Role Lock is killing this game

Having the option of queuing for role lock comp was great–MANDATORY role lock is a blight on this game.

60 Likes

You think ANYONE would role lock if the choice was optional?

8 Likes

Yep, as shown by the popularity of group finder

9 Likes

I don’t think Groups were having the problem of people not playing their roles. It was Solo Queue that needed the fix more than group play.

2 Likes

its not the role lock, its the nerfing the healers non stop and the lack of new heroes.

30 Likes

When people use the group finder as a reason to rag on RQ…
You have no idea why group finder sucked do you?

41 Likes

Everything is killing the game, just as everything is keeping it alive. People who leave for one reason, will be replaced by others for the same

9 Likes

OP is an obvious DPS main.

41 Likes

I know, right. Logic is not really the Forte of the forums, however.

3 Likes

If you think Role lock is what’s killing this game, Then i’m not sure if you know enough about the game to comment.

6 Likes

Yes, keep being in denial that when you see 1000+ threads on a topic there is no legitimacy to it. :man_facepalming:t4:

6 Likes

Im flex but ok

Zzzzzz

1 Like

It is literally called Looking For Group you absolute heathen

2 Likes

VV

^^

Removing Role Queue is not the solution. I believe there were many who asked for role queue when OW was first out and before they did the hero role change where they removed the defense role. It probably would have worked better back then when we had four roles so that we could have designated 1 Shield - 1 Defense - 2 Offense - 2 Healers.

Before people would rage swap off support or tank to yet another dps. Role lock fixing that is not killing the game. More people not playing supports and tanks is killing your que times.

18 Likes

Agreed. If Blizzard isn’t forcing players to do something, they won’t do it, that’s bad. That’s an indication of poor design.

4 Likes

6v6 comp call of duty mode - DPS only tank and support locked. Feature this mode prominently in the comp menu, same maps, same rule sets, same rewards, etc so they don’t feel like it’s a second class game mode.

1 Like

But so many people said it would fix the game and they swore up and down that Blizzard would make it so dps didn’t have to wait that long. Deal with it as many of us flexers were put out of our main job and have picked support and sometimes tank, we already did those jobs before but now it shows just how many people were flexers. We said it would lead to the problems but nobody believed us.

11 Likes

The community is killing this game

32 Likes

I mainly attribute it to not only the insane dps queue times but also the fact that more than half your games will have tanks and supports FILLED with dps mains who just want shorter queue times and dont play their role right. doesn’t help that another part of games will be filled with smurfs and the final part of the game will be filled with leavers… the quality of the game has surely gotten better whenever you ACTUALLY GET TO PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED :V

2 Likes