Season 9 Crashing on Nintendo Switch

I can’t even play a single game without the game crashing! I’m on Nintendo Switch. Season 9 is so bugged and broken i can’t even play it :frowning: My endorsement level is going down because I keep crashing mid game.

54 Likes

Same. I played 3 games and got a “software error”, out of 2 of those games. Frustrating part aside from my endorsements going down, I was winning and popping off in two of those games that closed on me.

14 Likes

omg mine’s doing this too!!! so frustrating :((

10 Likes

me too :frowning: i’ve gotten suspended from unranked play due to software error twice now on switch

14 Likes

I just got suspended too and my endorsement is going down :frowning:

10 Likes

I’ve had the exact same issue. I can get through 80% of a game and then boom System error it is so frustrating.

9 Likes

YEAAHHHH, and then I got banned from competitive play for an hour, after playing and getting bottled from 2 games. That was my first 30 minutes playing this season today. Sucked, I’m nervous to even play the game rn, idk what kinda punishment will happen if I get booted out of competitive stuff more

10 Likes

same thing is happening to me :frowning: tried playing comp and i crashed which i felt so bad for, even though it wasnt my fault. i joined back (i was teamed up with friends) and after 5 minutes i crashed again. hoping this gets fixed soon!

8 Likes

i’ve been having the same issue, it always crashes close to the end of the game

7 Likes

Same thing happening here and now I’m too scared to play because I don’t want to get banned :frowning: Does anyone know why this is happening and if it’ll be fixed soon?

7 Likes

apparently they know it exists and this is happening because of the graphics card/chip the Nintendo switch uses as I’m pretty sure its the NVidia so it will probably be fixed soon thankfully

12 Likes

How soon until you think it’ll be fixed ???

5 Likes

no clue tbh check the pinned post on the bug report forum that’s where I found this info from

5 Likes

Keeps happening to me too. Sometimes games finish (50/50) if I’m queued with a friend but even still. It seems unfair to be banned from even qp for this. Some reassuring news is I’ve heard that its a graphics card (NVidia) issue, and the Devs have acknowledged it and said they’re testing a fix for the next patch. I hope it comes soon because ain’t no way I’m getting near comp at this state :frowning:

7 Likes

Same, I finally hit endorsement 5 last week after having it in OW1 for almost 2 years - I get booted from a comp match and QP match and I’m now a level 4 again. All that work to get booted and lose rank. I’ve NEVER left a match in my life, this is super disheartening. Afraid to even touch the game.

Maybe they can go in and adjust manually, 2/3 say abandoned - but it’s THEIR fault, no way should I lose endorse and be banned from comp for THEIR error.

9 Likes

Same here. The game has never crashed on Switch for me before, but now it happens mid every game. It’s the season 9 update.

9 Likes

8 crashes in a row, waiting for a fix

6 Likes

i wish they would compensate for this stuff because i lost an endorsement level and got suspended from competitive play for practically the whole day after only playing for like not even an hour, after it took me three hours to download hopefully it’ll be fixed soon : (

6 Likes

Happening to me too. Tried restarting, turning the system off and back on, redownloading now. I’ve already got a penalty for leaving that I had to wait out. I quit playing yesterday because of that. Then trying again this morning, I’m already getting kicked again. I put a ticket in with Battle.net, but just got a robot answer on a fix.

6 Likes

I’ve gotten three different leave penalty’s because I thought it was a problem with my switch and tried to fix it myself but then I discovered it was a problem with overwatch and I’m really hoping they can like reset leave penalty’s or something because I hardly ever leave games but when I do it’s usually because I have to leave my house immediately and I don’t want to get a penalty and loose endorsements over it

5 Likes