Season 4 ranked bug still not fixed

Blizzard said: Players who reach their next Competitive Update should receive their expected ranks.
I ended last season in Master 3 or 4 and got the bug that said I finished Diamond 1. I also got the rank decay telling me that I start Season 4 in Diamond 1 instead of Master 3/4. I read in the Bug Forum the Blizzard statement that we need to get 5 wins to get the rankes adjusted to get the rank decay removed but this is a lie. I went 5/3 and only got promoted to Masters 5 and I am still missing the Season 3 Master rewards. I just wanted to let you know that the Blizzard statement is not true. The bug is not fixed.

3 Likes

The statement is true (its just not the statement we wanted to be), you got your rank back after you won 5 games (with just a small single division derank). I got mine back also without the rewards.

There was no promise to fix the previous season wrong rewards on the next 5 wins, but just to adjust the current rank decay they introduced to the people that logged in the fist hour after the season start.

We’re still waiting for a fix, someone promised on twitter that the next patch will have a fix for the wrong season end ranks and the missing rewards bug, but its still not done.

1 Like

This is not true. Even though I was winning 5 games and loosing only 3 I got virtually demoted from master 3/4 to Master 5. What happened is that the rank decay was not solved. The system still thought I was Diamond 1 and I just ranked up from Diamond 1 to Master 5. This means I was fully affected by rank decay without resolving it.

1 Like

It’s true. :slight_smile: This is a known bug reported by 1000th’s of people yesterday. I was referring to the promised fix of the bug that you’ll get after you win 5 games. Meanwhile everyone affected by the decay will experience the decay side-effects until their next rank update occur.

1 Like

If you demote with a win % of 62% the system is flawed. They said they were removing seasonal rank decay so OP really shouldn’t have demoted at all with his winrate in the sample pool provided. Please understand that I’m talking about after the fix. While he did jump from diamond 1 to master 5 he still got demoted from where he was at the end of the season.

3 Likes

When I re ranked, it just placed me in my previous banding…it sucks on my support as I when from platinum 3 to gold 5 with a 68% win/loss rate.

1 Like

It’s 100% not fixed. The original ranking bug put me from silver 4 to bronze 3. And then when I did what they said, with a 5-3, it put me in Bronze 5??? That’s not silver OW

3 Likes

I already played the 5 games and my account got deranked to Bronze 5 (After 5-3)??? So, no it’s not gotten fixed. Instead, I had two back-to-back bug issues.

4 Likes

I am also still affected and made the mistake of logging in the first hour. Went from Masters 3 to Diamond 3, but I got the Platinum Role Challenger title from where I started the previous season…

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads would be greatly appreciated.

They put out an announcement on Twitter that a small portion of players were still bugged and that they will fix it when they do the next patch, including rewards. It was Aaron Keller on their Twitter page

1 Like

Yeah but that was a lie as always. Because i did finish 5 wins. And instead of getting my season 3 end rank i just went 1 up from the rank i got demoted 2. So yeah im still waiting. But small indie company.

2 Likes