Role Lock is killing this game

Yes, which is why they put role-lock in QP in the first place.

How do you know it doesn’t see more use / have a larger playerbase? Do we have any official numbers stating otherwise? And you can’t use the whole “queue times are proof it isn’t played as much” because by adding rolelock to QP and making QPC, Blizzard essentially divided the playerbase. So of course there will be longer queue times.

Ive played for two years, and I have over 100 hours on Moira, Mercy and Orisa

Apparently everyone not liking RQ is DPS main by definition.

2 Likes

I dont like role queue, and I am a support main

Source?

Biased pool.

Not that it matters, Blizzard have the numbers on this regard. Whatever the forum say is not relevant at all.

I would be perfectly fine with two minor changes to QPC:

• Put it on the main screen (rename the current QP into “Unranked”)
  • Enable achievements on it

Gimme that and I’ll return and play almost exclusively QPC. I don’t mind if Comp stay role queue only.

2 Likes

Diamond is top tier players. They are top 14%.

2 Likes

There are polls that actually asked what role they are, which gave a clear idea of who’s answering the polls.

If the poll actually represented the player base, the one with the shortest queue times would be the DPS.

3 Likes

Maybe ppl just dont want to admit they queue dps cause the shame lol

2 Likes

Guarantee it. Your typical DPS is 14 or thereabouts, male and half-savage. Never forget that.

1 Like

I think these are pretty damn reasonable requests.

OP is right though…
Very few balances (nerfs to wrong heroes) and looong queue times…
Along with minimum content until OW 2 (next year or so?)…

THe game is in for a rocky bumpy ride to the finish until OW 2 comes out.

I’m plenty happy to keep people playing roles they want to play. Being forced to switch off because someone else wasn’t cooperating was miserable.

Know what’s infinitely more miserable? When the enemy picks Pharah, and the game becomes Play Hitscan or Lose, and your DPS can’t hitscan, and you can’t swap to their role…

1 Like

Even with role queue, the game can be a bit of a toss-up at times. Removing it will not fix that. Not even a little.

Anyway, I would hope that someone locking in DPS can play hitscan. If you can’t, I’d say you’re not a good DPS, and thus should not queue up as one. Practice your hitscan or play a different role.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I like role lock a lot since I play a lot of support, but I do sometimes miss being able to swap to another role that I can play better than one of my friends, like if the enemy widow is really good. My friends can’t play genji but I can do a decent job keeping her at least a little in check, that’s the kind of thing I miss being able to do while locked, and while I do understand that picking role lock is my own fault, it is a little annoying sometimes

1 Like

that is called social interaction… Work with your team instead of putting everyone in their own little bubble.

Good luck with that. We aren’t having established structure of command, unlike pro teams.

I think there should be a lock on quickplay but after those roles have been picked. Like if two dps are already picked you need to pick support or Tank.

I think role lock has improved the game a lot. In season 17 I played 141 games. Last season I played 295.

Yeah cuz overwatch community isnt toxic or anything…

Lol social interaction gtfo