Revert Mercy Beams?

I remeber clearly that when beams got changed on PTR and pros were playing with “updated” version, we still had old beams on live servers.
So why not make current beams only for OWL and give us old version or better new one

The “new” beams have always been ugly

2 Likes

Still waiting
7 characters required

I honestly dont mind.

Theyre both k.

This is brilliant, lol.

I understand that it was done for OWL so people could see better since both beams are the same colour.
However I remeber clearly that when beams got changed on PTR and pros were playing with “updated” version, we still had old beams on live servers.
So why not make current beams only for OWL and give us old version or better new one

I guess because they want viewers to feel “related” to what the gameplay is and they won’t “feel the same way” if Mercy had different beams.

To counter this, I feel like we should be given the option to select what animations we want to use. so you can change between new and old beams.

1 Like

I guess we can only wish for this…

1 Like

Her damage beam is not even a beam, but 2 intersecting polygons. You can see it for yourself if damage boost somebody and look the opposite way …it will look like this +
Her healing beam is just ugly, personally feels like im playing on low graphics. Its too bright and 2 strings are far way from each other with empty space in between

Hopefully Mercy will get new beams with new rework

Doesn’t sound like a rework is likely, judging from the things Geoff has said :frowning:

What? Where? When?..

Wait, have they recentally commented about the movement? :astonished:

Said here:

no plans for reworks and he specifically said in a streamer interview they do not want to rework mercy but I can’t remember which stream, perhaps Emongg’s.

Not specifically about the movement, but the #RevertMercy movement didn’t change their minds in the past and I doubt this one will.

The ONLY way they will change their minds, imo, is if pros come forward and say they want a Mercy rework. Which is unlikely because the pros have said on many occasions that they don’t like Mercy.

Well then…
Lets pray, fellow peasants, that elite of OW will grant us mEЯcY… and OW Gods will allow us to have some fun in their game

I remeber they said the change is for the enemy to spot where Mercy was. Since the old one was “hard” to spot, who know what they are thinking.

I could be wrong, but in my book, they changed her beams for OWl…
yeah, another reason to love it…
so people could understand which beam she is using right now, because both beams are the same colour for spectators

Plzzz???
20 characters

I like new damage boost, but I like old heal beam.

Also on this topic, can we get some player visuals for Valk? Like it’s pretty and all to see as another hero but when you play Mercy it’s just regular beam and staff, but midair

They changed it so it would be more clear in OWL, but I think they could have just changed the colors or something. I think old beams are much prettier

1 Like