Reporting streamer mode users

Idk where to put this, because I’m guessing its not a bug, but I just played a game of Mystery Heros, had a guy on my team AFK 90% of match, when I went to report him his username changed. I dont think that streamer mode should swap the name for every single instance, especially on the endorsements screen. It just makes it irritating trying to figure out who it was, not mentioning there were 2 people with streamer mode on, on my team. “Oh well check their heros” both of them ended on tracer/ echo. The afker was on junkrat for a while while the other had kiriko, still, it just is stupid to swap around the name every time you see their profile.

5 Likes

Yeah a TON of people are using it and I’ve noticed a lot of them are trolling or afk. I would think reports will link to the account regardless. Best thing you can do is report during the game or just after where you can still see the hero they played.

5 Likes

It still is frustrating, I play on a switch so its not the easiest thing to report mid game, but it also swaps their name on the social screen😓 so its still not the most helpful.

1 Like

Oh yeah, then my suggestion really does nothing for you, which sucks. On PC it’s very quick. Does “Last Match” or whatever its called after the game show you their hero? I usually just remember the icon and who they were playing.

I am pretty sure that’s an actual bug.

1 Like

It says the hero but its not very helpful in a mystery heros match lol.

1 Like

If you go to socials tab after the game, does it show their real name? I think it got mentioned in the blog post that it should. If it doesn’t then it’s bugged ig

It doesnt show their real username. In game they were JusiceR41N5 in the endorsement page they were BeanBoy, when I opened their profile it was M1tZ1. :frowning:

That sounds like a bug to me.

Did you send the ticket/posted it on report bug forums?

1 Like

Im going to now, like I said I’m fairly certain its not a bug, but I’ll still post there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s stupid.
Streamer mode should ONLY randomize the name for the person with streamer mode on so that people watching on stream can’t see their real name, which is the purpose of it. It is NOT meant to make it so other people in the match can’t see their real name.
God, Blizzard is embarrassing.

1 Like

Well if it is not a bug then it’s horribly designed system, and they will tell you this.

But on the off chance it is a bug, they maybe fix it.

Cheers and have a nice day

Streamers asked for the name to be changed while in game to prevent harassment or targeting in game. There’s some people who freak out about a known streamer being in their game and will disrupt the game by targeting them, only helping them, or giving them easy targets.

Does it need to change the name every single time their system contacts the server? No, but in game masking is necessary.

6 Likes

Giving special treatment to streamers to protect them while allowing other abuse, sexism, racism, toxicity, throwing, cheating, etc to run rampant in-game while they do nothing about it.
They also will literally only unban an account if it belongs to a streamer.

Shows where their priorities lie.
Money.
And keeping the people that make them money happy.

1 Like

No, it’s also meant to make it so other people in the match can’t see their real name, so they don’t focus on the streamer.

It’s also good when you play multiple games of comp and you often play against/with the same people. If they don’t recognize you, they’re less likely to get triggered. Happened to me a few times.

1 Like

Its understandable, but when its abused by toxic players and only makes it more difficult to report them, especially on a casual level, it does more bad than good sadly. :frowning:

You may not have noticed because several of the threads got pulled down, but the ban hammer has been flying with full force for the past few weeks. People using questionable language in even innocuous ways have been getting suspensions.

System needs a bit of tuning, most definitely.

And yet I consistently encounter toxic people and then encounter them again a few days later, still typing in chat being toxic.
As well as extremely toxic endorsement 5 players, which means they’ve never been actioned for it.

3 Likes

Give it time. It’s still a fairly sizable player base and make take some time to get to some bad actors.