Rigged matching rewards mediocre players

I say it all the time at the end of the day the players are the problem for match making. Too many people que up who don’t care or don’t try but hey that’s life you know you can’t force fairness

2 Likes

People want a relaxed competitive experience. So they play lower on alts (look at Zax for example).

Ironically, this is an obvious contradiction.

What is competitive about playing relaxed?

Nothing and then they come on here and complain that the game is ruined
When they have stopped caring or haven’t done a single thing to improve.

1 Like

I am a Gold player. Climbed from Bronze to Gold. I do not smurf. I play in Gold.

And I can tell you that I do not face as many smurfs as everyone likes to believe. People have become way too paranoid about smurfs, where every new account is a smurf or a cheater. Usually smurfs can be recognized in the first minute of the game, and it is not always “omg, he killed 3 immediately.”

If there is an enemy WIdow or Ashe or Hanzo for example with a lvl. 40 account I am always cautious a bit, assuming it is a smurf, but once I see their position, I know that they are not.

If I play 10 games I might get smurfs in 2 of them. If I lose those 2 then, yeah ok, one might say I lost it because of the smurfs, but even that is not always true. but let’s assume it is. What about the other 8? Who is to blame if I lose the other 8?

My team being bad?

I get more players who want to do their own thing, not play as a team, not coordinate, play a DM going in 1 vs6, etc. in 90% of my matches. Who is to blame then? The System?

Both sides are a problem for regular players.

Smurfs who deliberately underperform to keep a low rank - but pop off often enough when their ego is at stake.

And bored throwers that haven’t put in a minimum amount of research and training about the game and its heroes.

The game fails to shift them to their “real” MMR / SR fast enough.

this logic is just too easy to accept mentaly, but without tryharding every game climb will not be possible, you can float around 50% with “smurfs will carry me pepega” but 50% is not enough. Also you cant consider yourself as a good player if your wr is below 70% and you are not GM yet. So in the end pepegas end up with golden border hardstuck in plat, and you will go up if you are carrying. The definition of carrying is be doing more than usual player at current rank.

People fail to understand basics, me included. I do not have delusions of grandeur how I deserve to be higher, but I pay attention to things in game. If I were any better at it, I would climb. But I am better than I was 5 months ago, and I am without any doubt certain that I could climb to Plat if I played more. I go a week without playing a single comp match. You cannot climb if you do not play. But the reason why I go a week without a comp match, or 2-3 comp games a week has nothing to do with the game, but personal, rl reasons.

Most people that come here and complain, do not do that, do not pay attention to what is happening in game. Not in a way that it is supposed to be done, so then they blame everything else on everything else. If smurfs were hypothetically in each and every one of your games, like every single time you Q up, literally, then yes, I would say that they are preventing you from climbing.

I am not a fast learner, not anymore, at least not when it comes to video games. No longer 18, but I have noticed that I still learn faster than people I play with who are way younger than me.

What I mean by noticing things in game are things like cooldown management, ult management, realizing that if you die 3 times in a row while going left, how many times do you have to die until you think that maybe this time you should go right. Those things have nothing to do with smurfs, Blizzard or MMR. Those things are all on you, and this game is all about cooldowns and ults.

If you have a smurf in your game, no matter what hero or role, even they will have to use their cooldowns at some point. What is preventing you from noticing those and using them to your advantage? What is preventing you to bait it out? (at this point I do not mean you personally, but you in general)

Seriously what? You not having your cooldowns available so you can engage? That is your fault. Patience, something I personally am not known for and have lost many games due to just that, patience. I get nervous, feel my body getting hot, my fingers start to twitch, trying to get certain things done asap, especially when it is like in the middle of the fight, when it is a mess. After looking at the replays (usually watch my replays the next day, when I am calm, more relaxed, more sane so to say :smiley: ), I always, and absolutely always notice how I was frantic in those key moments, not knowing what was happening, and if I was calm, rational, we could have maybe won. If I manage to do that, consistently, every match, I am going to be out of Gold in no time, hell maybe even reaching DIamond, maybe, who knows. What I do know is, I notice way more than my teammates do, way more, but I fail to execute things properly due to lack of mechanics and further more lack of calm, rational thinking. I see no reason why I would blame smurfs or Blizzard there.

