"Safe Side Of Strong" Needs to go

his damage is insane, but his sustain is mid. Doubt he’ll be that broken.

I was shredding as him, he’s too much fun when there isn’t an Ana

Sigma, Orisa probably outpoke him since they havebroken levels of sustain

How else are they going to sell BP’s?

1 Like

He has a bunch of polarizing mechanics. As I mentioned above, all of his raw self survival as a tank is linked to cardiac overdrive and the self heal. If you block the healing in any way from shields, being evasive (high mobility, small/skinny), invincibility, or damage reduction his survival tanks.

Glass cannon is hell of a design flaw imo. A feast or famine design I think is not the way to design heroes even if they are fun to have from time to time.

They could try releasing better skins. That might help.

3 Likes

If you’re being honest with yourself then these are not equal parts.

1 Like

rather a glasscannon then an unkillable piece of crap called sigma

He gets a fair bit of sustain from his berserker passive, which isnt blocked by anti nade, and was buffed to 50% from 40%. Add in 150 armor to his base health, hes definitely feeling tougher to burst down than he did during the trial weekend.

Same clip title by the way:

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnchantingWrongPterodactylChefFrank-QWKBu-Ojn6_de_CQ

2 Likes

I’d need to play more games, but the activation of it is rather a tall order. You either need to land headshots or land enough shots to set someone on fire, then keep hitting them for the crit passive.

Its still overall linked to actually hitting things which makes it a rather high skill activation and something the enemy team can intentionally make more difficult by running evasive heroes, smart cover play, playing spread out, playing at range, and running shield blocking abilities.

One of the core reason Reaper isn’t super scary to Winston is that you have incredibly high mobility compared to Reaper’s rather short range of like 10m before massive fall off and spread coupled with his survival is linked to life steal. Shield is up and Reaper is incredibly killable.

Bastion is a different matter because bastion has the 50 armor AND iron clad making him more difficult to burst through when other support heals. Mauga’s ability to ensure he has his own high self survival is rough.

When where they quick? When bastion gatekept tanks for a month and then they removed his armour upon shift. Then a month+ later reduced his spread, a change that did absolutely nothing for tanks since their hitbox is large.
After 9 weeks they touch mei leftclick, after she held leftclick and dominated tanks for 9 weeks straight.
After 5+ seasons they make a change to ult charge retention upon swapping a hero, from 25% to 15% a change that as it feels does absolutely nothing on controll maps because its still effective for 4 people to counterswap the tank entire game. It even feels like it hurts tanks more since they need more ult charge to even get their ultimates online and they get them slower it feels like compared to allot of other heroes.
After 6+ seasons they make a change to discord to stop zen from permanently discording tanks entire game.

How are these updates fast by any means?

1 Like

The armor also stacks with Cardiac Overdrive to grant him 50% damage reduction. It’s not easy killing him when he takes half damage, lifesteals 70% of his damage, and generates overhealth all at once.

Fwiw: His left click sets them on fire with roughly 10~ shots, in about half a second. Then his right click is pure shield generation.

With his changes, even at range, its pretty easy to land 10~ shots to set someone on fire, and then just farm shield off them.

To be fair i like the concept of safe side of strong but Magua isn’t that he dominates the game.

Safe side of strong imo is strong but not unbeatable. Tracer is strong, but you’ll neg her if she’s worse than you.

I mean its not unbeatable sure, but no one is.
The problem is that huge amount of damage in mid and close range with a minimal aim and a bit of Support/healing basically overwhelms almost any enemy Tank.

1 Like

I personally think the head of the balance team needs to be sacked, he is completely out of touch with the game with some of these god awful changes they keep making.

Just suffer for 20-30 hours to get him for free, its totally fine!

Isn’t it alway like this? New hero come out, everyone have no idea how to do with them and got annihilated then call them p2w.

And then 2-3 week later everyone familar with their weakness then no one care about them any more.

Problem is consoles. It takes time to certify the patches with MS and Sony and they can’t just roll out PC ahead of consoles due to cross-play. So we’re stuck with patches every few weeks unfortunately. A lot of these issues can be quickly bandaid-ed with simple number tweak hotfixes until they have time to address the underlying issues.

Well yeah, they can change pretty much any number variable, without doing a full patch.

Which is usually plenty to adjust tierlist positions within a role.

Patch 1.43 clarification - #7 by GreyFalcon-11737