Serious FPS drops after Winter Wonderland patch?

got a new computer for black friday, 8700k 16gb3200mhz ram, gtx1070

lost out on over 100 fps…went from 300 to 170, sometimes as low as 150

why in the world would I want to play overwatch under these conditions ROFL

1 Like

Same here… huge drop and stuttering ://

1 Like

Yeah I went from 250-300fps to 100 with this patch. Had to turn on vsync for the tear/stutter. urgh it’s almost unplayable.

1 Like

Supposedly. Enabling Windows Spatial Sound from the sound device settings on Windows does the trick. Haven’t tried it yet. Success rate TBD.

My computer usually runs at 240 FPS with ultra graphics turned on. But now, I’m not even getting 10 FPS and I have the lowest possible settings and reduced buffering plus vsync. This has just started happening due to this update and it’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

Don’t bother, it won’t doesn’t help anything.

2 Likes

That drop sounds like a far bigger issue than what is being reported after the update.

Are the rest of your games running alright?

1 Like

It’s related to the spatial audio ‘feature’ they added in… Something that was completely unnecessary. Devs are ignoring the forums though. Otherwise this would have been looked into already.

2 Likes

On my PC is disabled so…
i7700 with 1080

1 Like

I lost about 20 FPS, which is pretty significant given that I usually have a stable 60 FPS.

2 Likes

Well keep complaining about it. The devs need to take this seriously.

1 Like

Amazing - Blizzard has done it again! How can they let this go live? Negligence. That’s the word.

Lost around 100 fps.

8700k at 5.2ghz, 1080ti, Ram at 3200, previously pinned at around 300, and dip to 270 at worst in big team fights, now 100 less.

2 Likes

Uhm, this worked for me…!

But it makes the sound strange, a bit tinny. Tried both with and without 7.1.

So have turned spatial back off.

2 Likes

How do you pick which Oasis map you get? I can’t seem to find the option in Custom Games.

Also, why do you pick 12 Zarya’s? Is that the mostly graphically intense? Thanks.

1 Like

12 Zarya’s is what I’ve found to be the most graphically intense, yeah. And to choose what point to use you go into settings > modes > control >limit valid control points and third for example if you want only point 3.

2 Likes

I was having this issue too but a nice poster named meep told me I need to turn spatial audio ON in windows settings. Now I’m pushing 300 FPS on winter maps which is even better than it was before…

Thread here:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s just overwatch that isn’t running correctly

1 Like

same i used to get 50-60 fps now i got 20-30

For some random reason Nvidia driver set my Vsync ON for ONLY Overwatch (but not inside the game). So you have to go to nVidia control panel - Manage 3D settings - Click the Program Settings tab - Chose Overwatch - Scroll down to VSYNC and disable it.

Somehow gave me “adaptive sync” where I got max 165 fps (as screen hz) and it dropped to 100 fps many times. Now that it’s off, its dropping from 300 fps to 150 instead, but that I can live with.

This helped for me.

Same here, went frrom like 140-150 to 40-50… its really hard to play, on beggining of the match its normal but during fights its even less than 40… please fix this…