Revert Mercy Beams?

In my opinion, the new healing beam looks like out of control spaghetti and the new damage boost beam looks scruffy and tatty.

Old Damage Boost:

New Damage Boost:

Old Healing Beam:

New Healing Beam:

Thank you to Brawl and SirRockNRyan for the screenshots!

92 Likes

thats literally the least important thing if it comes to mercy.

also call me crazy but aren’t these changes like a year old??

8 Likes

If we ain’t gettin Mercy 3.0 (which, eventually, blizz will be forced to do it) at least we are getting this.

6 Likes

They are like 4 months or so, not that much. But the beams look ugly, seriously

6 Likes

why was that change made anyway?

9 Likes

Doesn’t mean I can’t make a post about this? I’ve made plenty regarding Mercy’s balance.

They were introduced at the same time OWL started. It’s been rumoured to have been changed to help OWL spectators distinguish the different beams. Now that OWL is over, I hope it can be changed back (even though it’ll be back sooner or later).

3 Likes

Sounds fine to me.

3 Likes

Probably so that people can figure out what mercy is doing for the overwatch league. Both beams have the same color in spectator mode and they had to make them different so you could tell them apart I assume.

5 Likes

owl is not over. as far as i know there is a deadline for teams to get formed and sign up, so 2nd season is rather a certainty. i don’t see a point in switching it back and forth every half a year just because someone doesn’t like it.

2 Likes

Oh another crappy tweak thanks to OWL. Wonderful.

17 Likes

I like the sketti, sue me

2 Likes

you missed the part in that exact post where I say:

1 Like

I LAUGHED TOO HARD AT THIS IM SO SORRY

if we get mercy 3.0, i want meatballs flying around the spaghetti or else im leaving the game

5 Likes

It looks like this!

8 Likes

brUH HOLD YOUR HORSES EVERYONE, WE NEED TO IMPLEMENT THIS TO THE GAME RIGHT NOW

1 Like

The polish from Mercy was pulled through the dirt with the “rework”. So many things look, feel and play just wrong now, that looking at her Polish is nothing bad.

Sure, it’s not as important as game balance, but polish is important.
And compared to the rest of the game, Mercy is in that regards (Thanks to her “rework”) is nothing but a patch of dark dirt on a white wall.

1 Like

I’m bumping your post but I actually like the new versions better, partially because you called it spaghetti.

1 Like

You know how the devs are. If they put something in the game that fails, they won’t revert it because “they worked real hard on the new stuff”

1 Like

that thing looks like a fly and a snail in a kimono :mask:

2 Likes

1 Like