Ridiculous punishments

I received 3 ridiculous punishments I the last games and I’m totally mad with overwatch:
1- at the beginning of the game, my game got back to main menu. PSN problems. My internet was totally OK, but the game didn’t checked it, canceled the match and punished me severely.
2 - during the skirmish (that is supposed to be a waiting room) I had a Internet break. Punished severely again.
3 - during the game, several times, players leave. But the game still punishes the team like it was complete team. And I can’t leave bacause the punishment will scale even further reducing the endorsement level.

This game is frustrating me at epic levels…

1 Like

1.) If the PSN is having issues you shouldn’t play comp. If you don’t realize it’s having issues then it’s just unfortunate, nothing Blizzard can do about that. Hit it up with Sony.
2.) I’d recommend turn off skirmish (in the settings). In my experience the queue times are faster with it off and you can just relax and check your phone or whatever until it finds a game.
3.) Leavers are a big issue and there’s not an easy solution. Best solution for this is play with 1 or more other people that you trust won’t leave you mid-game, this way you will have a lower chance of having leavers on your team. You can either play with your friends or find people using the new LFG (looking for group) system. You don’t have to play with 6, but 6 players you trust will almost guarantee you don’t have a leaver.
4.) Don’t allow yourself to get frustrated, you have full control over yourself. If you start to feel frustrated, take a step back, even mid-game, mute yourself if you have to, and don’t blame others for what’s going on. If you’re still heated you should take a break from the game, be it a 5 minute one or a few days, and return to the game when you’re ready to have fun and try at your best again.

Edit: Formatting.

1 Like

Doesn’t PSN always have network issues?

I never play with mic. It bring more harm than good. Its hard to concentrate, people keeps giving bad tips or blaming.

Thanks for the turn Off skirmish.

I thing the game is punishing too hard In situations out of my control. If someone rage quits a game of course he deserves a hard punishment, but a severe punishment for internet problems during skirmish, or PSN disconnects that is ridiculous

1 Like

These first two sounds like connection issues. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in red text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new topic in the technical support forum saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided.

This is suppose to happen, unfortunately, the results stand for all remaining teammates when there is a leaver (including player who disconnects) in order to ensure a fair Competitive enviroment and to avoid even WORSE leaver problems. Details on this policy can be found here:

Yeah I can understand that. I notice you play a lot of Sym and her new teleporter is really restricted when you don’t use a mic, but you play the way that helps you the most.

You’re welcome. : )

Right, but it’s impossible for Blizzard to tell if it’s intentional or not. People can just unplug their routers to make it look like the internet just went down, etc. there’s no good way around it at the moment.

Sounds like PSN d/c’s a lot, I’ve only had 1 d/c in my past 500 or so Comp games on PC, using my phone’s hotspot.

after playing a comp game, during the play of the game, I received a message saying my overwatch account was suspended. lol
like all the punishment for no reason wasn’t enough.
Have no idea what happened… people reported me because I played as symmetra? (we lost, I had 32 kills and 2 golds)
my psn disconnected during the play of the game? Don’t think that’s the case because it showed the suspension message to me…

Account actions cannot be discussed on the forums per the forum Code-of-Conduct. If you are suspended, you can try to appeal it here: