Rigged. Yes, it's Rigged

Took a week off.

Matchmaker forgot how to screw me over.

Absolutely stomped 4 games in a row.

Okay, the matchmaker gets a taste of how to force me into even matches…

5th game, TWO throwers standing there doing nothing at all.

6th game. Reddit Lucio not helping the team at all, and an actual new player hitting “S” all day as Orisa.

It’s rigged. 100%.

As soon as you stand out, the game HAS to cancel you out for the sake of an “even match”

Instead, how about trust your SR system and let people actually rank up without artificially screwing them over with some hidden Matchmaking crap.

This happens every single time. It’s got nothing to do with my rank going up 100SR. I’ve been much higher. It’s got nothing to do with how i suddenly forgot how to play or can’t handle games. It’s got everything to do with…

The system just tossed me in some games. I stomped those games. The system thought it wasn’t fair enough. The system over worked in order to give me bad players. Except, with throwers and trolls these days… that becomes and auto-loss.

Horrible system, they show now faith in their SR system. They actively screw over hot players and force hard mode on them just to favor an “even match”

87 Likes

It seems you still not get it. You are where you belong based on your skill. Every win streak or loss streak is completely based on luck in that case. Its not rigged.

33 Likes

Nope! I can see when the games are just games. When you’re away from the game for a while, and it just tosses you into random games. Those, we stomp. Every single time. It’s NEVER randomly just hard. No, it’s only ever artificially hard when the system observes a few games and then does it’s best to cancel you out with some idiot teammates. Every single time? That is not random at all.

I believe you have your head in the sand when it comes to this game. For some reason, you still trust that devs simply create a game and hope it’s good enough for people to play it for years.

No. Blizz spent MILLIONS to build this system, and there is no way they’d just create random matches with it. They will do anything to keep people playing. Including forcing even matches. Well, there is absolutely no way to do that without handicapping the matches.

And today again, i could plainly see that at work.

37 Likes

So what you’re saying is that, if its fair, you always win

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

20 Likes

I love how you said this when it’s literally you who does.
You really have no self awareness, do you?

3 Likes

It doesnt matter if you were away or not. Every match is random.

Sorry but its you who have head in sand and sadly its most likely reason why you cant climb and keep higher elo. Its your mentality. I dont need to trust devs, i have seen me climbing on my own eyes multiple times. I have seen my friends climb, i have seen climbing on accounts which were supposedly stuck in ELO hell by rigged system. Its just in your head, forget the “rigged” idea and focus on getting better. If you have troubles with that, me or someone else i know can help you with coaching. Interested?

Btw what do you expect to experience if you have winning streak like 4 games? Do you realize you will be playing agaisnt better people who are higher? Of course games will be harder to win.

6 Likes

I thought you quit? If you really believe that it’s a rigged game and you have no hope (it’s not, and you would if you worked to improve at something other than whining on the forums) then why do you even play it?

It sounds like you might enjoy something single-player, it doesn’t seem like Overwatch is your kind of challenge.

4 Likes

I’m saying the game loses confidence in how to make a match with you if you’ve been away. So, it just tosses you in some random matches.

If you show the system that it’s not an even match when it tosses you into games with typical players of that rank, it then has to work hard to force it’s even match. That is not fair to a player who should be ranking up faster. To FORCE them to play with throwers just because they’re doing well.

Yeah, i really need to improve when i log on and STOMP. And i mean STOMP 4 games in a row when the system isn’t sure how to make a match with me. I really need to improve when my two losses are from literal throwers just running out, standing there and dying over and over. My fault. Yeah.

You guys don’t get it. I never said players shouldn’t bother to improve. I never said i should be masters. I’m saying that i can see the system at work, and that it’s extremely unfair.

You enjoy stomping 4 games in a row, only to have your SR taken away by two obvious thrower games in a row? Or maybe you never stomp?

13 Likes

Hey, we’re making progress!

Yes, you need to improve if you want to climb. Variance is a factor in literally every game and Overwatch is no different there - but there is definitely a difference between someone who can maintain Platinum and someone who can’t get out of Bronze.

If you want to climb, get good.

5 Likes

Way to twist my words.

The game forces even matches, no?

Then it’s rigged. Because it HAS to counter hot players.

Period.

You don’t think that means rigged, but it does.

18 Likes

lately I have come to look at it not so much as handicapped as being tested for whether you belong at a higher rank by seeing if you can carry against a stronger team.

I think the fact that it seems to draw throwers and leavers a lot has to do with players doing poorly being more likely to tilt or leave games.

try not to think of it is rigged. if you can’t beat a stronger team with weaker teammates then they conclude that you are at roughly the correct rank

3 Likes

People have been telling you for 3 years and counting that you are being delusional about the matchmaker, and many of them have suggested that you stop playing this game and move on to another one, probably single-players or at least games that are way less team-reliant, because your posts the entire time have told us that you just aren’t good at working with others.

7 Likes

But you talk about something else. By your logic yes, you can say system is rigged to force even games so both teams have same chance to win, but thats fair system.

But you dont really talk about that. You are talking about system targeting you as a individual, to rigg game so you will lose and thats nonsense.

3 Likes

No. The game tries to find even matches based on rank. That doesn’t mean that you’re going to win every game.

Again, if you think you are incapable of improving or climbing or beating the system or however you want to word it, then why are you still playing? Why do you spend so much time stressing over it, and why do you spend so much time pushing your conspiracy theories? Misery loves company?

4 Likes

“People?” Or YOU?

Because i’ve seen HUNDREDS of people agree that it is handicapping games.

Yet the same few people on these forums claiming it’s totally fine and legit and not suspicious at all. They haven’t presented a single compelling argument that it’s NOT handicapping matches.

Everyone who shares their experience with odd streaks, and what seems like handicapping… that’s perfectly in line with my experience as well.

12 Likes

That means absolutely nothing. If it did, then the world would have made itself flat to support popular belief for a good chunk of history. :laughing:

6 Likes

Yet we know for a fact that the earth is round.

So, let’s have Blizzard open up the code. Show us for a fact, exactly how the matchmaking works.

They won’t. Because they know in order to make even matches, they have to make even teams. Which means if someone just stomped 4 games, well, you’re gonna have to play hard mode or it would not be fair.

7 Likes

it’s their private property that they created on their own dime and with their own time, and they have absolutely no obligation to provide any more information than they already have. If you don’t like it, then play something else because your confirmation bias is only going to continue the feedback loop with your conspiracy theories and you will only become unhappier.

If you actually “stomped” 4 games then clearly you should be able to handle yourself at a higher tier, right?

“Hard mode” as you put it is you going against more difficult opponents because you just climbed and now you need to maintain your new rank.

If you can’t handle games that are 100 SR higher then

1. You didn’t stomp - your team did and
  2. They carried you past what you can handle.

Otherwise, you’re saying that there’s no difference between ranks, which we already know is demonstrably untrue.

So get good or find another game, because it’s not rigged and Blizzard doesn’t have to prove anything to you.

8 Likes

if it isn’t rigged (not saying it is), it sure feels like it is

7 Likes

so why do you think the matchmaker hates specifically you?

1 Like