Rigged. Yes, it's Rigged

exactly, but, the match maker DOES NOT mirror those MMRs AND roles. until the highest MMR is mirroed with the roles we’ll continue to have generally poor match making.

I mean, today. Just another example.

Yesterday, we won about 7 of 8 games. Great. Cool. 2170. Yippee.

Today. THE FIRST GAME we have a literal thrower saying “gg” 30 seconds into the match, then just trolling. I look at his profile. Last season, 2700. This season, 1900. He’s throwing. He has 1 endorsement.

I might think “whatever, just luck” but it’s not. I’ve seen this hundreds of times before, and my duo partner and i PREDICTED IT. Let’s see what kind of throwers we get today. Sure enough, like clockwork. Guaranteed thrower after logging off for the night, after a win streak.

2nd game… a 1 endorsement Sombra doing nothing, and a Hamster who never helped save the point. Easy LOSS.

I know two game isn’t going to prove anything. But all i can say is…

“That’s Overwatch for ya!” hardy har har. It’s a meme at this point. Rigged as hell.

(queue quarters typing some bs about how we made it happen)

2 Likes

It does mirror it with roles though. That’s what it is doing.

show me in the patch notes where the match maker has ever been updated to reflect 2-2-2. its still using the same mechanics as when the game launched, which didn’t have roles. how then can it be mirroring roles … and still producing grossly unbalanced steam roll matches?

1 Like

There is no forced losing in this game and anyone who says otherwise is misinformed or trolling. The Actual SR Adjustment from win/lose is however not properly working as it seems to reward or not reward random things out of your control entirely.

And I’m saying this right now, what you’re assuring me is wrong. SR is NOT used at all in matchmaking. MMR is the only thing. And that’s why matchmaking is random other than finding people for you to take on close to your rank and with teammates close to your rank.

1 Like

I mean, you’ve been given the offer to record your games, coaching, etc. You rejected them all. And you even went into a VOD review topic (unprovoked I might add) and told that person that they probably weren’t doing anything wrong and that the game was intentionally rigged. Is there anything else wrong you might want to try?

4 Likes

if this is the case, and jeff didnt mis-speak, how can ml7 do a bronze to GM and not be getting GM matches while being in silver SR bracket.

explain that.

That is EXACTLY the point.

People are saying that they are better than their rank, but they’re getting held back INTENTIONALLY by the matchmaker by being intentionally given worse players at the same rank. That is WRONG. Everyone is given teammates of the same rank (obviously, stacking into groups has to be taken into account) and takes on an enemy team of the same rank. And the matchmaker does not give a damn how everyone in the game got to the rank they currently have. ALSO, MMR IS-IS-IS-IS-IS-IS-IS the rank. MMR is NEVER used to differentiate “good” and “bad” players at the same SR. I have to emphasize the IS part because there are people that believe in the intentional handicapping/rigging/etc., and we’re saying that it does not happen.

This is EXACTLY why people exist in different ranks, and why ML7, for example, among many other examples, can do Bronze to GM. It’s not rigged to keep people down. This is also why people who get their accounts boosted end up dropping back to their appropriate rank.

2 Likes

if SR is NOT used, then ml7 who would have a +3 MMR would never be matched against silver players whilst in the silver bracket. yet he is. you claim, based on one thing Jeff said in one video, that ONLY MMR is used.

MMR is based on personal ability, as has been stated multiple times. its a hidden rating base don how well you play against the rest of the lobby.

your claim then, is while ML7 is in silver on these runs, he doesn’t in fact have a +3 MMR despite obviously having personal skill well above anyone else in silver.

nothing in our example closes the loop here. you said SR is NEVER used, only MMR.

again, how can ml7 who obviously has a +3 MMR, how can he be in silver, matched against other silvers if SR is NOT used by the match maker?

Again, MMR is NOT a differentiator between “good” and “bad” players of a given SR. MMR was NEVER stated to be based on personal ability. MMR was ONLY stated to be your current rank.

This is what I am stating: if ML7 is playing on a lower ranked account, THAT account is NOT ranked at MMR +3. THAT is why you’re supposed to report intentional throwing when someone is intentionally throwing games to play at a lower rank. And THAT is why after IDDQD tried it, people have gotten in trouble for doing Bronze-to-GM runs, especially on stream.

+3 MMR means you are at high GM.
-3 MMR means you are at low Bronze/below SR 500.
0 MMR means the median. You’re at mid-Gold.
Look up “Standard Deviation” to figure out MMR +1, MMR -1, MMR +2, and MMR -2. THAT is what MMR is. And the matchmaker only cares about what MMR your account got to. That’s why Bronze-to-GM is frowned upon and even bannable.

fine, lets go with your explanation.

a team could still be comprised of 1 high MMR player relative to current rank and 5 low MMR players facing off against 6 average MMR (trending towards lower but still average). or, a high MMR (again relative to rank) support with 5 lower MMRs facing off against a mirrored high MMR DPS and 5 lower MMRs resulting in piss poor games.

i really dont care about ranks and climbing my major issue is the game to game quality being off since 2-2-2. if your explanation is actual fact, fine, idc as the current game to game experience is awful at times, weekends being the worst.

f*** what the bronze players are saying about forced losses, im not on about that. what i see are 66% steam rolls one way or the other with the other 33% mixed between good games and i’d say of that 33% only 5% or so have leavers which ruin that particular game. end result is under 30% of the game are actually ‘good’ games.

