RiP Symmetra's Survivability

Low health, extremely short range, her gun requires perfect aim with no lock on to help her in said short range (so she’s just gonna be useless when people are strafing around her). No moving shield to help her get into the fight without being picked off before she gets into an effective range for her weapon. No ability to provide herself and her allies extra health like she used to. Slow damage ramp up.

You’re going to see Symmetra’s die even more now than they used to.

Yes, her Teleporter on E may enable her more versatility, but with how weak she is herself she won’t be alive to use it a lot of the time.

She needs either her lock on to return to justify her extremely limited range on her gun, or she needs a range increase on her Current PTR beam.

65 Likes

Good. Now she has to actually aim

115 Likes

I am prepared for her to not be used in OWL and for her to be the first hero who is removed due to inability to fix

7 Likes

Her right click orb has the biggest hitbox in the game. I don’t think she will suffer that much at close range. Just spam her orbs and finish off with the beam. Right click should be your to-go damage.

22 Likes

I really don’t think she was a problem before. Some guns will require less aim and are better in different situations. Also for the people using the argument “she was played in the lower tiers,” or “OWL didn’t play her,” some heroes will just be more viable at different skill levels and I don’t think there was anything wrong with that. It’s hard to balance a hero from everyone of every tier.

10 Likes

Just stop being bad and learn how to play her

48 Likes

You have a teleporter, which is probably the best ability in the game. Not only can you save your entire team from a wipe within a zarya grav with an ability that has only 10 (or 8?) seconds cooldown, you’ll also be able to get your team to the strongest positions.

Her right click is so fast, you’ll be able to hit stuff reliably now. It’s basically like a phara rocket (from the looks of it).

26 Likes

Wait so no more locked spaghetti on enemy heroes?

YAY

6 Likes

she seems really strong… i wouldnt be surprised if they nerf her utility after a while…

Her barrier could barely deal with EVERY threat she was coupled against anyways and it was on a long cooldown. Besides, teleporting seems way cooler :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i think they have to add range to her primary fire but other than that :woman_shrugging:

But hey, she is top 2 (other is mercy) of
more gamesense and positioning hero on overwatch, so you easily should be able to positionate on places where you can get value of that range.

4 Likes

it 10meter range… thats not short…

I haven’t tried her in a match yet but I am just curious how is this supposed to work. She has no mobility other than the teleporter that takes time to set up.

She doesn’t feel like symmetra anymore.

1 Like

It’s

Been

On

The

PTR

For

An

Hour… can we give it some time first

23 Likes

I’d spam her secondary fire like forever hahahaha

She’s on the PTR for an hour and people are already complaining… It’s kinda sad honestly. Let players try her and I’m pretty sure some of them will be really good with her.

She’ll be used in OWL to setup highground Soldier/McCree/Bastion/Ana, similar to what they’re doing with Mei on occasion

2 Likes

Photon Barrier was garbage. Her “survivability” for low-skilled players was tied to being able to lock onto a target, jump around like a jack-rabbit, run around corners and still kill people.

Skilled players will adapt. Those who used her lock-on as a crutch will fall.

20 Likes

then go and try her out or are you on console?

the teleporter doesnt take much time… its super quick, same goes for her ult.

it has a really shrt cast time and the ult charge time is also insane.

you can even move a torb turret with the tp (that could have some troll potential or great surprises)

3 Likes