Role Queue Update

I was placed near my rank in Tank/Healer queue (didn’t do Damage, too much time to wait), but after that it was just madness.

The close matches were very limited, mostly I was forced to participate in a steamrolls or in matches in enemies were trying to play, while my team was “testing” and being laid back, because season was supposed to not be counting to your rank.

So yeah… Pretty great, 2019 valid experience of “nothing you can do” and salt.

2 Likes

This is an utter disgrace Blizzard, to be told that the stats do not count and are deleted leads one to experiment, to see what works: what in fact we all thought was the aim of a beta - a test run. Then suddenly a few days before end, oh no we are keeping the stats and trashing your hard worked srs over the last 3 years.
Are you trying to kill this game off? It feels like it. Jeez.

I actually feel physically sick after reading this thread.

Rethink this Scott and do it now.

1 Like

No, stats are getting deleted. MMR data is not.

Previously I run about 2300 sr (average) peaking at plat. Now im running at 25xx as healer, 2050 as dps and 1700 as tank. I have been trying alot of stuff as tank and dps( I usually support). Are the role queue beta stats u look at on ur sheet going then? and does this mean when i do my placements as tank im gonna start on 1700 ish again? Still feel sick, I dont like change.

We do not know the detail, but your hours and general recorded statistics will disappear. The data from the matches will apply in the future. So it might not place you at 1700, especially if you outperform yourself during placements. But it will likely be lower than if you never lowered it in the first place.

And yeah, it was poorly communicated on their part. Still is, arguably.

1 Like

They do realise that because of this tech support guys post, you tubers such as stylosa (who coaches spitfire ) etc have been saying Yeh guys use this a trial period, the stats don’t count. They should stand by what he said. What a mess.

4 Likes

Hahahha!

They really lied to us.

And because the playerbase believed them and didn’t actually take role queue beta any seriously, SR is now all over the place. I aced my dps and support placements despite going many matches with zero deaths, only placed low plat due to old season mmr and then people outright threw my tank placements, got placed in mid gold.

Last time I was in mid gold was when I climbed to plat in season 8 and it wasn’t even difficult. Gold and plat are not difficult ranks, they’re so easy it’s almost boring, but support climb is awfully difficult because nobody knows what they are doing in their roles.

Good to know I got punished by everyone throwing the matches by playing offroles and things they have never even touched in competitive. Completely new players in plat too.

Never doing competitive again, it was a mistake.

4 Likes

In thinking back to the 2-2-2 video Jeff literally said when role queue beta was introduced Role Queue that stats didn’t actually transfer over, so we put our faith in that. With FIVE days left friend you say “oh they do count and we are halfway through the season”. This was reinforced by Sigma going straight into comp at start of beta. I don’t know why I believe anything Blizzard says anymore because you change your mind and screw us over repeatedly. I would NEVER have used my main account with this broken system if there were long term ramifications.

You give us 4.5 days to fix your mmr/sr mistakes when they wernt supposed to count. I did it to improve the game… Well i got cucked.

Reason 1 million 99995 reasons ppl hate Blizzard and OW, you lie to your player base. Fix the sr system, admit the beta failed and make it better… don’t just expect us to play through the dog feces storm you created.

I ended in GM+ game (im top 500 since season 5 and because because we will have diamonds with top 500 sprays from this, so they mean nothing) with a damn plat player on my team, not his fault, he placed plat, liberally placed play and in a 4.3 game… I’m high GM how am i supposed to work around that? The top500 leader board is full of diamonds, not because they are good flex players but because most actual good players got sick of trying to carry 2-3 ppl who were silver dps last season and suddenly hit GM after placements. This ruined our stats. To keep the mmr from comp games is pointless data, its fundamentally flawed. in the real world this type of data collection would fail the most basic research methods course.

To say I’m pissed is beyond words… I hate the dev team, I hate the lies, Ihate cs and i now am starting to hate the game after 3 years. GGEZ Blizzard.

Oh and your bigh announcement is OW is coming to switch… no one here cares buddy we are pc players.

Idea… scrap the beta, work on it harder and then try again… we waited 18 seasons, I think the bulk of players wouldnt mind you taking another 1 or 2 to get it right and not be your test subjects, we are your customers… treat us that way, not like an annoyance to your precious game.

Oh can i also just add here i contacted CS beause my game was logged in, i have authenticate and my sick child spent 3003 comp points on a Junk Rat golden gun, when I rang Cs support they first though i wanted a game refund (its a play 4 star account) and was then told it way MY fault. A 4 year old cant play the game, how can they buy a gun and it ws less than an hour after the purchase and I compromised to “can you just put it on a hero I used” and there should be a mandatory cool down period ( a day) that’s not being followed. You can’t fix it, its no buyers remorse obviously. I have 35 minutes on Junk in my entire career…

You killed the game because 2-2-2 flopped (dps moira, reddit lucio) and those players are rife. You are not punishing them. Yeah they have all the golds but that’s because the rest of the team was dead all the time. Thanks for fixing that. Asshats

5 Likes

Man the guy above says it all.

I haven’t felt like this since they ruined Counterstrike by bringing out Counterstrike:Source.

Feels like your game has been taken off you. Thanks Jeff Kaplan and Scott Mercer and that idiot that posted the untruths in good faith or not.

The three of you should be ashamed at this situtation.

1 Like

No. An unaffiliated MVP poster posted an incorrect statement which wasn’t clarified officialy until just recently.

Don’t presume to speak for anyone but yourself. You certainly don’t speak for me. I for one took the Role Queue Beta seriously because I wanted to see where I’d place on all 3 roles.

Ah. I see. You’re one of those players. Won’t bother responding to you any more.