That is what smurfs do when they play in your elo. Explore the lack of patience on your part, when it comes to cooldowns. Nothing else. They are more patient and rational than you are.

2 Likes

It is not excuse. I am simply explaining to you how things are. Smurfs exists, I have to beat them to climb too. Or not, because as I explained above, chance to face smurf is not really high.

I dont undestand why is it so hard for you. Just because I explain how things are, it doesnt mean its excuse.

Damn it does sound good lol, 13 %. I have never seen myself as that. I consider myself as player who is slightly above average rank, who few times peaked diamond. Keep in mind that I almost never actively played in diamond with exception of few games here and there.

And yes I am actualy very empathic person. I will not even bother to explain to you reasons why I play on alts with exception what I said because you will not understand it and use the “excuses” nonse again. I have my reasons and I will stop with that. But it doesnt mean It ever was pleasure for me to for example stomp people min low ranks. That was never my intention and it doesnt make me happy really. And I hate please who are typing stuff like EZ when smurfing.

But I guess you have some kind of twisted idea that every smurf is evil person without emapthy who like to stomp low ranked people for fun. Wrong, thats actualy rare.

LOL you wish, Diamond is a lot worse with smurfs than gold. Many high ranked players on alts will barely visit gold and plat. But since you cannot place account above diamond, all of them will go by that rank and not just few games.

If you face new account in gold, it can be smurf, it can new player or someone who is close to his elo. When you see low lvl account in Diamond, you know its good player (or cheater lol), as its rare to see not experienced players there.

Dude, just because diamond is my peak doesnt mean i play there. Like 95% of my time in overwatch is played in gold and plat. I am 36, when I am not playing actively a lot I am rusty as hell and my skill drops rapidly.

No its not, unless you have evidence for it. I was actualy trying to count number when you face smurfs in bronze-gold, smurfs who have significant impact on match and chance is like 5-10%.

I find it difficult to follow your posts.

At the beginning you act as the show-off and at the end you argue tame and wise and talk down your own skill level.

To be fair, I have no idea how to answer that. In my opinion, this looks like an attempt to get out of a rather unpleasant chain of arguments.

True to the motto “I didn’t mean that at all.” And “actually, I’m an old man myself who just wants to play a little. Please understand my situation. I’m actually very nice.”

You know what? I do not believe you. Either you are fooling yourself or us.

Just choose a side and stick with it. Whether you want to be the bragging know-it-all or the refined casual gamer is entirely up to you.

There are just a few core principles of fairness that are not debatable. For Overwatch these principles are: Play within your skill range and don’t disturb the other players on the ladder. It’s actually pretty simple and logical.

Where exactly? can you quote the line?

You can looks up my previous posts in older topics too. I have never talked about myself as someone who is excelent at the game. I usualy talk about myself as high plat player. I only mention diamond because thats my achievement. and it wasnt easy to get there when I did.

I think I understand what you mean now when I did read some first post and I would like to explain so I added you in OW. I cant explain it here.

I played against a Diamond player in a Gold match, so…

We’re friends now, btw. But just saying it isn’t common doesn’t make it not true.

I never said that you wont face smurfs, as I said you have like 5-10% chance in plat and below.

Did I mention this friend has a silver account, and plays to stay in silver?

I don’t know about you, but 100% of his games are rigged in his favor.

See somebody understands!

Thats actualy hilarious because people who are complaining about rigged games claim total opposite, games being made in favor of enemy team when they play well.

1 Like

I am mediocre, and that is mediocre at best and I never get rewarded.

1 Like

It’s possible that those players actually are strong players and were paired with weaker teammates against opponents of moderate skill.

Probably something to do with “accuracy” and 50/50 win chances, or whatnot.

But, imagine there’s actually a difference between two teams of players of equal skill, and two teams of vastly different skill that average to the same levels.
This would be the infamous “carry” game where the “carry” player gets rolled because their teammates are vastly inferior to the average skill of the opposition. This is why medians are used, instead of averages.

oh you suddenly have developed an understanding of Hyperbolic rethoric Zax. Ty for confirming that you pick and choose when to understand something based on wether you like it or not…

1 Like

Do you think I was serious when I typed it? Think about it.

1 Like