Revert mercy's movement

Ok so I do still think Mercy is at least pretty good (healing changes are good) if she stays behind cover most of the time but THAT’S the problem. Is she strong when doing that? Maybe in this meta but is she fun? NOOOOOO. Not in the slightest. All im doing is sitting behind a wall pocketing my sniper and thats supposed to be fun? What made Mercy fun for me was her movement. Always repositioning and dodging ults were what gave me the best feelings while playing her and now I cant do that as easily anymore. All I want is for her to be not too strong but not too weak and most of all, FUN. An op character like orisa is not fun to play because theres no challenge and a weak(can be countered so many ways) character like rein also is not fun because it feels like you arent doing anything. A fun character is a character that takes skill, and you get rewarded for having that skill. In Mercy’s case, that skill was her movement and with a longer cd, all the movement skills we learned cannot be brought into game as often and it doesn’t “raise her skill ceiling because it takes more cd management” NO. GA is prob as impactful as a soldier run which takes 0 seconds. The only way to make up for this is if your dps keeps this nerf at the back of their mind and move slower for you (which if they do, theyre sweet at heart so plss cherish them)

Overwatch fantasies aside, the devs somehow manage to bring the worst of both worlds. Damage boost is still op on certain dps and mercy lost most her fun because of the GA cd. Tbh, I really dont know how they do it.

I thought I wouldn’t rank up as Mercy because she would be weak, but I just realized I wouldn’t rank up with her because she is boring and I simply wouldn’t have the drive to play her even if I do well

11 Likes

even just bringing it back to 2 seconds instead of 2.5 would feel sooo much better. i really hope they at least consider it :pray:

5 Likes

1.8 secs would be perfect

4 Likes

I’ve honestly left mercy now when having these changes and i’ve started to play kiriko more.

Mercy is no way fun anymore and it really sucks! She’s my favorite support to play and now with her changes i’m just bored and don’t feel the energy to play ow at all…But i push through and play other heroes anyway.

Maybe instead of 3 they could tone her GA down to 2.5 or something like that?? Having 3 seconds butchered her movement and you almost can’t survive if you’re in the battle.

It’s almost as if you need to go back and play hide and seek mercy again and trying to connect your healing/dmg beam through walls or something.

I seriously hope they change it!

5 Likes

+1 Exactly one week ago today, I only play with Kiriko… until they fix Mercy, I won’t play her.

4 Likes

We can’t always get what we want and we can’t always have best of both worlds man. In most games high mobility characters have either less HP, Less DMG or they aren’t too powerful on their own.

Now typically for high mobile healers they don’t heal too much or they have more dmg than healing or just small heals and high utility. Mercy though. . . I don’t know man seems a little unfair HIGH mobility, HIGH healing and a Rez? She doesn’t even lose in the DMG category either the only issue with her gun honestly is that it isn’t hitscan.

Imagine if it was? Swear DPS Mercy be very legit.

Yeah i honestly probably won’t touch mercy either until they fix it, she just feels so horrible to play atm.

I would rather just play moira, ana and kiriko instead lol.

2 Likes

I support , revert GA cooldown to what it was :+1::+1:

5 Likes

It’s actually 2.5. :wink:

1 Like

Like in the game right now? I thought it was on a 3 sec cooldown??

2 Likes

I think 2 second would have been a better start but i think reduce it my .25 and see if still to long then got to 2. Then keep going till its just right

if anything just revert her to pre alien movement buffs

1 Like

1.8 secs would’ve been perfect because it would not atleast kill the fluidity of her movement

The problem is the was how free it was to use it gave no time to kill her thats why one shots became meta was to deal with the insane hps and to kill mercy became if they can use ga effectively they dont die because support at least i have notice just lach one another and are unkillable. And this is coming from a support main

full revert of the movement, lower the travel speed slightly

Why? because people find too hard to aim to a character that flies up and forward in a straight line every 2 seconds? You better not play Splatoon never if you find hitting a Mercy difficult.

This while Kiriko can negate ultimates with a button and Ana can disable an entire game mechanic, yes, definitely Mercy movement was the problem.

Nah it needs to he the same as before, 1,5

look i also wanna the same 1.5 secs. But the anti mercy community will be like no thats bad for the game. nerf mercy again

It really doesn’t bother me honestly. Only time the 1.5 came in handy was when I GA’d into a stupid position. It’s more punishing to do that now and I’m fine with it. People all sorts of overdramatic, still pulling 12-14k healing games with 3-4 or less deaths plenty. The healing is so much better now. My average lives saved has like doubled per round. Keeping criticality injured people alive is what medics do.

1 Like

The thing is GA is not the main issue. All the complaints of Mercy’s movement come from SJ, not GA (besides backwards GA, which just got nerfed as well)

They just nerfed the wrong thing in the wrong way