Request for Mercy Pink Skin in Overwatch 2

100% of the money goes to the charity and ergo helps continue to fight to cure cancer

The motivations of the buyers are irrelevant (except as an attack on fellow forum members, which is against both the spirit and rules of this forum and should ergo cease) because the dollar from an alleged “sinner” spends the same for cancer research as a dolalr form an alleged “saint”

Blizzard already stated that the Pink Mercy Skin is not coming back numerous of times. When I see someone make a statement saying something along the lines like this (see below)

without any factual source/ link, even though Blizzard themselves has stated that it is not coming back, is quite telling. I am all for bringing the skin back or doing a new charity event, but honestly, threads demanding or requesting for the skin to come back are quite tiresome, but of course I still check out the threads to see if any new lead/ evidence has been stated in the return of the skin. Sadly, the evidence just further proves that the skin is not coming back, based on all the threads that I either read or engage with.

1 Like

thats not what they stated, actually

yep they did, there’s articles but I wont show them.

They have, actually. The link is provided above. Please feel free to check out the hyperlink provided, also, I can copy and paste the sources that stated that the devs and those working close/ for Blizzard have stated that Pink Mercy has no plan on making a return.

1 Like

I would prefer pink rein in a tutu

Make it a two-for-one deal and let’s get Rein and Torb in a pink tutu and we have a deal. /s

Or we could also do other cancers that are under funded like testicular or lung for example

2 Likes

This would be the ultimate plan.

1 Like

I just see alot of talk of breast cancer for skin when we have so many other things that are funded so much less. Breast cancer os just insanly funded already

1 Like

I am more open to other awareness and medical conditions being exposed here in Overwatch. That would be really nice.

1 Like

What about other characters?

What about other cancer research efforts?

If breast cancer research is important to you, why not donate directly to charity?

The motives here are purely for the satisfaction of getting an in-game cosmetic, not the actual cause the skin represents. How does an old Mercy skin help to save lives?

1 Like

as I have already clarified, what was claimed earlier as being Blizzards statement is not what they have stated

with no cure found yet, I personally wouldnt say that any cancer-fighting group is overfunded or “insanely” funded

I have family in these industries and compared to other cancers beast cancers is insanly funded and over funded comes from companies pay for things not needed just to spend the money they get because they are non profit.

And my mother has had breast cancer so its not that i dont care its just a logistics problem not a feelings thing

as I said, I dont see any cancer fight as over-funded or excessively funded or “insanely” funded while there is no cure for cancer

Their are places over funded when they have to dump money into dumb thingsn ot helping find the cure thats what i mean by over funded. And in comparison to other its insane how much more money it gets. And not saying its bad but other cancers and diseases can use the money more

I understand the need to cure other forms of cancer, but I still dont view any organization as overfunded while the cure has not yet been found

Overfinding is the problem if they get money that doesnt go to the research of said disease but goes to trash so the company can stay as a non profit thats what i mean by over funded and the problem with that is that money could be bleed over to other research groups but because of how non profits work they cant do that because its would be an insanly easy way to clean money so i get why they can’t do it

if an organization is dedicated to finding a cure for x, then I assume unless proven otherwise that they are using the money to do the research as well as the functions to support this - legal, hr, building maintenance, security, and so forth

More money means they can hire more researchers, buy better equipment, etc etc etc

all good as I see it

as such, again, I dont see any such organization as overfunded while a cure has not yet been found

finally, the Pink Mercy skin is specifically and inextricably linked to the BCRF, so I dont see the money from the sales of this skin going anywhere else, regardless of the funding situation of the BCRF or any other similar organization