Reported for playing poorly due to worse computer

I played 4 seasons in masters with a 144hz monitor getting consistent 300fps (capped).
I do not always have access to my good computer now so I’ve been playing on a 60hz monitor with a computer that usually outputs 40-80 fps depending on the intensity of the fights and what not. And I play A LOT worse on this bad computer, but it’s the only way I can play overwatch sometimes. Since the beginning of the season I have fallen 450 sr and have been reported / accused of throwing several times despite doing my absolute best. I’m sitting at low diamond right now, and if I didn’t play comp, I would have decayed anyways so “not playing comp on my bad computer” isn’t an option until I hit <3000 sr.

I want to know if I can be banned for this, because the reports I’ve gotten have been vast. Also will blizzard’s automated banning system see that I’ve lost a lot of sr despite being at masters for the longest time and think that I’ve been throwing? I’m genuinely concerned. Any confirmation? Thanks.

If you dont have the hardware or internet, you shouldnt play games competitively.

It sucks but thats the truth.

12 Likes

I’ll decay, can’t stop. Plus comp is still a lot more fun. Console only gets 60fps, getting 40-80 is pretty much just as bad. I want to know if blizzard will ban me thinking that I’ve been throwing.

Blizzard will ban you automatically anyway if people keep reporting you for playing poorly.

So you should probably just deal with the SR loss, unfortunately.

I’m probably a 2800sr player with this crappy setup, I’d still have to play after all the decay I’d go through to hit my propper sr. Then I face the problem that I’m too good on my good computer at that sr.

Idk what to tell ya man. With Blizzards automated ban system, and the fact that they dont listen to repeal pleas, or care about your SR, youre pretty screwed either way.

Dont play comp if you dont have the hardware consistently enough to keep your SR /shrug

1 Like

Yeah, even if you can still play, you’re apparently playing at a level that’s ~500 SR lower than your average (given how far you’ve dropped).

When someone plays at a level ~500 SR lower than where they’re currently ranked, it’s obvious. Even if you’re trying your hardest with all the limitations you have, your teammates don’t know that. All they see is someone playing at a level ~500 SR below where they are, which is substantial.

I’d suggest taking a break from competitive, both for your SR’s sake and the sake of any potential teammates as well.

3 Likes

I might take a break. Not sure yet, right now I’m on my good computer so I’m destroying right now which is why I brought the subject up. I wish blizzard would just tell us these things.

Dont play comp on bad pc,play comp on good pc…

Doesnt matter if you decay, you should be still be placed with players of your MMR even if you decay

Yeah, I mean whether you’re doing it on purpose or not, you’re effectively smurfing in the reportable sense of the word (i.e. throwing games to tank SR to gain an unfair advantage against low-ranked players).

For that reason, I’d suggest you stop playing in comp on your crappy computer and only play on your good one. You’re definitely putting yourself at risk of reports from low-ranked teams (for smurfing) and high-ranked teams (for throwing). I’d just avoid that altogether if I was in your place.

1 Like

if 40-80fps is considered a bad pc then consoles are bad :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d decay to 3000 then I might be reported for smurfing :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean they are

Consoles are enclosed boxes of death, especially playstation

No crossplay
No upgrading
Slow updates
Will become outdataded soon
New one will come out and you gotta upgrade
Super expansive
Less games overall
Indie game seen is small

1 Like

Can you play on heros that’d hit less issues due to the computer?

I have internet issues from time to time in the middle of matches and my computer only gets around 30 FPS. As a result, some heros are sometimes shall we say sub-optimal. While others can work mostly for example this lovely match had my ping jump to 400 + for a fair portion of it.

My damage was terrible but, the healing amount was sufficient.

1 Like

I personally hate consoles, but 60fps is considered smooth gameplay. I however find it very choppy being used to 144hz.

I was playing more torbjorn but I took the blame for everything, so I moved away from that. I could lucio but he’s not my cup of tea, I’ll try some other heroes and see what works with poor fps, thanks.

In my humble opinion, if you climb to an appropriate SR on a good PC, then fall when on the bad PC… you are throwing every time you play on that bad PC. You are literally dragging your teams down, admittedly playing poorly on the given equipment. You know it. You still do it to get your Overwatch ‘fix’.

I’d report you too. Stop playing on bad equipment. You deserve what you get.

1 Like

So if my mouse breaks I can’t play overwatch for 2 weeks until I get a new one? I just find that wrong. I still love playing competitive even when I get ~60fps

Yes. Exactly. Don’t be an addict. Don’t ruin other peoples games when you KNOW you can’t play your best. Quick Play is for broken mice and bad PCs. Competitive is to play your best, all things considered.

Enjoy those suspensions bro.

So being slightly tired = not playing your best = reportable?

Not if it isn’t noticed by your teammates. You are, apparently, being noticed.

But I don’t think my situation is reportable since I’m playing my absolute best. I just want to hear it from blizzard.