Role queue, forced 2/2/2 and why we need it

theres lfg for role locks ez

1 Like

WHy hide it ?

20 chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

1 Like

It would bring the 17 or so DPS back into the gameplay for one since you wouldn’t be forced to swap off all dps for an extra tank and healer whenever the enemy decides to run goats for one, and it would mean utility dps get more love how mei can be viewed as off-dps with a tanky aspect to get more fight in, while still leaving the options for stock standard widow genji mccree and such.

Because suprisingly barriers are made for two dps to shoot at them, otherwise they don’t last, healers were made to have 2 of them so they don’t have abominations like goats come out of the works, tanks were made to have two of them since they have a relatively high dps while being able to survive would be one shots and reap the benefits of healing thus shutting out liabilities like the DPS class and running down the opposition. This game was built to function on 2/2/2 best.

‘We need to force people to work as a team because people refuse to work as a team’.

Yes, if you want people to queue support so they get games faster and then go dps Moira, forced 2-2-2 is definitely the right way to do that.

It’s the middle of the day here in OCE

clicks LFG

Oh look, theres not one person trying to create a lobby, it’s just blank.
LFG is dead friend. And why would you want to lock your roles through that, you put yourself at a major disadvantage.

lfg isnt dead OMEGALUL

Most people don’t go into a game attempting to throw luka.
There is a report button for that >.>

How do you know it will? You can throw all the ifs and buts at me but I don’t see it. Since people will be forced to run two DPS only the highest or ‘best’ heroes will be picked.

Maybe not dead in a high player density zone like the US, but here in OCE, it’s 100% dead. It’s been so abandoned that you never see anyone using it ever. It’s really dead.

The game is balanced around counterpicks, not class ratios.

4 Likes

That’s literally just a single aspect of it, how do you reckon we counter goats?

You don’t have an answer for that one, no one does with our current game tools, otherwise we would already be doing it.

You will probably see variation in what to pick in the DPS from rank to rank, but at lower ranks, you will get the freedom to make it work on any hero which accounts for most people who play overwatch. At higher ranks the list will get tighter, but that is basically what we had pre goats, and better than the post brigitte release Goats beats everything. So how is it worse than what weve got?

1 Like

Pre goats? It’s always been that way, meta might trickle down to lower ranks but you can get by without playing it cause of player skill. A forced 2-2-2 would just limit what players can play and the game would also need a total balance change.

1 Like

Assuming that the matchmaker for competitive works, the player skill against you should be aroundabout the same skill level you are at. When a team picks up goats, and you don’t you more than likely will have to match it. When a powerful meta gets thrown at you, you either need a counter meta, but goats doesn’t have any viable counters. So relying on “player skill” to avoid using the meta strategy in the upper half of the ranked ladder, you will most likely lose without someone on your team who is SIGNIFICANTLY better than the rest of them, and that option fully dissipates around masters.

A forced 2/2/2 would be much less limiting than the current iteration, you try remember a meta with 3 of ANY role that didn’t have players mad anyway. Anything but 2/2/2 is awful in most peoples eyes.

For USA WestCoast, almost all locked Role LFG games had ?-2-2 with two Flex.

1 Like

Well yeah, you need at least 2 tanks and 2 healers, and the other two are left open for a COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE, imagine not being able to pick goats when the other team runs it, that would be IMMENSELY FRUSTRATING, it’s called meta (most effective tactic available) for a reason, because it’s the MOST EFFECTIVE. Locking yourself out of that is beyond stupid and i don’t know why anyone would do that, because it doesn’t match you up in a game with people on the other team who picked your ruleset. That’s just rules for you, not the enemy.

So they aren’t necessarily using it because they LIKE IT, they are using it because they NEED to for the competitive edge. If they DID love goats, they would just say hey 3 of this and 3 of that end of, the fact they put in 2 flex is more likely because they want to have the chance to play a non goats game where they can if the other team doesn’t force them into the mirror match.

To be honest, unless you are in high Diamond or above, nobody is running “Real GOATs” anyways.

1 Like

In oce at least, you hit 2.5k, and you get goats alot of the time, you hit 3k, and you get goats MOST of the time, you hit 3.5k, and you get goats EVERYTIME WITHOUT FAIL.

Trust me, I have a mid plat account for my DPS learning curve since I am a tank main, and that LITERALLY got reported into a suspension without being toxic thanks to mass reporting because teams were unhappy that I wouldn’t pick a 3rd tank or support and run that with them. LITERALLY THAT BAD and often encountered that i got a suspension (which I got overturned by going to the support staff and appealing) and that was IN PLAT.

I find it more fun to unleash your salt in the space between the signs.

weow you can’t just do that, now I will wonder forever what you said ;.;