Revert Brig’s Base Health Nerf

Nah I just don’t feel like digging it up.

But let’s just say I got a decent understanding of where devs heads are at with Mei.

that brig was hated by a lot of the players?

well I think so, no proof but look at the hate the VA got. taht is proof enough for me that brig was disliked more than liked by every single overwatch player.

You are right about a lot of things, but not everything.

Mei was problematic though, and they quickly dismantled her so she wasn’t good in OWL.

I’ve seen a lot of your “ideas”, and most, if not all, are bad.

That’s just the loud minority.

Well I am wrong a lot of the time.

But I’m right more often than 90% of the rest of the forum combined :slight_smile:

Brigitte Main that wants her to be fun again - #14 by GreyFalcon-11737

I think the Buff Brig needs is to auto mute whoever is harassing you by the simple act of picking Brig at the start of a match.

Joking aside, if they are so afraid to give her 50 health back, can we at least try an exp card with 100hp and 100armor? or 125hp 75armor?

2 Likes

Either buff the shield or her health pool.

I want to see 100/100, it would give me a bigger edge against Tracer.

A hero’s Meta Viability is unrelated to how fun they are to play. Meta stands for the “most effective tactic available,” not the most fun or enjoyable. You can have a gameplay loop or mechanic that’s as boring as watching paint dry, but as long as it’s the fastest route to success it’ll still be considered the Most Effective Tactic Available.

I think we may be talking about different things, here.

My beef with the devs is that they make no effort to ensure that all of their heroes are fun to play. And yeah, that includes heroes like Brig and Mei.

There are plenty of things they could have done to balance their roster in ways that don’t drive away players every time they release a new balance patch. It’s by no means impossible to nerf a hero without killing off what makes them so interesting and enjoyable for that hero’s playerbase.

But when the devs administer balance changes, they do not seem to care about preserving the “fun factor” of the heroes they change. As a result, there’s a lot of heroes who used to have a lot more mains playing them before questionable balance descisions killed off the fun factor of playing them.

When a hero’s own mains say “X isn’t fun to play with these changes,” the devs should listen.

If a hero is overperforming, then of course that should be addressed. But there is such a thing as “the wrong nerf.” When that happens, the devs should be willing to make reverts. They aren’t.

It’s not enough for the devs to look at a hero and ask, “are they balanced?”

They must also ask, “are they fun as possible without being overpowered? How well can they deliver on the ‘hero fantasy’ of their character design?”

If the answer to the second one is “no,” or “eh, could be better…” then that hero needs work.

Unfortunately, because of how the devs have handled tank and support balance, the vast majority of tanks and supports now need a lot of work.

1 Like

So, DPS (and especially Genji) mains then.

Why does she need to be harder to play?

Right now brig is the actual glass. But not a cannon.

Lucio and Mercy have mobility - the best way to survive. And selfregen
Moira - has a selfheal orb, lifesteal and best escape in the game.
Bap have lamp, self heal and boots.
Ana has sleep, burst selfheal and just awesome hard to hit hitbox.

In my expirience Brig dies to everything just super fast. Only Zenyatta is more ez to kill then brig.

1 Like

I liked I idea but not to attach it to fade. I want a utility but not tied in a way that screws her.

Well said. Thank you. Why can’t I be as tactful?

I’ve gotten a loooot of practice, that’s all.

I used to main Mercy back in 2016-2017, but after they put her though a rework that made her the most overpowered and boring hero the game has ever seen… I started writing essays on the forums in attempts to convince the devs to re-rework Mercy. Every day. For two years.

It didn’t work, of course, but I did learn a lot about game development and pvp balance in the process of researching for my psuedo-articles. I guess you could say that analysing what lead Overwatch to it’s current state has become a hobby for me.

1 Like

It was just an example

This is proof that Brig haters are awful people

2 Likes

So I just showed that every other hitscan performs better than Mcree on a meta that according to you is not for hitscans yet you are still debating this…somehow…

So pretty much 95% of the game heroes have a much higher winrate and we are just gonna say that Brig’s is fine? Based on what exactly? Your opinion?

Just did and please stop. You’re plain wrong.

Moira is viable as I stated above but is NOT CLOSE TO BEING META.
Moira montly stats: 12.84% pickrate and 51.76% winrate. 4th place (and this is considering only 5 healers are viable atm).
Moira weekly: 8.71% pickrate and 54.15% winrate. 5th place (againd considering only 5 are viable).

Both sorted by supports only and at GM the rank Blizz cares for.

Where are you getting this Moira is super good claim from?

Is not this clear after 4 years?
Hybrid ofc. He is like Mercy in a sense.
He is an off healer with a lot of utility that in the right hands can destroy flankers BUT at the same time can be easily destroyed by them. That is due to his extremely limited mobility.

I said it wasn’t for mccree I’m pretty sure, long range dps are good in certain dive variations, mccree ain’t long range dps

21st winrate overall 15th in GM, including the very very low pickrate heroes so realistically she’s 1-2 places higher, 500 is fine

I was talking about how much healing she is doing, which is a lot

Answer the question, what archetype does zen fill, idek what hybrid means. Zen is good in dive you can’t even try to say otherwise

She’s a support, being focused should kill her. Even if her self defense is bad compared to how it used to be, it’s still really good compared to the other supports.