RIP TANKS šŸ›”

So not only did mccree get most of his right click reverted back to tank killing, but they reduce armor effectiveness and buff the crap out of reaper with more leech + damage vs armor.

I think playing tank is just a foolā€™s dream in this game. I get it. Goats is strong. But making it where tanks are even more impossible to play ā€˜most of the timeā€™ is not going to be fun for the community.

So now there will be even less tank players on average.

Great. Fun. Loving the changes. I guess there was just no way to fix goats huh. But now the rest of us tank players pay the price for playing tanks. thank you pro scene for this gift.

72 Likes

rein is still only one of the best heroes in the game with the 2nd lowest skill ceiling, i donā€™t understand the problem, just sit back and hold down right click

4 Likes

GOATS wasā€™t even ran in my Plat rank. All I ever saw was 2-2-2
I think I saw GOATS maybe a few times, and half those times it was beaten because the teams werenā€™t organized enough to pull it off.

This change wasnā€™t made for the masses, it was made for OWL.
Oh well, I can have some fun playing Hog for awhile. But Iā€™m surely not going to main tank with these changes. I wonder if the supports are going to miss having the shieldā€¦? /shrug

40 Likes

:clap: We :clap: Not :clap: Dead :clap: Stop :clap: This :clap:

9 Likes

lowest skill ceiling.
You know nothing about rein.

Rein is the epitome of no aim all brain.

18 Likes

There have been many multiple tank metas in Overwatch history. It is obvious that tanks bring more value to a team than dps or even supports. Iā€™m ok with tanks taking a hit.

1 Like

Rein main here m8.
If I wanted to play a game where I hold down a shield, I could go find another game. Being a threat at close range was fun while also knowing when to shield for my entire team. Reaper now heals himself with 1 shot from 1 Reinhardt swingā€¦

Itā€™s cool though, someone else can Crusade for awhile, Iā€™ll be happy playing Hog trying to hook that ulting reaper, and trying to hook other dps who donā€™t have a shield on the other side.

13 Likes

meh, i can play orisa, winston and hammond outside o rein. Iā€™m also a decent zarya and hog. Just donā€™t make me play dva.

Orisa i think she might actually be not so bad after this patch.

Bam, exactly this. Main tanks are going bye bye folks. I am done playing rein and hamster.

I am so sick of feeling like I just hold down shield because I cant afford to do anything else until I have a lot of space to do something else.

Hamster is just falling off the grid at high tier games, and roadhog needs barriers which means we need people to play barrier tanks.

Not sure why I waste time on this game. Playing tanks is just not that fun and itā€™s getting worse.

Brig is what started this goats crap. Delete her. the game wont miss her.

2 Likes

Her crit box is huge! her armor isnā€™t as effective, and her shield melts when focused (especially if you are to have more dps and hog against you. Maybe in some lower rank she would be okay on certain maps. But I think she is going to get rolled.

4 Likes

itā€™s almost as if mechanical skill isnā€™t the only thing in this game.
The difference between a mediocre rein and a good rein is an abyss.
How are you even having 200+ hours on him, yet know so little about what he plays like?

i dunno, iā€™m ust kind of hoping.
She will deal more damage as well vs armor tho, that means faster ult on average.

4 Likes

F

2 Likes

fastest charging ult in the game

Cough Tracer Cough

5 Likes

I am no pro, heck I never even saw GOATS and the few times people attempted anything like it it fell apart on itself.

All I know is that I had a hard enough time playing a tank already and when I did it was hard to find somebody else to main tank or off tank with me and this change is just going to make the role that much harder and that much less enjoyable. I am not running in a GOATS comp, Iā€™m at the bottom of the totem pole but I am still going to be impacted by the weakening of tanks across the board.

For me the only solution to all of this strong metaā€™s is to force at 2/2/2 role selectionā€¦ this simplified greatly game design and balance decision and put the role queue in effect without problems. If u queue for DPS u can change only one of the DPS heroes. Is more about what counter what, and our personal strength. This ā€œbalance warā€ is simply a lost cause. Is impossible to win, and i donā€™t want another DeathMatch - CoD like arcade brainless gameā€¦ A tank need to be a tank, a support a support. Blizzard need to understand that is nearly impossible to balance an asymmetric game (in general) and this in particular. They seem not particularly good in this balancing affair (since WoW, sincerely) but i think is simply a lost cause, and they need to accept this.

2 Likes

but you agree that rein is super ultra low to learn mechanically wise lul.

the difference between good reins and bad reins is decision making, positioning, and knowing when to swing and shield, things that apply to literally everybody else but are in this case attached to an easy to use kit with an easy to charge ult.

you can keep typing useless crap like: ā€œhow are you 200+ hours this but you donā€™t agree with this???ā€ but its just reinforcing the fact that youā€™re actually the one that has no idea what heā€™s talking about.

except i said ā€œrein is no aim all brainā€, or did you miss that?

i meant this.

its not rocket science and anyone with access to google can figure out how to play rein at a diamond level in less than a day if they cared enough.

you know how that one guy boosted himself to GM with brig? ppl literally do that all the time with rein but we don;t rly talk about it because thereā€™s something noble about wanting to tank lul.

Holy geez. Hammond stands no chance against reaper now. You either leave or die.

I just saw a video on the reaper leech. No way can hammond kill him if hes shooting at hammond whatsoever.

Heh, good luck with thatā€¦