RIP Ana (Really frustrated at the neglect)

Ana is in a bad spot. Even in the Retribution even,t she is the worst healer.

We’re not obligated to receive an answer like that just like everyone else.

We can only sit and be patient, annoying as it is.

Again, I would not have had much of an issue if she did not get nerfed on Console.

Why nerf a hero who is FAR from being OP?

Why make blanket nerfs across platforms like this?

…and unlike other heroes, Ana doesn’t have a large fanbase as not everyone can play her or finds her difficulty appealing.

She’s not young and despite being the Second-in-Command of Overwatch she’s more of a martyr if anything.

There just isn’t a lot to care about with her.

Well I mean it’s been more than a solid year since they actually said anything about Ana; the damage buff didn’t do anything to help (Like a lot of us were saying, though it WAS a needed buff)

Like the only other character who has had this long of radio silence now is Bastion. They let us know about the Reaper, Mei, and Hanzo changes ages before they happened; same with the Torb and Sym stuff.

Shouldn’t matter how big or small a fanbase of a character is; if they are underpreforming at every rank, why not boost them up to make them as welcome as these other characters?

5/6 support heroes have lock-on mechanics or AoE auras that make healing very reliable. Some of those supports even have comparable healing outputs to Ana. Meanwhile Ana suffers the drawbacks attributed to a projectile, shields blocking it and the exclusive ability to miss. This is the real issue with Ana imo, not lack of mobility, self-healing or access to high ground.

You Forgot that the fact that all of her kit, 100% of it can be eaten up by Defense Matrix. Sleep, Nade, Damage shots, Healing Shots, just takes the enemy D.Va looking at you and your completely useless for DM’s duration

Pair that with someone with a shield and Ana is completely useless as long as their alive…

At the very least her Grenade and Sleep should bypass DM, otherwise that one character is a 100% counter to her. Paired again with how common D.Va is played…

I love Ana, but every time I play my team just freaks out… Makes me so Sad

I had an idea (as seen here)

Where I want them to move power away from her grenade to make each normal shot do more healing. Take some power from healing tanks, but spread it around her kit to make her more well rounded.

Ana’s that land their shots on “squishy” targets will have the biggest rewards; as well as still being a strong pick to heal up big characters too. It would promote more support diversity as well and actually let the Ana/ Brigitte combo work better than it currently does.

As an Ana main, I definitely feel like if I play her in comp right now, I am sabotaging my team, simply because the other supports can get so much more value so much easier.

At this point, Ana needs a complete rework and an ultimate she can benefit from as well as her target.

I think we’ve been given clues that they are at least looking into her. That’s something of a hopeful sound.

I’d like her to borrow a pair of wrist rockets from her daughter just to give her a boost up onto a ledge above. They can make it weak and it’ll be better. However I hope they go all out on it and allow her to use it as an escape too for when she’s dived.

My second wish is that they allow her rifle to heal her a little for each unspent dart in the chamber. It changes nothing on her output (so nothing to worry about) but also gives immense utility to herself with each weapon reload.

That’s it. If they do just these two things I’ll be back in business as an Ana main again. This is my hope.

I know they read these forums every now and then. Just hope some DEV guy reads this and at least forwards the recommend.

1 Like

Bought the golden weapon for Ana yesterday. I played at her so many times and I really LOVE this character. I practiced so much with her and trained my aim too. I think I am really trained HARD, because I wanna start playing Ana at competitive. (I wanna make so many hours in QP at her as I can, because in comp my team think that Ana is a troll pick and starting to pick Hanzo, Widowmaker instead of tanks until I switch Ana). And after I bought gold weapon I went to QP and here we go… All matches, Moira, Brigitte and Tracer easily kills me. I really tried hard, but unsuccessfully. Then I picked Brigitte AND LIFE BECOME MUCH MORE EASIER. Devs please, buff my granny :disappointed:

1 Like

That is the WORST feeling

Even if I am playing my best; if I just went Mercy/ Moira I would be doing even MORE than I am right now

It’s so disheartening

3 Likes

I’m frustrated as well. I really do agree that Ana needs buffs, which is why I stopped playing her (as much as I love the character), her cooldowns are way too high and I simply hate not having a disengage OR health regen. It’s ridiculous they leave her like this— especially compared to Brigitte who I wonder why she’s even support. They’re working on Hanzo, Symmetra & Torb and can’ even make simple fixes to Ana.

I used to love playing Ana. For a long time i always thought my first golden weapon would be for her because I enjoyed the character so much. At first i had to put in a decent amount of time practicing to even feel right picking her. Thankfully the first Junkenstein’s Revenge rolled around and my accuracy with her shots and all around skill improved so much that she became my go-to pick for any actual match.

It was pretty sad when the nerfs hit. It was even sadder when barriers were everywhere. I mean dive-comp caused a few issues due to mobility and pressure. Even with all that though i think it was the introduction/reworking of healers that provided the same or greater effectiveness without anywhere near as much difficulty. These days i play a lot of Moira and i’m really enjoying myself but i can’t help laughing at how she’s on the complete other end of the skill - difficulty spectrum, yet i can do so much more in the match and feel rewarded for the time i put in.

To put it bluntly there’s just no reason to pick Ana anymore. There’s no real reward for the skill you need to play her. I mean half the time her heals are cancelled out by them being blocked by a barrier or obnoxious teammate. But what can they do to fix that? Intangibility on her healing shots or something? I guess we’ll just see if Blizzard address this at any point. Have they even noticed this thread yet?

Thank you for your time

2 Likes

They know about Ana. They’re just waiting to see what will be the new status of Ana in this new meta with all the changements inc.
I hope we’ll dont have to wait too long though.
Yesterday I had Bronze healing, never happend to me. And Bridgettes never help the backlane and stay on front. So I have to pick Lucio or Moira to be close to the frontlane with Bridg.
I haven’t played enough to have a strong opinon yet.

So Papa Jeff has said they are testing out some changes on the PTR for Ana, though nothing is certain. So buffs are on the way!

Yes I saw it right now, it’s incredibile :star_struck:

Holy crap

From March 21st 2017, until May 3rd 2018

We FINALLY have word that something is happening to Ana

I am so happy I could cry lolol;;

Hey now, they did give her 70 damage back in Nov- Dec(?) It wasn’t much but it was something.

True

But it’s small peas seeing as the same month Moira came out >_> lol

Well finally hear word on Ana

AT LAST!

Though uhh

They’re halfway there!

More ammo? YES PLEASE
Shooting through full health teammates? Uhh never really was an issue for me? I mean just work on your positioning and it shouldn’t be an issue more than once or twice

Now she needs a form of healing passive and then Ana can be a viable option alongside Mercy or Moira :slight_smile:

3 Likes