šŸ– [Roadhog] Changes I want

Still puts me in the 95% percentile accuracy according to Overbuff :stuck_out_tongue:

I find those stats pretty pointless on overbuff, if it gave stats like that but only comparing to your own rank, then sure. But comparing to every1 doesnt really matter. Many plats and diamonds will have higher accuracy and such to top500 players, but they are shooting at people with much worse positioning, awareness etc. Hell, overbuff says im the best tracer in qpā€¦ which totally isnt true.

also tracer and winston arent borderline troll picks. they get picked by the pros all the time. canā€™t say that about hog and reaper

Yeah, I guess thatā€™s what we really mean when we say RNG.

Half a month later, and this is more relevant than ever.

People always say Hog is super inconsistent, and vs most heroes I agree, but playing Sym a lot, most decent Roadhogs will oneshot me without a combo consistently. Just hook and shoot.

maybe just fewer pellets with more damage, but this would have to be done with the spread changes or it would exacerbate the rng shot problem.

Yay another Bastion counter. Well I guess a harder Bastion counter than now.

Wasnā€™t Roadhog always a Bastion counter?

If they wanna nerf secondary fire then put that power to another ability. I agree with putting it on hook. As long as it doesnā€™t revert him I love seeing hog ideas

I corrected it and said an even harder counter. Also the alt fire damage increase would basically 2 shot Bastion along with the armor piercing.

Well keep in mind, his right click has an effective range of half the length of the grassy area on Illios Well.

About 4x further than melee range.

And thatā€™s the only place Bastion can hit people :laughing: (dying inside.)

See. No worries :slight_smile:
Roadhog wonā€™t make Bastion horrible.

Because Bastion is already horrible :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that his damage numbers would be fine if the gun was simply more reliable.

They could reduce the spread a little more or similar to doomfist give it a sort of grid for the RNG to live inside.

Hook is also broken currently, I donā€™t know what causes it but sometimes you hook someone who canā€™t LOS and the hook still breaks - Hook was already sort of 50/50 so these bugs while Iā€™m sure are completely unintentional are really hitting an already temperamental character.

The worst part is you can have a game where you donā€™t encounter any of his bugs and the shotgun just happens to roll in your favour and he feels super strong - Then the next game you find yourself completely falling flat even though youā€™re basically playing exactly the same.

I think the problem from the perspective of playing Roadhog is that his baseline performance when things go wrong is just too far away from his baseline performance when things go right.

Itā€™s not that Roadhog needs to one shot or do insane damage when he hooks but that he needs to know exactly what heā€™s going to get from the hook, where the target is going to go and how much damage he is going to do
Right now you donā€™t even know if using Hook is going to even pull, nevermind if you need to ask allies for assistance killing the hooked target.

I think raising the damage per pellet would make the impact of reduced damage at range, much less.

9 degraded to 1, is better than 6 degraded to 1.

If his shotgun ignored armor then some one with 1 armor out side of melee range couldnā€™t die :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, now that the Roadhog nerf is live, itā€™s time to start looking at buffs.