Role Queue Killed OW

If decision to implement role queue and put every DPS player into 10min++ queue was good for game, then OW deserves to put to coffin, there is simply no way game can grow when vast majority of your playerbase is being displeased by single game design.

All roles should be optional, team composition shouldn’t be definitive, it should be whatever you can play with “players” you have in team, I never liked 2/2/2. Even as flex tank/support, I was fine 3/4 DPS, as long it worked out with players we had.

Broken metas are only created if certain heroes are above the balance, just because we have three categories doesn’t mean they should be all present in every single game if you have players who are no good with them or are simply not interested playing them.

6 Likes

Role Q killed off people who only play DPS you mean

Man I’m all pro role q and stuff but yeah these q times make even me wanna revert the damn thing.

There was this beta testing phase and according to blizzard the system works great, nobody likes it, mission accomplished.
Dear blizzard nobody wants mobawatch(maybe except the mercy mains who have never ever played any other character but they know how to play all of them and give other advice)

Wrong.

“The hardest choices require the strongest wills”

6 stack only competitive washes away the vast majority of the problems caused by the players.

Be nice to play the game like they do in OWL as a casual…

I think they introduce RQ not because players asked for it but because they failed to kill GOATS which was hurting OWL entertainment.

4 Likes

I like it. I want role q still. Double shield killed overwatch and poor balancing. Amongst the matchmaker and performanced based Sr existence.

1 Like

Heres a bandaid for a femoral artery bleeding see you again in 4 months…

Role Lock is a problem on of itself. The only reason devs implemented it was to make balancing heroes easier I think.

The community is and has always been the problem. Role queue has made the game so much better.

Queuing for comp and is so much less stressful now because you don’t have to worry about your healers inexplicably switching to tank or DPS because they don’t like how the match is going.

A buddy of mine convinced me to play QP Classic, and it was atrocious. I cannot believe I played the game for 3-years in that state. I’m a tank main. I picked Winston. I had quad gold medals with Winston, but I kept dying because no one would play healer, and health packs are not the most reliable way to heal.

1 Like

I can’t agree more with you !!! I miss the old Overwatch.

1 Like

If anything maybe as part of reaching that lvl 25 you have to play qp role que and only be aloud to do comp if you’ve done enough time with each class. kinda miss the old overwatch tho games were so much faster and if someone was struggling in a role in comp you could switch roles…

1 Like

Yes what we need in video games is no players of any kind. That would fix it!