Overwatch will outlive Fortnite and many other games

I still stand by this thread. fight me!

1 Like

Could’t you just make a new one?

A year ago I would agree

Sadly, with the way things are going, I very much doubt it.

2 Likes

And what about Activision-blizzard games ?

“Heroes never die!!”

1 Like

Some of the regions have lost enough players that the matchmaker is having trouble making games.

You stand by the thread, but that is because you are still in a region which hasn’t crossed the threshold where it is OBVIOUS that the game is dieing.

It started with LFG

And then it started to move to regular gaming.

It got to the point where the Optimistic people started to get down.

Hell, even Jelly wasn’t feeling all that good about it.

2 Likes

Blizzard games have survived long-term based on fan loyalty and quality. Between the company’s own missteps and the increasing influence of Activision on their operations, both of these factors have been severely undermined.

WoW’s current expansion has both casuals and hardcore fans alike dropping the game. Some of their biggest streamers are now playing other games. Fans are more excited for Classic at this point than they are for new content.

StarCraft 2 is effectively in maintenance mode. The RTS genre isn’t exactly popping anymore, so hardcore SC2 fans are essentially stuck with the best game left in their genre.

Heroes of the Storm is on life support, because it’s the first major MOBA to kill off its eSports program. Players have taken this as a signal that the party is over and are abandoning the game. Pretty bad when even sponsored streamers who get promoted on the launcher are playing rival MOBAs on other days.

Diablo 3 is effectively dead. Seasons now have gimmicky variations to hide that almost nothing else has changed in 2 years. Nobody cares about the mobile game, and Blizzard didn’t announce D4 or anything new for D3. Nothing has done more to strengthen Path of Exile’s position in the market than Blizzard’s neglect of the Diablo franchise.

Overwatch is in a precarious position with the game’s balance in a rough spot right now, and overall interest waning. They have gone all-in on OWL and greatly expanded the league. The OWL viewership is being propped up by in-game loot offers for viewers. This has huge potential to blow up in their faces if they can’t get the game into a place where it will be entertaining to watch. Most agree GOATS and CC-heavy metas are not going to make for a great spectator experience.

So as someone who was once actively playing all 5 franchises and currently playing none? I respectfully disagree.

3 Likes

no it wont cause its a toxic nintendo based game where the fun is drawn out and grinding is the way to go . it already lost to many many many games. people watching the top 100 and thats it no fun no entertainment nothing just grinding and being frustrated cause the balance is always of .
other games dont rely on other idiots or a match system that is to stupid to even consider making so they always win in the fun departement and thats what makes a game great having fun
overwatch fun ? nah haha find one

Oh if you mean by “living” wasting away with a tiny so called “balance patch” every 45 weeks that doesn’t improve anything, often even making things worse.

If you mean by “living” receiving a lackluster “event” with recycled content and about 5 new skins no one cares about in 2 weeks.

If you mean by “living” purely concentrating on OWL which few and few people care about while simultaneously ignoring 98% of the player base.

Then yeah. Overwatch will live for a loooooong time.
Just like a patient in a coma who is being kept alive in his bed by machines.

I mean hey, he still breathes right? He is alive. Right?

2 Likes

this is blizz for a long time now

1 Like

The overwatch is dying thing is just a meme at this point…I just laugh whenever I see it

Halo was better. Overwatch could take second though.

Except it is dying.
Dying is a progressive state. Everything is dying until it is dead. That’s simple logic. Disagreeing with this fact does not magically change reality.

1 Like

Those of us on servers with population problems are not laughing about it anymore. I used to, but now it is having a real impact on our games, so I take it more seriously now.

We have a lot of Forum Mercy’s don’t we? :joy:

Forum Thread’s Never Die!

It was awful since day one.
The one good moment I remember from that show was the episode with the blue jay, and only because that bird was gorgeous.

Lol I read that and just thought “teen spotted”.

People aren’t even making clones of OW anymore and if nothing changes in the game, it will just fall into obscurity.

OW is not a bad game. It is just managed poorly… or should I say not managed at all.

It has a lot of potential but so far only Paladins has expanded on it.

I don’t know that it matters if Blizzard has iconic characters if it takes them infinite years to make one game.

Lol…

You honestly think this game will last like league DotA or csgo?

This games not even 3 years old and it is already past it’s peak. When league, DotA and CS we’re 3 years old they were still rapidly growing.