I wonder if I comb through your comments how many will have a oddly favorable slant to Bliz. :thinking:

It wasn’t just that. Their own explanation for how the role queue beta would work was pretty ambiguous and poorly worded. Many people understood it wrong, including influential people who spread misinformation unknowingly, believing they got things right. Not only was this information in a pinned message on their own forum, but it was also all over reddit and youtube.

Sure, perhaps they didn’t explicitly lie. But failing to correct misinformation for weeks, even misinformation on their own forum that they claim they read for feedback, falls under the category. Because if they read the forum or at least reddit or follow literally any large OW community fanbases across the internet, they would’ve been aware of the misinformation and we wouldn’t have gotten the correction when the deed was already done. I find it completely illogical to believe that nobody has seen a pinned post by the decorated forum MVP and corrected it earlier (for the record, I absolutely do not blame him; if anything, it proves how easy it is to misinterpret their original explanation for how role queue beta would work). They’re either entirely ignoring everything the community is saying on all platforms (willingly or accidentally; both equally bad and unprofessional) or they planned it just like this.

I say they planned it because had this been known, so many people wouldn’t have bothered with the beta in order not to accidentally drop. Which means that there wouldn’t have been enough testing going on. Easily solvable by not removing role queue from QP and delaying it for no reason at all, but here we are.

I don’t think Nere presumed anything. The majority of the playerbase believed role queue beta wouldn’t matter. That’s an undeniable fact. I was not among those people and I tried to argue that it will matter, but to no avail. People in my games kept insisting that I should give up the tryhard mentality in a “stupid role queue beta that doesn’t matter.” People were throwing games because they didn’t care because they were convinced there’s nothing to care about. I did my best as I always do in any mode, but unfortunately I have yet to discover a way to remotely control someone’s else’s character when they refuse to play the game. I can’t go to their house and play for them. If someone decided to throw, they threw and there was nothing to do about it. Personally, I’m only mildly disappointed with my placement numbers, they’re generally around where I usually am. I know for a fact I would’ve gotten some minor higher numbers had it not been for people who didn’t care. Nothing to get riled up about but still unacceptable and unprofessional on Blizzard’s part to let this happen.

I don’t even blame people who believed it wouldn’t matter because the issue was unclear, it was never corrected in time, beta on its own implies something that will not be taken into account later, stats are being deleted anyway and, most of all, Sigma was available immediately in competitive which goes against the rule of new heroes being available in competitive without a prior 2 week period of them only being playable in QP.

I would really like an official explanation for this in particular; why was Sigma not locked out of role queue beta if role queue beta will ultimately matter and is being treated like a regular season that affects our MMR permanently?

1 Like

Honestly, I’m so, so upset with how I’ve placed in Role Queue Beta. I understand what you’re saying about how it works, but when you say “just play more and you’ll see your SR reflect your skill level!” it’s a lie. I have been mid-high plat for the past…idk many seasons. I worked SO hard and put SO many hours into this game to rank up. It’s my favorite game of all time. I love it in every way. It introduced me to competitve gaming. But why the hell did I peak at 2900 last season playing primarily Ana (my main) and now I’m LOW. GOLD. As support. W H Y. And because I’m in low gold, none of the players understand teamwork as well as plat players. So I’ve played tons of games as support, and…I’m still in mid to low gold. Tell me how that reflects my skill? It’s so frustrating because it makes me not want to play my favorite game anymore. Getting into plat was a huge achievement for me and super validating, as I’m not a super intense competitive player. But now I’m sitting here wondering why I put so many hours into Ana and the other supports just to get crapped on by my Role Queue Beta placements. Which apparently affect our placements for next season too? Really?! So I’m gonna have been in plat for however many seasons now, and then bam I’m back stuck in gold again? Thanks so much. I love the concept of role queue, but yeah this basically killed my motivation to keep playing this game. Why bother putting hundreds of hours into a character and climbing up just to get swatted back down now? I guess I need more clarity on how this works? F.

2 Likes

Approximately 0.00001 percent.

But have fun, I guess.

Most of my posts are about how much I want to sleep with Hanzo.

So feel your pain, Scott Mercer ARE YOU LISTENING?

1 Like

due this was a “BETA” is full of bugs, people abusing them to mess with the mmr system, so really i hate the idea these stats carries to the next season, which bug you can say? one of the worst ones… if a full team leave a match due a leaver or something, the system doesn’t count the win to the other team, no giving exp, SR points , nothing at all.

people know this and leaving immediately after the 2 min timer runs out, doesnt matter how longer the match was, it cancel it. a lot of people knows they are messing with the other team. yes, they lose sr, and gain a little of exp. But the other team?.. NOTHING!!! no exp, no sr, no mmr. and now you are telling us what knowing this massive flaw, you still carrying such stats to the next season?.. PLEASE.

1 Like

The only assumption I can make is they’ve made the clearly wrong decision (make matches matter in a beta season) for two reasons - 1. they can’t easily make the MMR rating ignore these matches and/or 2. they wanted people to take this season seriously to help with their tweaks (but then why mention stats not carrying over at all).

Now it’s sort of a catch-22. If it’s 1 they obviously have to continue forward as is. If it’s just 2, they could switch but they’re going to piss off one side or the other of the people who benefit.

And of course clarity would have easily prevented all of this.

1 Like

Role Queue and SR have been an unmitigated disaster.

6 Likes

Just wanted to say something somewhere…After some time in the forums, it’s just too much hate in the forums…now I know why the devs aren’t more active here anymore…no matter what they say it will make it worse. I will just disappear from forum and enjoy the game now.
Oh and love role queue it will be a rough start but with time we will play when we must be(to say something related to the topic).

I don’t see I ever asked your opinion to begin with, buddy. Think what you want, but I can get much better matches in quickplay than the sham that’s role queue beta.

1 Like