Rez is holding mercy back

Neither of these heroes are broken. At all.

This is literally just because they nerfed her healing so she can’t be used as a primary healer and is only valuable as a pocket bot slave while Ana does the actual healing.

This was not her optimal or common playstyle when she had 60 HPS. At all. And if her healing is buffed on experimental this week like I hope then this won’t be her optimal playstyle again. They might even nerf damage boost to 20-25%.

And I do like it. So who’s opinion matters more? :slight_smile:

By themself no, but when Mercy pockets them, they become broken, Ashe basically becomes a better Widow, and Pharah not has much anymore but she was a nightmare thanks to Mercy back then

That could work, but if they leave her DMG boost alone, it will continue to be an issue, a worse one

I know they won’t do anything, PTR was just a glorified ‘early access’. This new mode is mostly number tweaks so far.

That’s a problem with how strong Echo’s ult is which does need a nerf

1 Like

No, they don’t. Or they would actually have high pickrates. And they don’t. They become BETTER when Mercy pockets them, but so does every hero. Mercy can pocket Widow and Mcree too to also decrease their TTK drastically, what makes Ashe special?

Pharah was never a monster unless you suck at the game.

It never was though…did you play OW when Mercy had 60 HPS or are you just imagining stuff?

Eh, Echo is pretty meh. Only thing that needs a nerf is her beam range/damage maybe. Her ult is fine.

The Mass Rez in Echo ult interaction would be broken purely because she could get MANY of them off in the ult. Echo can’t really do that with any other ults in the game (bc you can’t start charging another one until the effect ends for many ults, or because they are transformation ults).

Ashe is able to one shot with Mercy

You never played in Console do you?, cause Pharmercy was such an issue that even the Top 500 was filled with Pharahs

Her dmg boost has always been an issue, just not has much back then

I think you guys are missing a key point.

Mercy’s heal is very easy to use. The characters with constant, reliable, and easy to use heals are off healers, ie. Lucio, Brigitte, Zenyatta, and the characters with either difficult or limited heals are main healers.

Mercy’s heal is constant, infinite, and auto aimed. Buff it into main healer numbers and this could cause a serious balance issue. I’m not against Mercy being a main healer, but it seems she would need a total redesign to be one.

1 Like

So? Widow and Hanzo can do it without Mercy. Ashe is a sniper…that’s what Snipers do…stand behind a shield or dive Ashe maybe?

Then don’t buff them on console. It’s not hard. Like how they only buffed Ana on console in Feburary but not on PC.

But the main game is balanced around competitive PC overwatch and OWL. Not console.

And before anyone points at Moira

She has a resource meter, she cant heal infinitely

Exactly, and she has to be in close range to use it.

Hanzo is a projectile

Widow has a lot of downsides

Ashe doesnt have the same downsides Widow has, such has the Tunnel vision caused by her scope, or being considerably slower, or needing to charge her shots

No, I think you’re missing a key point: Mercy can’t multitask.

Lucio and Zen are off healers because they heal ON THE SIDE, for a small amount, and deal out damage while they are healing. A LOT of damage in Zen’s case.

Mercy JUST heals or JUST damage boosts. Zen orb has 40m range and no aim, no reload, no cooldown. It does 30 HPS. He can shoot and discord people while it’s out.

Mercy beam has 15m range, no aim no reload no cooldown, and it does 50 HPS. She can’t shoot or damage boost anyone while it’s out.

Mercy and Moira have the same healing range…

Please tell me you are trolling? She’s literally SUPPOSED to be a main healer and SUPPOSED to do the most healing in the game. Both Devs have said this multiple times.

Jeff in an Interview:
We want the top two things you notice about Mercy to be, “Oh my God, she’s an amazing throughput healer,” and “Wow, look at that mobility, she’s just flowing back and forth through the map.” And we don’t want her to be the resurrect bot that’s just erasing kills.