I had a 25 win streak and was doing really good. I hit Plat for both Support and Tank. Then I hit Plat for Damage (DPS). Most matches I was in all 6 players used voice chat.

Then suddenly I get in these completely unwinnable matches. As Orrissa I have four Gold with 9 Gold Elims and 2,000 damage gold. But then that happens again and again. So I change to support and get four golds with 6 Gold elims, Silver Damage, and Gold Heals and lose again cause our tanks and dps dont know whats going on and are terrible.

I am playing just as good if not better than when I was constantly winning. But now every match is unwinnable as the enemy team is full of smurf master top 500 players and my team is full of throwers.

Now I have lost 15 matches in a row in support, dps, and tank. I dropped down to low gold while playing better than when I was climbing to Plat. During these losses I noticed nobody is in voice chat except maybe two of us.

This is rigged forced losses as the last 15 matches we were steam rolled with no hope of winning that my team gives up saying “gg” even before the match is half over.

PS - Bronze to GM. The GM can do this because he is playing at a level double the skill of an average Diamond player. This does NOT explain why a Gold or Plat player playing at Gold or Plat skill level will go on a 15+ loss streak when playing against players of his own skill level.

2 Likes

Hold up, you keep using the line of “relative to current rank”. What I’m telling you is the following: your “current rank” is your current rank. The matchmaker does not care how you got to your “current rank”. That’s why if there were 6 players doing Bronze-to-GM runs, you absolutely can get all 6 players on the same team vs 6 normal players and thus a stomp like hell could happen. The matchmaker does not know or care about “relative to current rank”, it just cares about “current rank”.

1 Like

yes, and the match maker will still put a team of ‘average’ ability together using relatively similar MMRs. this could mean one great MMR, relative to the rest, anchoring or carrying 5 relatively bad MMRs.

this would be ok, IF, the anchor MMRs were mirrored by role across teams. meaning, if support on one team is in the anchor MMR role, then support on the other needs to be as well. it feels like anchor MMRs are often opposing roles though leading to the steam rolls where a relatively high MMR support can’t out heal the damage of a relatively high MMR DPS resulting in team fight after team fight going one way.

Happens every single time. It is rigged, somehow. Maybe it’s simply looking at current winners and trying to stick them with losers in some hope that things even out. Maybe it’s putting teams together, and you’ve outperformed your rank so that it has to find worse and worse teammates to make an even match. Maybe the system, for some ungodly reason, has an SR in mind for you by looking through your stats, and is trying to nudge you there.

Whatever it’s doing, it’s wrong. It shouldn’t be trying to do anything at all. Not even force even matches. SR should be SR, and just trust that a game of random 2100s should be pretty even. If someone is too good for that, they easily win. They should not get a tougher match through the team balance just to prove they can win a 2100 game.

I want to add that I am a true Mid Plat player. I have stayed in Mid plat to high Plat in all 19 Seasons. Whenever I do really good and get on a 20+ win streak then suddenlty I start getting the worst teams ever that no matter how well I do as Support or Tank our team suffers a steam roll loss after another and another and another until I drop down to low Gold only to climb back to Plat again and again.

Its stupid to win 25+ matches to get to mid plat. Then lose over and over to drop to low Gold only to go back on a 25+ win streak and end up back at mid plat again with people accusing me of being a smurf when I was in low gold climbing back up to Plat again.

I am not a smurf. Its not my fault I was placed in bad matches by the matchmaker and ended up being too good for low gold only to climb back to plat again with steamroll wins.

The matchmaker is terrible.

3 Likes

Your “one great MMR anchoring 5 relatively bad MMRs” example is incorrect. Firstly, we’re been telling you that MMR is NOT even used for that purpose. The only way you’d get “high MMR” matched with “low MMR” is if those players were grouped together in the first place. The example of that happening would be a Diamond player at SR 3300 that intentionally grouped with a Gold player at SR 2301 since that’s still permitted.

That’s why we have been trying to tell you that there’s no such thing as “high MMR relative to the current rank they have”. Rank is your rank and you’re matched accordingly, BUT it has to take into account groupings, unless you think that a 6-stack vs 6 solo queuers is acceptable.

so you’re suggesting that everyone in any given match is exactly the same MMR? thats complete BS.

I"m sorry, I know you think you are special and the matchmaker is a living organism that hates you. Turns out the matchmaker doesn’t care what you get placed. Or whether you win or lose. Cuz you aren’t any more special than anyone else in the game.

1 Like