Rigged. Yes, it's Rigged

Call it BS all you want, but that’s what happens. Obviously, groupings and the active playerbase at the time you click on the “Competititve Play” button has to be taken into account, but the matchmaker only takes into account the current rank the account has gotten.

Matchmaking constructs team, that is close in average MMR to opposite team. But because it works with teams, and MMR isn’t always related to rank, you sometimes end up with really odd teams, like 5 gold 1 platinum, or similar for higher ranks, but against 6 lower platinum team - mistake in averaging, I guess.

No you didnt, you never showed anything even remotely proving rigged matchmaker, you only did few screenshots of your profile where we can see lost games. Like wth, how is that proof? If i go and throw 10 games and do screenshot of 10xloss, is that suddendly proof of rigged matchmaking? Of course not. So again, you never did show anything proving it, talking about it is not proof. If you did, provide link to recorded rigged loss stream. But we all know you will not :joy:

Ok, record it, its easy, record for example sample of 10 games as you played them game after game with sr gain showed so we know its not fake. I know you can stream, so no problem for you.

I have seen you playing, your way of playing is very weird, kind of unique in a way. But no way your mmr is higher because of it. If your mmr was higher, you would be gaining ton of sr for wins and losing only little.

Isnt this funny. You are talking how current system is rigged and yet you want system which will be rigged too, but in your favor.

This indicates low mmr and very poor performance in games.

Me talking about player skill and how to overcome bad team comps and throwers will not be enough proof for you anyway…but ok, you general ow skill is combination of things like game knowledge, social skill, reaction time, mechanical skill, inteligence, game sense,invested time and your hardware. You will have rank based on these atributes, if you cant climb, you are lacking in some of these aspect or seriously lacking in certain aspect, like playing at 20 fps for example.

Yes, you will have bad games and throwers, but enemy teams will have them too. But you can form 6 stack to overcome this issue for example. You dont want throwers or bad team comp? Form a team. See? It was easy, i just gave you proof how to overcome it with one of the aspect, with inteligence.

Depends on how good you are at the game, top500 skilled player will probably wont lose a game in bronze in 20 games, diamond player can lose one, gold player will lose maybe 6… Anyone can climb, your skill will decide how fast it will be.

I am not 1%, two years ago i did experimental run from bronze and climbed into gold. I was platinum player in that time, thats not 1% at all. I had rule to pick as last and tryed to pick something good for team. And i made it to mid gold when i stopped. See? Even player who is not 1% can climb.

I was/am mid/high plat player for a long time and in last 3 season i made new career high on all 3 roles. Another proof of how climbing is possible for people who are not 1%. My friend who was gold and plat for a long time made it to masters just recently. So people are climbing. How?by getting better at the game.

You have absolutely no clue what people are talking about here. No one said the matchmaker is singling people out because they hurt it’s feelings. It’s mind boggling how much you’ve missed the point of entire conversation that’s been going on about this stuff for years. Have you read a single thing anyone has said?

3 Likes

I dont think alot of these people can fathom that, in a game that is both competitive and people are ranked based on whose better, why trying to make the matches 50/50 chance would be rigged.

By its very nature, competitive is setup to be anti-competitive. You cant figure out whose best based on matches where you try to make it 50/50 chance of winning.

1 Like

I return to OW after a few months. The first few matches were nice. I met people who have good aim and are willing to communicate. Managed to go from 2500 to almost 2800 on both Tank and Support. But why the 5 most recent matches has to be unwinnable? I met people instant pick hero, refuse to change even when being hard countered, people who never listen to my callout. We were steamrolled. In one of the 5 matches, four teammates leave one by one so I just stand there, powerlessly watching the enemy team push payload. Coincidence? No it’s rigged.

2 Likes

Exactly. It’d be like the NBA having to switch teams up every single game of basketball to force every game to have 50/50 odds. The best players would be sandbagged with the worst teammates. If a player got hot, they’d switch it up again to counter him even harder.

Why the hell do you keep thinking that the matchmaker intentionally gives you the worst teammates after winning? Is your ego really that out of control?

3 Likes

Ill tell you what. This nonsense was never more apparent then, when i mained mcree several seasons ago. I was easily hitting 35-50 headshots a game with 60-70 acc. Couldnt make it out of plat even though i was destroying, my team would just evaporate around me.

3 Likes

If thats what you got from his post, you need to re-read it. In order for two teams to have the same mean skill level, the high level outliers will be balanced out with low skill level players. Because mmr doesnt diverge significantly enough from ones sr, things like throwers/smurfs cant be calculated in properly. So a single normal player on a hotstreak can end up looking the same as a smurf. Or a single poor playing player, can end looking like a thrower in the eyes of the matchmaker.

The end result is that match skill levels are not normalizing the way they should, so match quality is hot garbage tier at virtually every rank.

1 Like

I don’t think its rigged but i think there are some factors that make it feel that way…

like i have a folder full of pictures showing a obvious sway in wins and losses. I have about 40 pictures that have 7 wins 3 loses over and over and over mind you these are all on separate accounts and stuff as well it just feels weird especially when you do get throwers and leavers.