Jeff on the old forums:

"We think the direction she’s moving in is better for everyone – Mercy mains and non-Mercy players. Having a primary healer who was hiding under a bridge telling people to “die on the point” was not our idea of optimal. We think Valkyrie is a very engaging and dynamic ultimate and Mercy’s role as a primary healer is very clear now. But resurrect is too powerful and needs to be toned down. We’re not going to throw the baby out with the bath water on this one. We’re iterating until she’s in a good place. We appreciate your patience with us while we do that."

Also, Mercy had 60 HPS for the first 3 years of the game and wasn’t even considered good or meta until she had instant rezzes after the rework. Ana was always the better main healer. 60 HPS is not game breaking at all.

She is also AoE and has heal orb…not comparable to Single Target Mercy at all.

The Group with a mercy can revive one Person with her Ult. And the Eco in the other Team can revive the entire Team. Very, very smart.

And when she was a main healer she saw play in every game. If you think her nerf from 60hps to 50hps is solely due to rez, we just have to agree to disagree.

No, she didn’t. She was an offmeta pick for a year with 60 HPS UNTIL she was reworked to have instant rez on E and multiple instant rezzes in Valk. Instant rez made her OP, not 60 HPS. Ana was far better than Mercy before the rework, and Mercy had 60 HPS back then.

60 HPS Mercy was only played a lot in Season 9-10 after the Rez nerfs because it was double sniper meta and grav dragon and she was used to damage boost Hanzo ult to kill through Trans in graviton, and to rez her snipers. Healing wasn’t making her picked at all. Healing is useless against one shots, and it was double sniper meta. Rez was making her be picked.

I mean I actually play the game at the top level and see how balance works and have listened to multiple pro player’s opinion on this, including Seagull who said the HPS nerf was a gross mistake, but sure we can agree to disagree.

How can you think that HEALING made her picked in double sniper meta and not rez and damage boost? If you had no Mercy, as a Widow player, you had no second chance and no damage boost. Healing wasn’t saving you from the enemy Widow one shotting you, rez was.

The Devs are doing a support balance patch this week and I have a feeling Mercy is getting a healing buff on it.

2 Likes

I’d rather replace it with something to use mid-fight, and revert her heals to 60 hps,

i really dont like rez in its current form

They can effectively keep rez AND give her a midfight ability.

Let her use rez on living teammates to burst heal them and put it on half the cooldown (15 seconds or 10 seconds). Instant cast, burst of like 100 health or something. Could even have it cleanse them.

And then if she uses rez on a dead soul it works like normal rez and goes on 30 second cooldown.

Bam, Rez isn’t deleted but Mercy has options to have midfight power and you could technically play the game without using Rez once, using it as a burst heal instead.

Could even nerf Rez a bit to compensate, and give her 60 HPS back.

Idk I feel like the Devs will never remove it, they put too much resources into it including tons of voicelines.

1 Like

That would be effective tbh, or just give rez an aoe effect? It would help so my teammate doesn’t die while im stuck in a 2 second cast :upside_down_face:

Maybe a minor valk buff, or visual buff, its kinda lacking too imo

Also yeah, rez isn’t going anywhere, i just dont like E-rez

Feel e-rez created more issues than fixed them tbh

1 Like

That could work too. It’s a horrible feeling when you rez someone and then watch as someone next to you gets attacked and dies because you couldn’t heal them.

Yeah, the visuals need a huge upgrade. The only part that looks different/cool during her ult is her wings, but you don’t even see them. Only the enemy/your team sees them. Her beams should be big and bright and powerful looking.

1 Like

The amount of times this happened, it hurts, same with beam disconnect on valk, it sucks :pensive:

Another grip i have with this ult, its pretty boring looking. Her wings, amazing! But i cant see them… Also i wish it was a bit more decision making, maybe give the main beam more heals, so i could actually feel like i prioritize someone.

Also remove infinite ammo and give her just faster fire rate, that would probably be better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even tho i DO agree that Res is holding Mercy back, its such an iconic ability for her, its what makes her Mercy. Its gonna be super sad for such an amazing yet strong ability to be removed.

2 Likes