Revert hero balance back to where it was before Goats

Thanks for the response. It’s always great to see the devs thought processes on these matters.

Are there any plans for Brig then? She’s not doing very well at all, especially in 2-2-2. I know she’s a difficult hero to change due to the emotions surrounding her, but leaving her in her current state is not something I’m in favour of.

16 Likes

I hope we will see a major overhaul.
The game is so overloaded right now.

Tanks, support, dps are all too strong, the moment someone f up someone blows up and you loose

2 Likes

I truely hope so. For a melee based hero, she’s simply getting run over. At least test a shield buff to 300 hp.

5 Likes

Josh I wonder if maybe you can shed some light on what the future of LFG is…and if any consideration was given to improvements of that system before going through with the 222 changes…lots of people on here take issue with the restrictiveness/inflexibility of the role queue system (a strength of LFG)

1 Like

So GOATS is not directly the reason why time-to-kill is currently at zero?

1 Like

Glad to see you’re all working so hard still on fixing Bastion…

wait.

11 Likes

I’m waiting with pitchfork and torches.

3 Likes

Why did you shrink their beam sizes. Symmetra finally not being totally helpless against mobile heroes was a major factor in her finally being good. On top of that she was one of the few heroes the disabled community could use well. On top of that, in most games I have played close range weapons have wider hitboxes because movement in CQC is more erratic and easier to evade LOS.

I understand the damage changes but not the beam size.

2 Likes

It’s been years since Bastion was cared about in any official capacity.

Yes, changes have been made, very very small changes.

But it’s always been a net nerf to Bastion.
For no reason.

1 Like

It’s very nice to get some feedback from the devs. I know you guys have probably been scared away from the folks on the forums at this point, but I would love to see more regular updates acknowledging various concerns from time to time. You guys don’t necessarily have to commit to anything, but just understanding concerns that various folks have would be nice. You guys have access to a lot more data than we do, so seeing something like the beam damage tuning explained by the devs goes a long way and also helps avoid a lot of heated arguments between others on the forum.

4 Likes

Generally speaking I think era of dive meta was looked more favorably than other meta.

1 Like

Yes and also fix the Mercy superjump No Hero should depend on exploits to be playable … you keep nerfing Moira with Bugfixes but refuse to fix superjump…

1 Like

Fix brig

20character

You sure as hell managed to destroy Dva though lol. Probably the only tank I would actually play if I needed to tank, and now she’s just an ult battery.

Dissapointing news feelsbad

And this is why dev doesn’t speak to us so often, everyone is overwhelming them…

Well, you certainly destroyed Brigitte and then exacerbated every issue facing the game’s balance by adding Sigma. A large portion of your playerbase does not consider the game’s current balance state to be anything in the same universe as “successful,” with most heroes rendered nonviable, a barrier-oriented meta with an overabundance of CC, and the flashy esports favorites like Hanzo considered okay to render half the DPS cast obsolete.

Can we expect some more serious balance changes soon, or are you guys more concerned about obfuscating 6-stacks against solo randos?

19 Likes

Maybe they need a community manager then, who can handle PR and talk to people about what’s going on.

It’s not like Activision-Blizzard is short on money here.

10 Likes

Btw Josh if youre still reading, i would take Symm damage numbers with a grain of salt. They are inflated thanks to double barrier which makes it way easier to charge her beam savely to lvl 3 than it would be in a regular meta with just 1 main tank.

If you nerf Sigma out of the meta, then Symm gets automatically weaker.

3 Likes

It’s silly seeing people abuse the super jump. Even diamonds can do it. It’s not even a nerf, a fix. But Mercy mains will complain about it as a nerf.

2 Likes

I’m so glad this got addressed, thank you, Joshua.