I just think the match maker can set you up for failure some times i have a lotttt of accounts … a lott and I still question the matchmaker some days. I’m all for a rework of the MM to be honest lol.

1 Like

no one is saying that this happens on purpose. it‘s just the weakness of an automated system that tries to calculate and „balance“ team-strength.

3+2+3 = 8 = team 1
5+2+1 = 8 = team 2

not hard to understand.

1 Like

I do feel like any kind of discussion about topic like this is completely pointless. People like Receipt or Kapoof will never stop believing their rigged matchmaking theory. No facts or arguments help if you have blind faith into something. They have to find out truth on their own eventualy. But they will probably never will and its making me trully sad(i am not kidding) . What is even more sad is fact that they often refuse any kind if help offered to the.

I will say this: yes game has leavers, throwers, smurfs and trolls and climbing is hard. I honestly say its hard and time consuming because of random element. But thats it, anyone willing to learn and improve can climb with enough dedication and time invested.

2 Likes

See, this says to me that you can’t even comprehend the simple concept of picking kindergarten kickball teams.

You win a lot.
The game has to force even matches.
You MUST. HAVE TO. Play with worse teammates in order for Blizz to force an even match.

That’s it.

It’s simple. Tommy, the kid who can kick that ball really really far and keeps scoring all the points wants to play more kickball. Well, unless you want him to have a totally unfair game of kickball, he MUST play with Jimmy, the math kid with glasses who’s never kicked a ball in his life. I mean… this is what making even teams means. And a lot of us can plainly see it happening in Overwatch.

There is NO WAY that everyone at 2100 is the same skill. If so, that’d be neat. But they’re not. You have literal throwers. You have level 26 hanzos who can’t hit a shot. You also have great tanks you know how to push. You have people who know how to group up, and people who do not know how to group up. Blizzard insists on trying to make even matches every game. Instead of just letting 2100s play 2100s, they want to go a step further and have a hidden rating in order to force matches to be as even as possible.

Well, there is absolutely no way they can do that unless they’re looking at people’s recent games and trying to create teams where all the best players are not on the same team. So, if you are a hot player… you WILL receive teammates that can’t group, that can’t hit a shot.

Get over this idea that we think the matchmaker took it personally and thinks Kapoof needs to lose because i hurt it’s feelings by being too good. That’s just silly.

It forces even teams. There is no way to do that unless someone who’s outperforming their SR is stuck with one, two, maybe three players who are not cutting it lately.

3 Likes

I agree with everything you said in this topic with exception of this. Players in one match dont have same mmr. They can have mmr difference in hundreds points of sr/mmr. But average mmr if team is ± always the same.

But i have to say that you explained some stuff in this topic very well :slight_smile:

Average MMR of each team is the same, is that what you’re saying?

If so, then just say YOU have the highest MMR in that game. Who’s on your team?

I dont think i understand you. I can be person with lowest mmr in match just as highest, it depends where i fit with my mmr for matchmaker.

Lets talk with example where everyone will have sr=mmr, everyone is exactly at sr where he belongs match Ing their sr with mmr.

Team 1:

Team 2

If i am 2700 i will be placed into this game so teams have same average mmr.

Your 5+2+1 example does not happen in a game UNLESS the 5 and 1 actually group up OR the online playerbase at the time is very low. And remember, the groupings can be maximum of 1000 SR, and that’s only at Diamond and below. Not to mention that the matchmaker doesn’t even recognize that concept in the first place.

You’ll probably with something to the effect of there being a “player at SR 2000 that’s a 5 and another player at SR 2000 that’s a 1 and they’re placed on the same team to balance the game”. That is NOT what MMR is.

Here’s the truth: ALL players that have an SR of 2000 have the same MMR.

The game does not see your 3+2+3 balanced with a 5+2+1 example. All it sees is 2.5+2.5+2.5 vs 2.5+2.5+2.5, and it does not care how each player got to 2.5.

The matchmaker finds an “even match” by matching your current rank and nothing else but your current rank to others with the same rank, but it does have to consider groupings. It does not look at your record of the last 10 games or so, and it does not look at anyone else’s record over the last 10 games or so or whatever you think it does. It does not give a damn who is “hot” or “cold”, you’re just matched by your rank, period.

1 Like

What I’ve been trying to express is that MMR is not a differentiator between players of the same SR. That’s why I do say that, especially if at a primetime playing hour, if all 12 players are solo queue and all 12 players are, say, gold at SR 2400-ish, then all 12 players basically have the same MMR. There is no “balancing good players with bad players”, it’s just putting ranks close enough to each other in the same game.

well the game tries to find games where you have a 50% chance of winning…the moment you or someone else says anything critical or thinks anything critical to or of a team mate…you increased your chance of loosing by 25%…so keep a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA). supplemets with St johns wort, lemon balm and passion flower…ie calming supplements or chocloate help. Use objective suggestions that benefit the person whom you’re trying to win over. Like: can you play X hero so i can combo my ultimate with you…sometimes it works…but dont let it get to you if it doesn’t.

Also, people love compliments. people will vie for compliments. why? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: people have huge ego’s. a nifty psychological tool in your armory. 100% will boost morale and has HUGE potential to turn the tide of a game.

1 Like