwatch 2 :ghost: :ghost:

2 Likes

Yeah, if ow2 is gon be broken still then it might as well just stay a ghost lol.

Bandwidth is generally not a factor. What matters is the routing between your computer and the server. You can have the highest quality internet connection in the world but still be affected by routing issues somewhere along the way.

What youā€™re describing is a client misprediction. If you see things like blood, it means your side (client) detected the hit, but the server disagreed or the information was lost when routing to the server. This would be a networking issue.

1 Like

loads of servers have gone offline as they work on ow2 and the ow1 playerbase shrinks. The effect is that thereā€™s loads of BS stuff happening the past year or two and itā€™ll just get worse. Itā€™s not your internet, your shots will get deleted, hog will hook through walls etc. Itā€™s just the servers becoming fewer/further away and worse netcoding xo

1 Like

I feel like Iā€™ve been getting this the last week. Or just slight rubber banding and doubleshooting.

2 Likes

Actually yeah,the part with hog hooking through walls recentlyā€¦ There is something going on with the serversā€¦
Maybe they switched back to 30 hz or something.

1 Like

Well blizz has always said itā€™s not their servers, itā€™s always our side.

There is a pretty vast network between the server and the client. ā€œItā€™s not an issue on my endā€ doesnā€™t always mean ā€œItā€™s an issue on your end.ā€ Network routing can be quite complex.

Also generally speaking, the game works fine for millions of people. So if 0.1% of people have a consistent issue, it generally indicates the issue isnā€™t, in fact, at their end.

1 Like

I think it is your network or a faulty modem. Speed isnt everything, it needs to be stable at the first place. Its very difficult to get a good internet connection in these days, your best bet is probly some small company that values their customers. ALso it is very difficult to troubleshoot this issue for most of people. You always need to know and tell them what EXACTLY is wrong for them to fix that because they wont tell you anything.

Nah, I posted a video a while back from Surefours stream where he not only direct hit a soldier missile on Ana and she took zero damage and his teammate that was boosting his damage even went ā€œWTF!ā€ But he also landed a pulse grenade on a soldier and the soldier took no damage too.

Iā€™ve had these problems too. Like exploding Ashes dynamite in the middle of 4 people and them taking no damage and not burning and people saying it was weird.

Hit registration is pretty bad.

1 Like

I never had this issue on Overwatch and I play it like 3-4 years almost every day. May differ by regions I guess.

1 Like

Cool, good for you. Iā€™ve played since closed beta, and am in texas soā€¦

I have ā€˜highest quality internet connectionā€™ in the world and I live almost next door to place where our local OW servers are hosted (Compared to average player lol).

Funny server-side problems still occur, I would guess this is mainly due to server overload.

If itā€™s registering on your screen, but not on the server, then yes, it is a network issue. And most likely on your side, since you are one of the very few that are experiencing something like this.

Iā€™ve played on very bad computers, and actually shot and killed someone on my screen, only to have the server recognize that my shot was never even fired, and instead I died.

Everything has been working well on console. Always does, though. Might not help you now, but I recommend it if you want technical consistency.

Thatā€™s cap, not everything on console has been working, you donā€™t speak for everyone, console is having their fare share of issues, from server issues to overall performance of the game, since patch there has been character skin clippings, servers closing due to unexpected error more than usual, hit detection issues, and the list goes on and on, hands down just because it isnā€™t happening to you personally, doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t happening in general

Sorry to hear that. Just hasnā€™t been my experience. One of the reasons I prefer console is that it just works, especially with this game. Iā€™m on PSN in case that makes a difference.

Im 41 latency to the nearest server and I have 100 DOWN, 25 up. There really shouldnā€™t be any reason for this hit detection issue either. But after the June of 2021 update they did. Playing Hitscan is TERRIBLE.

Just canā€™t say alot for this game. But since they are announcing they are going to do PlayVS. They better FIX IT FAST!

Thats around the time cross play came out and hands down that when a huge majority of the issues started to appear, sadly dev donā€™t have a resolution for the issue let alone actually doing anything towards improving them either

1 Like