RiP Symmetra's Survivability

i completely agree. this is a new hero using the same model of what used to be Symmetra.

4 Likes

Not long enough. If her previous weapon is considered better and more useful then this is a net nerf. I’m not advocating for the lock on, I’m saying they have to compensate for the nerf. They need to raise the damage significantly, or increase the range, or bring back the lock on. But in it’s current state it is impractical for her to use it as she is NOT Zarya with 400 health and bubble. She is too vulnerable for such low pathetic damage.

1 Like

It should have a soft lock on like moira’s Maybe have it become less generous as it gets charged up.

Playing with it, it’s deceptively short, esp for a character with no mobility and now no barrier on something other than her ult.

3 Likes

Not. All. Heroes. Need. Insane. Survivability.

2 Likes

But when they’re only real way to defend themselves is a gun limited to short range yet extremely unreliable AT that range, you know there’s an issue.

They already have increased the damage

Someone that actually bothers to test stuff out instead of immediately complain.

1 Like

Not unreliable if you can aim.

I’ve played around with her on the PTR;A fully charged right click does a lot of damage. She’s pretty deadly at close range if you can follow up that orb. You have to play her like Zarya almost.

1 Like

damage on her gun justifies the range.

1 Like

Has it been confirmed that it can save team from Grav?

So far IMO the teleporter’s best value is for confusion to the enemy team. Is Reaper on your left, is he in front? Who knows? :slight_smile:

As far as I know, it has been confirmed. But I haven’t tested it myself yet.

Also, her teleport will be groundbreaking due to getting your team to crazy positions.

I had tons of fun dropping surprise D.Va nukes on people with her tele. Also her turrets can’t be deflected by genji or ate by DM.

I mean, 210dps with long range would be stupid OP.

1 Like

Not all of us need 50 hours of ptr qp to realize that a melee hero with no escape ability, sustain nor shield will most likely be in a terrible spot. Testing the hero changes in practice range for a while would suffice, which is pretty much what everybody already did.

3 Likes

Just her primary fire. Her turrets and secondary fire have high range.

Doesn’t require perfect aim, just good enough aim. Like most characters.

She didn’t start with that and she doesn’t need it.

She now has an escape.

It’s not slow.

She’s fine.

3 Likes

I’m not seeing it. It seems to tickle the target. The lock on is STILL better and does more damage by virtue of locking on. I doubt they increased the damage, and if they did it’s minuscule and needs more damage. Again, to compensate for the damage she is losing from lock on.

1 Like

Just like Meis icicles I’d like to think

The developers did say it could. Idk if its actually implemented. And it has many uses. To move your team away from danger, give low mobility heroes access to high ground. Setup good ults, you could put a teleporter in between the enemy team and have an ulting reaper teleport right to it. (He can teleport while ulting and so can many more heroes)

Save friendly flankers that are far away by giving them a means of escape

You have a Pharah rocket on your right click, higher mobility, passing through choke and go behind shield, insane left click dps, unlimited ammo vs shield + barrier, faster flying turrets that can hit even Pharah in the sky (near wall or roof). I think it’s fair to remove something.