Revert Mercy (20 characters)

changed my mind about mass rez. To end the forum debate I’ll just link this well done video of a YouTuber named Aria Rose analyzing footage of the old ultimate and explaining why it’s balanced.

Now when the SR system is fixed, the old problems with Mercy won’t be nearly as big
123 Likes

At least there’s hope that’s some people listen to reason and facts.

10 Likes

Meh I like Valkyrie more than mass rez. Mass rez can stay dead imo. I don’t even like single rez, but i’ll let that one slide. I would rather have a more proactive skill than rez.

19 Likes

Mass res was the strongest ult in the game, surpassing Grav and shatter, and way beyond the likes of trans and nano. I’m happy to see it gone.
What they should do is outright remove res in place of a flight/cc cleanse ability. It seems wrong that only Zarya can cleanse allies of ana’s nade, widow’s mine etc, yet no support can.
That or the upcoming hero will, although I think it may be another tank.

18 Likes

Ohh, what if Mercy’s ult was like an aoe cc protection that had some dmg reduction or something

I think that’d be better as an ability. The support ults theme around extra healing, armour and shields, rather than CC editing. Although anti-cc would be a hero concept we’d like (on heroes other than Orisa and Zarya), it’ll definitely arrive with the next hero, and not a rework.

2 Likes

Yikes.

32 Likes

“lets just show clips of mercy not hiding while saying its rare for a mercy to hide, that will make it true!”

19 Likes

So other ults get to stay powerful but Resurrect isn’t allowed to? What is this double standard.

28 Likes

Watching that reminded me that I miss it… a lot :sob:

13 Likes

Let’s just pretend that “Hide n Rez” was a viable strategy to avoid the fact that I’m unable to kill Resurrected players because my team blew their ults all at once against a outnumbered team without a main healer.

38 Likes

What does this have to do with my statement?

Proactive: creating or controlling a situation by causing something to happen rather than responding to it after it has happened.

I would like rez (a reactive skill) to be replaced with a proactive skill. Valkyrie has nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

Well resurrect is the ability to come back completely from a team wipe, allowing a very one sided fight in most scenarios. Plus, it meant that mercy would be a must pick, which isn’t the idea when we have various supports to choose from. Although zarya and rein have the most powerful cc ults in the game, they aren’t must pick heroes, not with the recent nerfs to the two, and the popularity of dive and the restrictiveness of brawl.

It’s pretty unlikely they are going to get rid of Valkyrie and put back in Mass Rez if they haven’t done it by now.

Something like this is way more likely:

Single Rez, Only available in Valk on Q, less cast time than 1.75sec

3 Likes

Maybe don’t blow all you ults at once and conserve it then it won’t be so one-sided.

Was a trash pick in season 1-3 (a bit of 4)

Zarya right now is a must pick, along with Reinhardt…

8 Likes

Unfortunately, you are probably right. Anything to tone down the power of Mercy. Am I right?

Okay team, dont press Q at all until we find the mercy, make sure to check all the corners. Ah crap, we are down a couple, okay lets back out and try and find her next fight.

15 Likes

Vocal minority indeed.

2 Likes

Why would you be using ultimates in a 6v5 against a team with no main healer?

7 Likes

Nope. If you’ve seen recent matches, Zarya is far from being a must pick across the board. The reason why dive dominated was because D.Va and Winston have lower skill floors, whereas Zarya’s is a mashup of ability usage and aim, meaning that the lower levels of play rarely use Zarya to her full potential.

Season 1 didn’t have a meta at all, season 3 I agree with, season 4 I disagree, as we did see barely any Ana after her nerfs, and Mercy was the only other main healer at the time.

That first reply was also poorly written. In a fight where the team uses gravstrike for example, they’re at an ult disadvantage if the entire team is rez’d, with their 5 ults in the waiting. It’s one sided due to health and occasional picks too; if a zenyatta dies on the opposing team, and yours gets a full rez, you’re at a 6v5 advantage. It’s not just about ultimates.