✅ [Role Reserve Queue] Adding RQ to RoleLimits

RoleQueue is ideal, but getting it to work with proper DPS Queue times is, “difficult”.
RoleLimits with RoleSwitching could fix that. (i.e. 3 maximum DPS per team)
But people still want to reserve their spot onto a particular Role.
(And to have decent team compositions).

Here’s how you merge those two ideas:

• People join the game as 2-2-2 through a RoleQueue
  • Roles are Locked at 2-2-2
    • However Roles are only locked for the first 20 seconds of the game
    • Additionally, if you haven’t picked a hero yet, it still blocks people from picking that Role, if the Role is full.
  • After 20 seconds is up if there are extra spots available per Role, players can switch Roles
    • For a maximum Roles per team of 3DPS-4Tank-2Healer
  • Usually that means one of your Tanks/Healers rushes for the 3rd DPS spot.
  • However unless literally everybody refuses to go Healer (Can’t last for long) you are at least guaranteed either:
    • 1Tank-2Healer
    • 2Tank-1Healer
  • Lastly, Roles would be reset to whatever they were at the beginning of the game for Competitive, between rounds.
    • So if you “donate” a desirable Role during the previous round, you get that Role back. And can choose whether you donate the Role this next round, or keep it for yourself.

So there would be a good amount of negotiation for people to swap, however it would be largely optional.
Also people would be open to queuing as Tank/Healer, since they all know there’s the “prize” of that third extra DPS slot, along with lower queue times.

P.S. While I think 3DPS-4Tanks-2Healers is the ideal mix of maximum players per Role. I guess 3DPS-3Tanks-3Healers would work too, that way people don’t get too fussy about favoritism. It just wouldn’t nuke GOATs away, and I think QuadTank is kinda fun.

I’m down with role limits…though I’d just put the number at 3 across the board and leave it at that (maybe consider 4)…nothing complicated…can still have a queue

I guess, but that still allows for GOATs.

Although if they had 2HealMax for OWL, and 3HealMax for Live. That would be acceptable.

I don’t have a prob with goats…i can count on one hand how many times I’ve run across it…forum problem more than a game issue

Yeah, GOATs is mostly an OWL problem

Although I wonder if it would be a problem to allow for GOATs, while disallowing 4-1-1

Why I mentioned considering 4 :sweat_smile:

That would defeat the purpose of guaranteeing atleast 3 TanksORHealers.

That said given the state of current GM meta. 3-3-3 RoleLimit would probably be fine.

Oh the only thing I want to see is guaranteeing heals and tanks…the comp doesn’t matter…I don’t mind 33, 114, 132…etc…I just don’t want to see xxx and nothing else…and I think a simple role limit will do that…

Having said that if you put it at 3 or 4 it still doesn’t guarantee you get both so there would have to be some work around for that…but if you still have a queue a system can just ensure that they have at least 1 of each internally

Well, 3DPS-4Tank-3Healer would also work. Since that would add on QuadTank.

But the main thing that makes this all work is that 3DPS limit.

Heck, could just remove limits on Tanks and Healers entirely, as long as you got the 3DPS limit.

Can’t disagree…

Well, I do guess a “3 Damage heroes per team” would also be a bit easier to explain than “3-4-2 Role Limits”.